MMA-UFC UFC 284 - Makhachev v Volkanovski

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard the early prelims start at 6:30am Perth time.
Bloody hell. Knowing my son he will want to be there for all of it as well.

Hopefully they find Rob a fight then. Will suck if he is off the card.

The UFC will either come to terms with Costa, or they'll find a replacement for Rob to fight IMO.

There's plenty of water to go under the bridge still, i'm confident we'll get a good outcome.
7 weeks out, just after Christmas on the opposite side of the world to most fighters............

There isn't much time at all

Although I see Cannonier has put his hand up so who knows

Ok. after seeing a bit more of the news and opinions.. I don't think it'll happen.

1671522161621.png

Now i'm dirty that the UFC completely sold out the venue on false pretenses. I get that there's always an asterisk on every card to say that the lineup's subject to change without notice - but selling a venue out on the pretense of the announced bouts at the time - they weren't even officially agreed to.

That's some bullshit.

If Whittaker does not appear on this card with a decent fight UFC will lose fans in Australia.
I doubt it. The UFC has put on some shitty cards in Australia and the fans still sell out the arenas. Its because they are here every 2nd or 3rd year. Even if Whittaker is no longer on the card, there is still two title fights and the main event is so good, a bit of a dream match.

Can Volk defy the odds and become a two division champ.

I doubt it. The UFC has put on some shitty cards in Australia and the fans still sell out the arenas.
They probably got away from it in the past because it was kind of new here but I think now, some will say screw handing money if you not going to put on type of cards we expect. Clearly some people will always go but some fans will no longer invest in it. I for one will certainly not if I think it below par card to what I expect.

Huge blow for the card obviously, but Volk is currently plenty for any card in Australia. Any added locals are just a bonus.

It's a bigger blow for the division though. Whittaker needs to keep his momentum going with a big name, and it was a chance for Costa to really get back in contention. It sucks for everyone, but good on Costa for sticking to his guns. Rob is regularly making sly comments about fighter pay but it takes big names with big fan bases to really make an impact. It's an absolute joke what some of these guys get paid, and they fact nothing has changed since the $10 billion buyout, so we need to see more of it.

Also, crazy to call Costa scared. The dude not only stood in front of Yoel Romero, he ran head first into him.

Seriously in the last 3 years Costa has won 1 of his last 3 fights (against a retiring Rockhold) and turned up missing weight by 20 odd pounds in one of them.

Does that really read of someone who needs a new contract?

Seriously in the last 3 years Costa has won 1 of his last 3 fights (against a retiring Rockhold) and turned up missing weight by 20 odd pounds in one of them.

These things happen when you're fighting the best guys in the world. He's currently #6 in the rankings with a 6-2 record overall and is coming off one of the fights of the year. Yeah, I'd say he needs a new contract.

These things happen when you're fighting the best guys in the world. He's currently #6 in the rankings with a 6-2 record overall and is coming off one of the fights of the year. Yeah, I'd say he needs a new contract.
2 fights ago he didn't even try to make weight. That would be very fresh in my mind if I was the UFC

He's turned himself into one of the best personalities out of the ring and always puts on a great show. From what I've read, the UFC are willing to pay him more but lock him into another 6 fight deal which he doesn't want.

A 70/70 deal is shocking for someone who has been top 5 for years and has to fight Whittaker. He's not going to win and after a 3 month camp other costs/taxes he will be getting **** all.

The biggest issue in this is the UFC being scumbags as usual and announcing/advertising a fight that isn't even signed. It's screwed whittaker and all the fans who have bought tickets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whittaker has been promoting a bit from what I saw in the lead up prior to this. You would hope he would still be pushing for a fight.

He's confirmed he's not fighting, and he's looking to get something scheduled in the first half of next year. Makes sense - nobody else really deserving in the top 10, other than Cannonier who he just fought.

Im pissed with the Rob/Costa situation. Plenty of time for Rob to get an opponent, Dolidze, that duplesis, or a small LHW/big WW will do. Heaps of people travel to see the fights that were advertised when tickets went on sale. Shamelessly scrapping one sucks, especially when there's time to replace...

70k show for Costa is pretty shit too but MMA agents are the worst in any sport.

Any word anywhere on local start time for everything or is that usually done closer to the event (noting we are only about 4 weeks away)? Also sorry for the noob questions, but stuff like Weigh Ins etc are they ticketed things?

What do you think?
How many rounds will Volkanovski last,
More than Oliveiras 2nd round ?

I think he will make it into the 3rd before Islam submits Volka

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

I think Volk at least gets into the third and impresses/surprises many on the way there. I do think Islam will eventually overwhelm him but it should be competitive enough while it lasts.

Is there a bigger dick rider than DC with anything remotely related to Khabib?

Bigger upset than Serra v GSP or Pena v Nunes?

Eat a dick DC
c28c28060c20829d9d7201dadbee3589.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Is there a bigger dick rider than DC with anything remotely related to Khabib?

Bigger upset than Serra v GSP or Pena v Nunes?

Eat a dick DC
c28c28060c20829d9d7201dadbee3589.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
I cant stand DC but i dont give Volk much chance here tbh. If he had more punch power, maybe. Islam will soon walk through shots and manhandle him... hope im wrong though!

Remove this Banner Ad

MMA-UFC UFC 284 - Makhachev v Volkanovski

Remove this Banner Ad

Back