U/18 All Australian predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Rich is still the best young midfielder I've seen. I've seen him do certain things that I've never seen in an 18 year old. His championship form was clearly disappointing, but to me it's not a concern.

Ultimately, the whole AA concept means nothing. He's still the best midfield prospect in the nation and, as such, I'm comfortable if he gets in on the back of his reputation alone.

I have no doubt that will piss some people off.

Rich is still the best young midfielder I've seen. I've seen him do certain things that I've never seen in an 18 year old. His championship form was clearly disappointing, but to me it's not a concern.

Ultimately, the whole AA concept means nothing. He's still the best midfield prospect in the nation and, as such, I'm comfortable if he gets in on the back of his reputation alone.

I have no doubt that will piss some people off.

your joking on what basis are you judging this i watched all the games and i really dont no what your watching from what i have watched there isnt really a standout midfielder through the championships that collected high numbers...Daniel Rich doesnt work hard enough when hes down which was most the championships..and selectors will notice this hes a big body and does not utalise it at all im not sayin he isnt a good player but ive seen no evidence what so ever to tell me hes the best midfielder in the nation!!

your joking on what basis are you judging this i watched all the games and i really dont no what your watching from what i have watched there isnt really a standout midfielder through the championships that collected high numbers...Daniel Rich doesnt work hard enough when hes down which was most the championships..and selectors will notice this hes a big body and does not utalise it at all im not sayin he isnt a good player but ive seen no evidence what so ever to tell me hes the best midfielder in the nation!!

That's what he is saying, outside of this tournament he has seen some great things. That why he said this tournament for him was disapointing.

He never said Rich was the best in the nation.

best midfield prospect in the nation vs. best midfielder in the nation, perhaps?

Bit pendantic, but nonetheless...

Anyway, what you're seemingly failing to recognise is that some people have seen more of rich than just the carnival.

3 years of involvement at WAFL level.

Don't tell me he doesn't work hard enough.

Plays well in the midfield for the most dominant WAFL team, Subiaco, he played in their GF win last year, he should be in the top 3.

i think everyone is forgetting something with these all australian teams,
this is for both division 1 and division 2...
the selectors will need to fit in atleast 1 queenslander and 1 nothern territory lad i would suspect so there might be a few suprises as to who makes it and who misses out..

Some WA stats! AIS and media hype will sway selectors who apparently are all Victorians! Can anyone confirm who is on the panel-besides Sheehan?

Pearce 90 possessions and 21 marks
Deboer 102 25
Lucas 89 25
Rich 80 13
Walters 88 29
Hill 67 15
Yarran 46 (4 games) 13
Al McConnell (AIS), Barry Pendergast (Melbourne FC), Stephen Wells (Geelong FC), Graham Wright (Hawthorn FC) and Merv Keane (Essendon FC)

Rich and Naitanui are garunteed AA spots, even if they are put on the bench, simply for there name being so hyped up.
Like Cotchin last year?

For those that don't get it, my whole point was that Cotchin didn't make it last year on the back of a poor Carnival, despite the hype surrounding him.

i think everyone is forgetting something with these all australian teams,
this is for both division 1 and division 2...
the selectors will need to fit in atleast 1 queenslander and 1 nothern territory lad i would suspect so there might be a few suprises as to who makes it and who misses out..

sharples from n.t and the 1 i really think is gettin right under the guard is dayne beams been in queensland for past 2 weeks and papers are sayin recruiters are tippin him to go first round and did a bit of a look up on him over his 3 national games and 3 tac cup games hes averaging 30 disposals and a goal..including championship high 34 disposals..any1 else seen this guy play all the talk here is him!any1 share some more info?and i dnt think you have to pick a queenslander and a n.t boy there form must warrant it i think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rich was the best for WA against the best team VIC M and was 2nd best for WA against Tasmania and against NSW he got 15 posses and a goal which isnt too bad just missed out on the best players for WA.

Natunai is the best ruck and he proved it with the carnival how people can possibly suggest he shouldnt be AA is a joke. Nat starting ruck and Mckernan on the bench IMO.

What about B.Sheppard is he a chance for BPocket he killed J.Watts against VIC M and also was in the best for WA against VIC C and SA. He is a shut down BP FB who kept his men pretty quiet during the whole carival without getting it alot himself.

Nah, he got in from kicking goals and leading Div 2 in goal assists (along with the tokenism of being from NSW).
God forbid any player from NSW may have some talent.
Obviously they have none as got whalloped every game in the Div 1 this year.

Hang on, didn't they beat Vic Country???????????????????????
Still don't take any notice, game was in Sydney and Vic had to travel, play with one hand behind back and only kick off the ground, head the ball to each other and talk to each other in Hebrew.
Gee and I think they beat Tassie in Tassie a week later.
NSW finished the carnival with the same amount of wins as Vic C and you only think a NSW player would make it as a token to the uneducated northern states.
Gee you blokes are good for a laugh.:D

God forbid any player from NSW may have some talent.
Obviously they have none as got whalloped every game in the Div 1 this year.

Hang on, didn't they beat Vic Country???????????????????????
Still don't take any notice, game was in Sydney and Vic had to travel, play with one hand behind back and only kick off the ground, head the ball to each other and talk to each other in Hebrew.
Gee and I think they beat Tassie in Tassie a week later.
NSW finished the carnival with the same amount of wins as Vic C and you only think a NSW player would make it as a token to the uneducated northern states.
Gee you blokes are good for a laugh.:D
Love the sarcasm.

I saw NSW/ACT play twice and they were sh*t in both of them. Woopy doo they beat Tasmania who were also no where near the standard required for Division 1 either.

NSW/ACT across the ground would get beaten by two-thirds of TAC Cup sides. Fact.

Their best advantage was that they had about played quite a lot of footy as a team before meeting Vic Country. A lot more than Vic Country had. It might have helped them in that game, but made them as flat as a tack before the came to Melbourne and copped a flogging from Vic Metro and SA. Two months of road trips was just rediculous.

NSW/ACT will get one AA I reckon, probably Reed just cos it'll look good for the promotion of the game and the scholarship program.

Love the sarcasm.

I saw NSW/ACT play twice and they were sh*t in both of them. Woopy doo they beat Tasmania who were also no where near the standard required for Division 1 either.

NSW/ACT across the ground would get beaten by two-thirds of TAC Cup sides. Fact.

Their best advantage was that they had about played quite a lot of footy as a team before meeting Vic Country. A lot more than Vic Country had. It might have helped them in that game, but made them as flat as a tack before the came to Melbourne and copped a flogging from Vic Metro and SA. Two months of road trips was just rediculous.

NSW/ACT will get one AA I reckon, probably Reed just cos it'll look good for the promotion of the game and the scholarship program.
What more excuses for Vic can you come up with footyman?
Its not as if the Country boys had not been playing footy at all.
Agree that NSW are not up to the standard across the board but there are some players who do meet the standard, and not all have scholarships.

Glad you got the sarcasm:D

Love the sarcasm.

footyman you obviously get right up the victorian boys assholes a bit coz your one eyed!!ok im a victorian and the standard of football here is alot better as that this is all there is here rugby in unheard of really..where eas n.s.w and qld are rugby dominated..but from what ive seen in the championships div 2 and div 1 and the tac cup games witht the queenslanders i think edwickarama reed from nsw and beams from queensland could easily match it..and are very worthy of aa spots..id go as far as sayin beams and ranga are right up there witht the best mids goin round for there age and i know there both highly touted first round picks..so i think ur comments are pretty ordinary..im witht eh other bloke!!

footyman you obviously get right up the victorian boys assholes a bit coz your one eyed!!
How articulate!

I don't care if you think I'm one eyed mate, I don't think I am, I'll acknowledge good players from anywhere. I certainly wanted to see WA win the carnival, I think its good to have the results shared around and Metro have dominated for long enough with philosophies I dont agree with.

ok im a victorian
Really? I thought you might be from Southport.

ranga are right up there witht the best mids goin round...i know there both highly touted first round picks
Ranga is a NSW scholarship player for Geelong, they'll get him through that. Not sure whose touting him as a first round pick but you should tell em that he won't get drafted in the first round.

How articulate!

I don't care if you think I'm one eyed mate, I don't think I am, I'll acknowledge good players from anywhere. I certainly wanted to see WA win the carnival, I think its good to have the results shared around and Metro have dominated for long enough with philosophies I dont agree with.

Really? I thought you might be from Southport.

Ranga is a NSW scholarship player for Geelong, they'll get him through that. Not sure whose touting him as a first round pick but you should tell em that he won't get drafted in the first round.

thats good mate good luck with your AA team or should i say the victorian boys..anyway mate have a good time tnyte whilst ur in the toilet thinkin bout one of the vic boys

This is wat i think the side should look like.

B: O'Keefe SA Hurly VM Hooper VC

HB: Klemke NSW/ACT Lisle VM Pearce WA

C: Robinson TAS Rich WA Zaharakis VM

HF: Zeibel VC Johnston SA Heyne VC

FF: Walters WA Watts VM Cahill SA

FOL: Naitanui WA Hartlet SA Debour WA

INT: McKernan VM Banner VM Sidebottom VC Edirickrama NSW/ACT

These comments made about getting the Qld and NT boys in the side i disagree with. Remember NSW/ACT and TAS are also division 2 sides and should get the advantage over Qld and NT. So i think only a couple will keep get picked from these division 2 sides and it is only fair that it could only be from NSW/ACT and TAS as ive shown above. But i maybe wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

U/18 All Australian predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back