Umpiring [vs Eagles Mega Thread]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor fella but why do you sit near these ****faces ?

3 family members are West Coast supporters with bloody good seats. Plus I love giving it to the section when West Coast are losing...unfortunately I haven't had much luck lately. Although when we come here next time and win I'll be giving it to them non-stop, to the point where I'll probably wake up 3 weeks later from a coma...It'd be worth it though!!

Brad should have just let rip. I'm sure there are plenty on here that would have been happy to chip in for the fine. Priddis scragging Thompson 2 metres of the ball, the Black mark ruled touched and the Basti Advantage calls are laughable at best. I'm just waiting for the Geish to say they were correct decisions!

Belangelo or Wolf Creek?
tumblr_ltkji8fpgW1qa8vpro1_r1_500.gif

there was no diving or ducking in the last 5 minutes against Port. Cunners was boss that day.
Unfortunately context is everything and really what good is all the talk anyway, but compared to our last performance against the weagles and the way we started you cannot begrudge us on that performance. Not everything can go right and not everyone will have their day but we are doing a lot more right than wrong. My issue is from here on in whether we click or not. Important 2 weeks coming up.

All I ask is our boys have a dip and they had a dip. Outside of the Swans quarter from hell, i have been really happy with the boys.

Last year we were only about 25% of a contender, we are about 50% now. We need to get to 75% next year, we have too many guys who consistently let us down when the going gets tough and I don't think a lot is going to change unless Ziebell and Cunnington become superstars because we were carrying a number of players who didn't have great games, just can't do that if you want to be a contender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only been following North for two seasons but my general interest/infatuation with the game means I'll watch at least 4 or 5 games a weekend plus every North game. Also, I'm not one to knock the Umpires as it's a tough job but today they were reprehensible. What's more it spoiled the game completely and all through 4/4 I just knew it would be umpiring decisions that would decide it. I am absolutely gutted and still pretty angry.

Yeah these thoughts ran through my head as well, i just felt emotionally spent after that.
I can only imagine how the players must feel!

I understand the frustration, but while North stands ill stand with them. You dont penalize the AFL you hurt your own team!

The kick lobbed in slow motion to the top of the square, everyone south of the equator knew where it was going.
It was delivered on a platter for a defensive hammerfist that never came.

It'll feel better in the morning (I hope).

It's not a new feeling. It's been brewing for a while.

See this post from earlier this week

Sitting here today, in the middle of the AFL season, and all I can think about is "boy I cannot wait for the NFL season to get here".

There's something about the AFL this season that is just failing to entertain me like it usually does. Maybe the game is getting softer, or maybe it's just the fact that I don't think any teams are playing consistently good football...

Mods, please merge with any of the existing threads reflecting on the umpires.

No. Bigfooty doesn't work on a 'pay per thread' basis. A couple of threads talking about different aspects of a similar issue is fine.

Will always watch North games until my last breath but can't watch other games anymore. Half the decisions look like they can be decided with a flip of the coin. No consistency whatsoever. As a youngster I was always told to get in there and win the ball...now you can't even do that with the bogus below the knee call.

You guys were screwed.

I have never been so angry watching a non Freo game as tonights game. Cheating pr**ks.

Absolute cowardice to avoid trying to break the tackle fairly and instead dive into the tackle for a free kick. No other word for it - they are a bunch of cowards.

Summed it up nicely.

Feel for you North supporters. Robbed by those cheating scumbags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back