Roast Umpires rigging the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol what an absolute joke of a thread! I knew that geelong supporters were dumb, but jesus christ, this is a new level of stupiditiy! You actually are that incapable of seeing your team for what it is- washed up and overhyped, that you invent some conspiracy, to hide this realtiy? Are you really that intellectually weak? This is why your team has done nothing since 2011! Still living in the glory days and full of excuses! Everytime geelong lose, it’s not because the opposition was better, but rather because they were unlucky or because of the umpires! Did you ever consider that melbourne were ******* better? You also cite the selwood free kick as the key turning point in the game, but fail to mention that Lewis CLEARLY TOUCHED THE BALL, before Porkins was paid the mark. So if anything the umpire was just correcting the previous mistake. But hey don’t let the truth stand in the way of a good story!

Pathetic mind boggling stupidity is this comment. Care to explain your moronic conspiracy theory that afl is rigged?! Are you honestly that blinded by your arrogance, ignorance and stupidity that you can't accept Geelong aren’t that good? What proof do u have that AFL is rigged? Do you honestly believe that the afl hold meetings that the players and coaches are not aware of, and pay the umpires to rig games, even though you guys both had the same number of free kicks? Christ u are dumb! When were these meetings held? How did the afl instruct the umpires to rig the game? How do the players and coaches not know this? Imagine if u were a professional footballer? You would be furious if this happened! Yet NOT ONE ******* PLAYER SUSPECTS THIS! Just a jealous simpleton who hides behind a keyboard! Do u also believe the earth is flat? ruddy moron
Good heavens. Are you the fan with cheeseboard. Hope that there is some snow left in two weeks.

The earth is flat, man didn’t land on the moon, 9/11 was a stitch up and the Libs will win the next election.

Whoever agrees with the premise of this thread probably lists The Bachelor, The Block and My Kitchen Rules as must watch TV.

What stood out most to me was how inconsistent the free kicks were, and how some paid against us Friday night were hardly (if ever) paid all season. Most of the discussion has been about Selwood and that free kick, although there were a couple that stood out for me.

I was most angry when Dangerfield was competing one-on-one for a mark, used his body and strength to take the mark, and had a push paid against him. When has a player not been allowed to use their sheer body size and strength to outmark an opponent? Another that stood out was a lousy free kick payed close to goal in favour of Melbourne for a block. Players fly for the ball, one falls forward because of the force of the pack flying from behind and he gets a free kick.

While as a stereotypical AFL fan I always think decisions should go our way, I think everyone can agree we had a few that turned the game away from us and in Melbourne's favour

What stood out most to me was how inconsistent the free kicks were, and how some paid against us Friday night were hardly (if ever) paid all season. Most of the discussion has been about Selwood and that free kick, although there were a couple that stood out for me.

I was most angry when Dangerfield was competing one-on-one for a mark, used his body and strength to take the mark, and had a push paid against him. When has a player not been allowed to use their sheer body size and strength to outmark an opponent? Another that stood out was a lousy free kick payed close to goal in favour of Melbourne for a block. Players fly for the ball, one falls forward because of the force of the pack flying from behind and he gets a free kick.

While as a stereotypical AFL fan I always think decisions should go our way, I think everyone can agree we had a few that turned the game away from us and in Melbourne's favour
Agree with the Danger mark, but the block was there.

Lol what an absolute joke of a thread! I knew that geelong supporters were dumb, but jesus christ, this is a new level of stupiditiy! You actually are that incapable of seeing your team for what it is- washed up and overhyped, that you invent some conspiracy, to hide this realtiy? Are you really that intellectually weak? This is why your team has done nothing since 2011! Still living in the glory days and full of excuses! Everytime geelong lose, it’s not because the opposition was better, but rather because they were unlucky or because of the umpires! Did you ever consider that melbourne were ******* better? You also cite the selwood free kick as the key turning point in the game, but fail to mention that Lewis CLEARLY TOUCHED THE BALL, before Porkins was paid the mark. So if anything the umpire was just correcting the previous mistake. But hey don’t let the truth stand in the way of a good story!

Pathetic mind boggling stupidity is this comment. Care to explain your moronic conspiracy theory that afl is rigged?! Are you honestly that blinded by your arrogance, ignorance and stupidity that you can't accept Geelong aren’t that good? What proof do u have that AFL is rigged? Do you honestly believe that the afl hold meetings that the players and coaches are not aware of, and pay the umpires to rig games, even though you guys both had the same number of free kicks? Christ u are dumb! When were these meetings held? How did the afl instruct the umpires to rig the game? How do the players and coaches not know this? Imagine if u were a professional footballer? You would be furious if this happened! Yet NOT ONE ******* PLAYER SUSPECTS THIS! Just a jealous simpleton who hides behind a keyboard! Do u also believe the earth is flat? ruddy moron
And fat women are beautiful, and short people are normal, and America has never done anything remotely wrong in wars and Gen Y’s are amazing it’s just the fault of us leaders they don’t have motivation...

I’ve run out of popular cliches in a few lines. Credit to you for being able to dribble it for way longer.

Dribble skills only though, Geelong were cheated all night. Fact I hate Geelong and I watched the game and that’s what happened.

The summary of it all is bold and clear.

An emergency umpire that no one still even knows whether they have the right to pay a free, pays a 90m penalty whilst Hawkins is lining up for goal. For what! For a Melbourne player running off the bench straight at Selwood and having Selwood try and push him away.

GTFO! I’m over this shit. They are cheats and for some reason saying it makes you open for a bashing. BS they are cheats!

The summary of it all is bold and clear.

An emergency umpire that no one still even knows whether they have the right to pay a free, pays a 90m penalty whilst Hawkins is lining up for goal. For what! For a Melbourne player running off the bench straight at Selwood and having Selwood try and push him away.

GTFO! I’m over this shit. They are cheats and for some reason saying it makes you open for a bashing. BS they are cheats!
As Bill Shorten said to Scott Morrison yesterday.....”Why are you here?”

When has a player not been allowed to use their sheer body size and strength to outmark an opponent?

99% of the time Hawkins out-bodies someone in a 1v1 contest?

The earth is flat, man didn’t land on the moon, 9/11 was a stitch up and the Libs will win the next election.

Whoever agrees with the premise of this thread probably lists The Bachelor, The Block and My Kitchen Rules as must watch TV.
In a basketball match between Australia and New Zealand (Im going back several decades), I overheard the lead ref say to to his fellow ref: "There is no way those Kiwi buggers are going to win tonight!", and the both of them ref'd accordingly, and that's the way it turned out.

Money: The Indian cricket team threaten to leave over the "Monkeygate" allegations. Andrew Symonds is hung out to dry. The ex Judge hands down a verdict that is so biased its a joke. Yes, big sport/big money can fix it.

AFL and "the Narrative". We didn't need it, but the umps give us a dream ride in 2007. 44 Year Draught! Remember the story? The Bulldogs 2016, with their "Let 'em throw it." year. And don't get me started on Stevic and Hawthorn. Lets just say it hit its peak here:

You "There was no collusion" ppl make me sick to my stomach! :p

99% of the time Hawkins out-bodies someone in a 1v1 contest?

And he always has free kicks paid against him. It's well known how singled out he is by the AFL (jumper punch, umpire touch)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpires had a stinker and Melb got the rub of the green but they were also the better team on the night -time to move on
Yeah I suppose Hawkins will have to move on from the bias he gets

On the plus side at least the whole team knows how that feels now

I love how the people who call it out are treated like conspiracy theorist

AFL and "the Narrative". We didn't need it, but the umps give us a dream ride in 2007. 44 Year Draught! Remember the story? The Bulldogs 2016, with their "Let 'em throw it." year. And don't get me started on Stevic and Hawthorn. Lets just say it hit its peak here:

You "There was no collusion" ppl make me sick to my stomach! :p
Mmmm. 44 years of beer. That's how I remember it too!

I don’t think anyone is arguiribg that

The main point is that there seems to be a clear bias from the umpires
Simply to write off such concerns as to say the better team won is to ignore the actual argument
Head in the sand stuff
I said Melb got the rub of the green, and in earlier posts in other threads I have mentioned AFL predilection (with all that implies) for fairy tales.
That aint head in the sand.
Sadly there is such ambiguity in the rules of our game that it is impossible to substantiate such allegations.
In the end I was comfortable that the umpiring, whether biassed or not, on this occasion did not cost us the game.

Has anyone seen footage of what led up to Selwood giving away that free? Not often a 2 on 1 no where near the play results in a free against the 1, and from an umpire not even on the ground
Last 5 or so seconds, but they don't show the whole thing, just Selwoods retaliation, so I guess we'll never know. Hmm :think:

I don’t think anyone is arguiribg that

The main point is that there seems to be a clear bias from the umpires

Simply to write off such concerns as to say the better team won is to ignore the actual argument

Head in the sand stuff

Exactly my point from the opening post onwards.

Last 5 or so seconds, but they don't show the whole thing, just Selwoods retaliation, so I guess we'll never know. Hmm :think:

They refuse to show anything earlier - question is why won't they show anything earlier because they have like a dozen odd cameras focused on the ground so surely there is footage of what actually occurred or if it was made public will it make the call look even more shit because it would mean having to acknowledge they punished the retaliator & not the instigator?

Umpires had a stinker and Melb got the rub of the green but they were also the better team on the night -time to move on
Looked at the replay last night. It was more even than I remembered. Watching live I was livid at our mistakes. But after the 1st quarter, we were the bewtter side, but we didn't get the breaks, and the occasional missed sitter. But Melbourne was doing that too. Our backline was great. Abbott was good, and stopped Gawn from having a real day out. Beaten, but Abbott played well. Our intensity was good. The umps were not our friends for most of the night.

Second look at the Selwood incident, and that was an outrageous decision by the umpire with no consideration to what was going on, as its not as if it was a case of him only seeing the retaliation. Gee, how many times have we seen a player get pushed over after stirring the pot and the ump almost admonishes him with "don't poke the bear and it won't happen. you ain't getting a free for argy bargy". We were lucky a couple of times (a throw, and dropping the ball twice were missed), but overall we lost out on an obvious HTB within 30 metres of goal 3 times.

We do look better second time around. Skills are what kills us. It was close enough that had we got a run on, they could have folded.

They refuse to show anything earlier - question is why won't they show anything earlier because they have like a dozen odd cameras focused on the ground so surely there is footage of what actually occurred or if it was made public will it make the call look even more shit because it would mean having to acknowledge they punished the retaliator & not the instigator?
It's not an accident. The report on SJ when he kneed Jones in the head. Looked terrible. But he didn't knee him in the head as much as it looked like it. Jones gets up immediately with a big grin on his face. But they don't show that part. The worst looking bit is shown over and over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Umpires rigging the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back