MMA-UFC UFC 226 - Stipe v Corimer The Superfight

Remove this Banner Ad

So max has missed 3 fights now and aldo was notorious for pulling out. Missed 7 or 8 times?

Also I’m calling bullshit on pure concussion, it’s weight related.

Value your opinion mate, what gives you the impression it's weight?

Value your opinion mate, what gives you the impression it's weight?

Post concussion symptoms now? Doubt he’s still be sparring in any way to cause concussion symptoms, plus having seen some dudes cut it messes up your head anyway. I don’t doubt it’s head related but it’s almost certainly caused by him needing 4 weeks of phased weight cutting. Plus we know he struggles weight wise. It just doesn’t add up to me. FWIW I’m not criticizing it at all, if he’s not right (especially head trauma wise) he absolutely should not fight also not saying it’s purely weight related (as in he just can’t make weight) but I seriously doubt it’s just purely concussion.

So max has missed 3 fights now and aldo was notorious for pulling out. Missed 7 or 8 times?

Not sure. Could have been a delayed concussion of some sort. I know they said it was before his weight cut but dehydration does increase risk of concussion. Could have been a combination of issues.

Also I would have thought it would have been a bit early in the cut to pull out because it's not going to plan.. I'm prepared to believe his camp.

EDIT: Just saw your reply and largely agree.

Not sure. Could have been a delayed concussion of some sort. I know they said it was before his weight cut but dehydration does increase risk of concussion. Could have been a combination of issues.

Also I would have thought it would have been a bit early in the cut to pull out because it's not going to plan.. I'm prepared to believe his camp.

No I’m more or less saying that. It’s not purely concussion, the weight cut contributes, also not criticizing, right call made

Yeah I reckon you are on to something.

****ing spewing about this!

I remember reading during he cut and lowered food your more susceptible to KOs and concussions (less fluid around the brain) not sure how much science there is in that.

In short his “cut” would have started weeks ago so it’s possible he was still doing some hard sparring at the start of his cut, having said that it shouldn’t be his water cut.

I’m pretty scepticle but always better err on the side of caution, I actually hope Ortega doesn’t take a replacement opponent

I believe the concussion issue but curious as to where the source of the symptoms came from.

Couldn't have been from Aldo??? :huh:

Who knows. He's fought a murderer's row to get to the title and has taken big shots from the majority of them. I guess it could be an accumulation of shots over several years or it could have been something from this most recent camp. Regardless, for his health I'm glad the fights been called. It sucks that we don't get to see it, but I'd much prefer to see Max come back at 100% in 6 or 12 months time than potentially get hurt in a fight he shouldn't have been in.

I actually hope Ortega doesn’t take a replacement opponent

Ironic (not your post, the situation) that he's missing out on a title shot when he got his via Frankie in the same circumstances.

Just when it seemed Holloway was bringing some stability to the division, handful of late withdraws in recent history. Such a shitshow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t see Holloway Ortega being rebooked as I don’t see Max now fit for the division.

Leaves the division in a hole if is the case, as Ortega just beat the next best contender.

Hopefully Max is fine to fight at 145 one last time but I doubt it.

Jesus. DC trips as he goes to walk off stage after presser. Limps away. Could have been very bad.

Also LOL

Weight cut is just too much for him now I think...Bloke is literally taking years off his life everytime he fights at that weight
your probably right but this is the first time he has missed due to the weight cut. If the weight cut is the problem

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

MMA-UFC UFC 226 - Stipe v Corimer The Superfight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back