Con 131
LD 61
Ref 13
SNP 10
PC 4
Grn 2

An absolute slaughter predicted
Was always going to be.

Has happened everywhere a party has decided they can bypass the voters and choose who leads them.

The same will happen to the Dems in the US if they decide to oust Biden.

Tories were always doomed after the Truss debacle.

Will just be interesting how Labour use this majority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That smug, upperclass bastard Rees-Mogg to lose his seat? How sweet that will be

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I heard him on the radio earlier. He sounds like a right flog.

Swindon South is a gain for Labour.
LAB 4 everyone else 0

Several high-profile Tories, including the prime minister Rishi Sunak, are forecast to lose their seats based on those exit poll results.

• Jeremy Hunt is on track to be the first Chancellor in modern history to lose his seat, with predictions it could go to the Lib Dems.
  • The UK's shortest-serving prime minister, Liz Truss, who famously only lasted 50 days in office, is expected to go down too.
  • Rishi Sunak, who took over from Ms Truss, would be nervous, as one of 13 candidates in one of the most contested seats in the country.
  • Minister of State for Northern Ireland Steve Baker also appears set to lose his seat
  • There are also question marks hanging over high-profile MPs Jacob Rees-Mogg and Penny Mordaunt, who are also considered in danger of losing their seats.
If Sunak is defeated, he would be the first sitting leader of the country to lose his seat.

In fact, three-quarters of the Cabinet could be on course to be kicked out of the House of Commons, if the results of that exit poll materialise.

hoping.jpg

If I where the British Greens I'd be looking forward to this term. The right wing vote has splintered in a way that the left over there never has and I suspect there will be a lot of disillusioned left wing voters to be hoovered up over the next five years.

Was always going to be.

Has happened everywhere a party has decided they can bypass the voters and choose who leads them.

The same will happen to the Dems in the US if they decide to oust Biden.

Tories were always doomed after the Truss debacle.

Will just be interesting how Labour use this majority.

Didn’t happen in Australia to either Labor or Libs with their leadership changes, no wipe out occurred.

Scomo won in 2019 too.

I think Uk different set of circumstances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back