MMA-UFC UFC 226 - Stipe v Corimer The Superfight

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Maxy might be getting submitted.

I don't see it happening. Ortega's made a habit of coming from behind to beat guys when they start to fade. Max seems to get better the longer the fight goes and has good enough wrestling to keep the fight on the feet where he'll have a decent sized advantage. I think both guys have their moments, but see Max outworking him to a wide decision.

I don't see it happening. Ortega's made a habit of coming from behind to beat guys when they start to fade. Max seems to get better the longer the fight goes and has good enough wrestling to keep the fight on the feet where he'll have a decent sized advantage. I think both guys have their moments, but see Max outworking him to a wide decision.

T-City can finish subs on the feet though!

T-City can finish subs on the feet though!

He sure can and I think he'll have some big moments in this fight. I just don't think Max will give him enough in order to get the finish and I don't see how he can beat Max to a decision. With Max's impending move up to the 155 division though, I think Ortega has a future as a champion at 145.

Didn’t realise Max was so keen to move up a weight class, listening/reading some stuff I’d say this will be his last at featherweight.

Has a pretty great claim to fight for the lightweight title, likely to be a two division champ I reckon.

Didn’t realise Max was so keen to move up a weight class, listening/reading some stuff I’d say this will be his last at featherweight.

Has a pretty great claim to fight for the lightweight title, likely to be a two division champ I reckon.

Yeah, it sounds like the cut down to 145 is becoming too much for him. I definitely see him in with a top 5 opponent as soon as he does move up, but if he does go up for his next fight with McGregor and Ferguson both likely getting titleshots, I can't see him getting an immediate title shot. I would like to see him rematch Poirier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it sounds like the cut down to 145 is becoming too much for him. I definitely see him in with a top 5 opponent as soon as he does move up, but if he does go up for his next fight with McGregor and Ferguson both likely getting titleshots, I can't see him getting an immediate title shot. I would like to see him rematch Poirier.
I wouldn’t be opposed to that, but I still think he’d also be fair game for a title shot.

Conor probably has the power, if he manages to beat Khabib and then he wants to rematch Max he will be given it.

I'm not one to advocate further unnecessary extreme weight cutting, but if he can beat Ortega and fight out at FW until we can have a champ vs champ fight, against who ever holds the title at the time, would be ideal for mine.

I'm not one to advocate further unnecessary extreme weight cutting, but if he can beat Ortega and fight out at FW until we can have a champ vs champ fight, against who ever holds the title at the time, would be ideal for mine.

I guess it will all come down to how much longer he can continue to make 45. If he can do it while Conor and Ferguson get their title shots, great, but if he's wanting to move up sooner than later, he'd likely need to take a fight in the interim.

Card doesn’t have game the hype for me in comparison to 225 mainly cause of Bobby Knuckles.

Reckon these fights will be better though, reckon Francis will smoke Lewis.

From reading the weight cut is too much now
Ive heard it was due to him showing concussion like symptoms over the past few days. I was actually watching an interview he did with Megan Olivie just last night and thought it seemed like his speech was more slurred than usual and he could barely open his eyes. Granted this interview may have been taken before all this Im really not sure.

Does not sound too good at all though. It would be an absolute tragedy if he had to retire early. Im hoping its nothing that sinister but
we seem to be learning more and more that concussions and head injuries need to be taken more seriously. Maybe im over reacting mentioning retirement but when I heard concussion symptoms it definitely raised alarm bells.

Bound to happen, the mma gods are fickle
Wonder whether Aldo vs Stephens gets scrapped now and one of those guys gets the call up. All depends on whether Holloway really is done at FW now in which case he gets stripped and the belt will still be on the line.

May never see Holloway fight at FW again. Especially seeing as the weight cut to LW became too hard for the Khabib fight aswell.

Hope he's OK.

Does not sound too good at all though. It would be an absolute tragedy if he had to retire early. Im hoping its nothing that sinister but we seem to be learning more and more that concussions and head injuries need to be taken more seriously. Maybe im over reacting mentioning retirement but when I heard concussion symptoms it definitely raised alarm bells.

I don't think you are, cant imagine his camp would have been rough enough to force a delayed concussion, and having not fought for around 6 months it's a bit concerning.

Hopefully not too serious.

Remove this Banner Ad

MMA-UFC UFC 226 - Stipe v Corimer The Superfight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back