MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

Rewatched Aldo v Stephens man I still think Stephens was controlling the wrist and giving up his back so he could get to his knees then feet. Aldo may have still won got the stoppage, but at the point Yves Lavigne stopped the fight Stephens was coherent and trying to get back to his feet. In this situation controlling the wrist is a form of defense IMO.

Still happy for Aldo after the last couple of years it's good to see him get a big win.

What I really wanted to say was that Dustin P always impressed me technique and skill wise in his disciplines and his track record is very good. But is he a fighters fighter and mongrel enough to win a title. One shot and rock the bear or Connor I reckon Dustin would be in real quick to finish. I’m a big fan and I hope he achieves it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agreed, always been a big fan of the Diamond. Felt like he was hard done by and not given the recognition he deserved around the time he moved up, but Connor's a vortex - he steals people's thunder, that's just how it is no matter who you are - Dustin's beginning to get his name back up in lights again now which is good to see.

Agreed, always been a big fan of the Diamond. Felt like he was hard done by and not given the recognition he deserved around the time he moved up, but Connor's a vortex - he steals people's thunder, that's just how it is no matter who you are - Dustin's beginning to get his name back up in lights again now which is good to see.

It shows how good McGregor actually is as well. People still seem to underrate him.

Dustin, Holloway, Mendes, Aldo, Diaz, Alvarez. Nice list ...

It shows how good McGregor actually is as well. People still seem to underrate him.

Dustin, Holloway, Mendes, Aldo, Diaz, Alvarez. Nice list ...

Or maybe he got Holloway and Poirer at the right time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holloway was far from the fighter he is now, but Poirier was a legit win. Mendes coming off the couch is usually the other fight people will point out.
It sort of points to how great he is, that people will discredit the skills of a young Holloway (Mcgregors 2nd fight in the UFC and he was only 25) and say Mendes wasn't at his best to try and say McGregor isn't that good.

but they brush over what he did to Aldo (top 5 p4p with ease) and Alvarez... Eddie ****ing Alvarez in his prime.

It sort of points to how great he is, that people will discredit the skills of a young Holloway (Mcgregors 2nd fight in the UFC and he was only 25) and say Mendes wasn't at his best to try and say McGregor isn't that good.

but they brush over what he did to Aldo (top 5 p4p with ease) and Alvarez... Eddie ******* Alvarez in his prime.
I’d personally like to have seen an Aldo rematch 3-4 months later. One punch ko doesn’t mean shit, Aldo was packing heat on his hit as well, if he connected first then who knows what would have happened.

I’d personally like to have seen an Aldo rematch 3-4 months later. One punch ko doesn’t mean shit, Aldo was packing heat on his hit as well, if he connected first then who knows what would have happened.
so would have I and I think Aldo deserved it.

but seriously, one punch doesn't mean shit? Conor knocked out the best FW of all time. A pound for pound great. In 13 seconds...

I don't get why people play that down. The timing and precision required was incredible.

200.gif

so would have I and I think Aldo deserved it.

but seriously, one punch doesn't mean shit? Conor knocked out the best FW of all time. A pound for pound great. In 13 seconds...

I don't get why people play that down. The timing and precision required was incredible.

200.gif
To get knocked out with the first punch of a fight basically is typically put as a ‘fluke’. Hitting that sweet spot. There’s been cases where similar happens and the rematch they get absolutely torn apart. I just wanted to see the rematch, never going to happen now though.

To get knocked out with the first punch of a fight basically is typically put as a ‘fluke’. Hitting that sweet spot. There’s been cases where similar happens and the rematch they get absolutely torn apart. I just wanted to see the rematch, never going to happen now though.
it wasn't the first punch.. it was the 6th strike thrown and there was also a bunch of faints as well; mostly from Aldo.

if that's the case, what the cut off for it not being a 'fluke'? 10 strikes? 20?

Anyone watching the prelims?

Sandhagen/Alcantara first round was amazing.
I have no idea how he didn't tap, but even more surprised Alcantara couldn't secure the sub.

good fight and good car so far. That Kruse and Alves fight was fun

Remove this Banner Ad

MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

Back