Umpiring [vs Eagles Mega Thread]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't see anyone crying when we got all the free kicks vs Port. Don't be a bunch of pussies.

We copped what we deserved for letting them back in the game and bringing the crowd back into it. Ask Brad why he brought in two guys who could barely run (Grima and Swallow). Ask Spud why he got outbodied by a peanut like Hill. Ask Petrie why he can't kick a regulation goal when the pressure is on late in a game. Ask Fumbles (Adams) what he has done to get a game of footy. Why do we continue to allow Atley to play soft roles down back, especially on a wide ground like Subi.

I am not very happy with our coach.
there was no diving or ducking in the last 5 minutes against Port. Cunners was boss that day.
Unfortunately context is everything and really what good is all the talk anyway, but compared to our last performance against the weagles and the way we started you cannot begrudge us on that performance. Not everything can go right and not everyone will have their day but we are doing a lot more right than wrong. My issue is from here on in whether we click or not. Important 2 weeks coming up.

I am 46 and nearly teared up but couldn't because I didn't believe what had happened. Shaking with rage was I.

If it helps, I was an impartial and I almost broke stuff. I even knew the Eagles/Subi/Umpires/Shaun Tait/Hansie Cronje consortium would come into play, but it still pissed me off.

In a tight battle for the 8, I feel for you guys tonight.

Brad Scott handled himself well though, and I'm a firm believer that you guys have one of the best captains in the AFL.

Yep. after the petrie miss I knew something bad was going to happen. It's hard sitting in the West Coast members when they give a bronx cheer after a free-kick as though they haven't had one for a while. You could see the Nat mark coming a mile away. I was just praying to Carey he was going to spill it! Then again if he did I'm sure something else would have screwed us.

I can see where your coming from and its a shame but slowly you have 2 weights and one is the love of North and the other is the hate of the game.
Slowly slowly, year by year, the weight of the love for North is being diminished by the hate of the game and most if not all of Aussie Rules followers have hit parity. Somethings gotta give and for supporters of all clubs a limits been reached.
The game is becomming more of a product week by week. Its all about betting and dreamteam and stats. Winning and goals and tackles arent the most important thing anymore to those who run the game when it should be. And its because winning and goals and tackles are being influenced by rules, foreign to me you and every other joe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even a mate of mine, who works for the Dockers, could see it coming.
He texted me at 3-4 time. "Hope the umps don't kill North when the crowd gets involved".
Then midway through last: "You can just tell they are going to influence the game."
And finally: "Oh my god, Selwood free kick a disgrace."

You could although I hoped the cheer that went up around the ground for us would nullify the pressure the umps were under - sadly not. I hope they get there for you soon Scotty.

Yep, I must have woken up half the street with the max-volume, guttural F*****************************K i let out when Natanui marked. How my 3 kids didn't make up is beyond me.

I was actually shocked how few free kicks were paid in the 1st half, but those green c**** sure lost their shit in the last 1/4.

In light of how the game finished it's been a bit lost in the wash but i still think in isolation, the Scotty Thompson non-free kick along the near wing where he was held on 3 or 4 separate occasions takes the cake tonight. The explanation from the umpire that followed defied belief. "Nah i thought it was in the contest". You mean the contest Scotty couldn't reach for 5 ******* seconds because he was held????????? Atrocious umpiring.

You could although I hoped the cheer that went up around the ground for us would nullify the pressure the umps were under - sadly not. I hope they get there for you soon Scotty.
I've f***ing given up. Haven't seen them beat the Wiggles here in 10 years, was away for Boomer's 300th. And successive losses to Wiggles by under a goal.
F*** living in Perth!

Thompson was held all night the one in the 2nd quarter was a free kick on 3 occassions. The one they paid against him on the wing was a disgrace as well, he had front possie and both players were holding onto eachother.

Yep, I must have woken up half the street with the max-volume, guttural F*****************************K i let out when Natanui marked. How my 3 kids didn't make up is beyond me.

I was actually shocked how few free kicks were paid in the 1st half, but those green c**** sure lost their shit in the last 1/4.

In light of how the game finished it's been a bit lost in the wash but i still think in isolation, the Scotty Thompson non-free kick along the near wing where he was held on 3 or 4 separate occasions takes the cake tonight. The explanation from the umpire that followed defied belief. "Nah i thought it was in the contest". You mean the contest Scotty couldn't reach for 5 ******* seconds because he was held????????? Atrocious umpiring.

Yep. Could have given Thompson 3-4 different free kicks in that little passage of play.

I remember that, and I was baffled. Blatant holding the man, and the umpire just says that. As we know now, that was just a taste for things to come.

That was a farcical non-decision. IT couldn't have been more blatant.

VERY sad, but that is the way i feel too. All i want is a fair contest and the best team wins on the day. Unfortunately that doesnt happen all the time. Afl and their umps can go and get stuffed.

Yep. after the petrie miss I knew something bad was going to happen. It's hard sitting in the West Coast members when they give a bronx cheer after a free-kick as though they haven't had one for a while. You could see the Nat mark coming a mile away. I was just praying to Carey he was going to spill it! Then again if he did I'm sure something else would have screwed us.
Poor fella but why do you sit near these ****faces ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back