U19 Under 19 Premier

Remove this Banner Ad

hmmmm they did end up being thrashed but looking at quarter by quarter breakdowns were only down by 3 goals at every break until the last qtr?!

hmmmm scotch like ive said are pretenders and do not and will not have a spot in finals.... and blacks versus XAVS i hear 10 minutes to go Xavs were 4 goals up and blacks just managed to get over the line....how can blacks push the competition benchmark nearly all the way and then stumble over the line against XAVS???

Final 4
Bedes
De La
Blacks
Marcellin

Xavs finals chances are very slim now as they have fallen behind the pack along with Scoth despite there solid start to the season will fall behind with more losses in the second half of the season!

Thoughts???

Yours with love
Mister X

Thoughts are firstly u have shclues (at least in this case). Xavier got off to a good start, interesting theory but they played absolutely shit teams aka Rupertswood and Bernards and Skevs (which they lost too), and didnt actually win that many games in the first place. If u judged them on potential, they actually got off to a really poor start. As for saying Blacks can't be that good if they lost to Xavier. Xavier should have won and had a 5 minute mental breakdown. Against scotch they lost by about 6 points or some shit and could have gone either way, and the skevs loss was a joke because everyone knows Skevs are just shit in general. The same thing with scotch and blacks happened with Marcellin, that game could have gone either way and Xavs barely lost playing a shit game. I wouldnt be selling Xavier too short because if they kicked collectively about 4 more goals throughout their games they would be in the top 4 comfortably.

Thoughts are firstly u have shclues (at least in this case). Xavier got off to a good start, interesting theory but they played absolutely shit teams aka Rupertswood and Bernards and Skevs (which they lost too), and didnt actually win that many games in the first place. If u judged them on potential, they actually got off to a really poor start. As for saying Blacks can't be that good if they lost to Xavier. Xavier should have won and had a 5 minute mental breakdown. Against scotch they lost by about 6 points or some shit and could have gone either way, and the skevs loss was a joke because everyone knows Skevs are just shit in general. The same thing with scotch and blacks happened with Marcellin, that game could have gone either way and Xavs barely lost playing a shit game. I wouldnt be selling Xavier too short because if they kicked collectively about 4 more goals throughout their games they would be in the top 4 comfortably.

sorry mate but this isn't the Xavier are shit and in denial thread, just accept that they don't have the list this year to compete with the top sides and move on

Bedes absolutely flogged Scotch on the weekend, 37 scoring shots to 20 tells that story.

Blacks came from behind to beat Xavs, another character building performance from the uni boys, they will have a big influence on finals football.

Blues showed St Kevins to the tune of 5 goals that they're not the 2nd worse team in the competition, perhaps a start of a mini-revival for the Blues.

Bernards were smashed by Rupertswood, it's inevitable that they will be demoted next year. Unlucky, because last year they were a decent side.

Marcellin were never in it against De La, being down all day, having 20 less scoring shots, the scoreboard flattered them.

I can inform you all that Daniel Parisi (Old Scotch) is the only player playing in U19 divisions that will represent the VAFA in Queensland this week. Goodluck to all players in that game, and hopefully for the first time in a few years, the Victorians can beat the Queenslanders.

how did you find out Daniel Parisi is the player picked? when did the team get announced? it has not appeared on the VAFA website as yet.

i saw bits of both the St. Bedes vs Scotch and also the Marcellin vs De La game on Saturday and both were very one sided.

St. Bedes showed polish and class, and came to play in a big game. Scotch definately were undermanned, with 6 players who would start in their best 18 out including their number 1 ruckman, rover, Parisi on the wing and a couple of key defenders. St. bedes showed an intensity level that was extremely high, and Scotch could not keep it up for the whole game, unlike St. Bedes, who were at the same level all day. Are they 70 points better? probably not, but Scotch do need to do some work to match them next time.

Marcellin were never in the hunt against De La. Salvatore, Kovarik, De Luca and Bonnadio are top line players, and Marcellin really struggled all day. Their only saving grace was the bad kicking by De La that kept the margin somewhat flattering. Marcellin are yet to beat the top 3, and that probably tells the tale of their year. Missing their best player, Appolini also wont help their cause later on in the season.

how did you find out Daniel Parisi is the player picked? when did the team get announced? it has not appeared on the VAFA website as yet.

i saw bits of both the St. Bedes vs Scotch and also the Marcellin vs De La game on Saturday and both were very one sided.

St. Bedes showed polish and class, and came to play in a big game. Scotch definately were undermanned, with 6 players who would start in their best 18 out including their number 1 ruckman, rover, Parisi on the wing and a couple of key defenders. St. bedes showed an intensity level that was extremely high, and Scotch could not keep it up for the whole game, unlike St. Bedes, who were at the same level all day. Are they 70 points better? probably not, but Scotch do need to do some work to match them next time.

Marcellin were never in the hunt against De La. Salvatore, Kovarik, De Luca and Bonnadio are top line players, and Marcellin really struggled all day. Their only saving grace was the bad kicking by De La that kept the margin somewhat flattering. Marcellin are yet to beat the top 3, and that probably tells the tale of their year. Missing their best player, Appolini also wont help their cause later on in the season.

De La were definitly a classs above with shocking kicking keeping Marcellin in the contest

As i said earlier on in this peice... i went down to Waverley Oval on Saturday(just quietly... the worst ground in the comp.) to watch match of the round #2(aside from xavs & blacks) Kovarik?? Top Line players... only had 2 goals up until 15 mins into the last 1/4 then kicked 2 junk time goals, when his side were rampaging... Kovairk - Player Assesment.. Does not Chase and Stands in the goal square all day... Very un-accountable!!! Marcellin did not struggle all day.. 13points down late in the 3rd 1/4....but blew out to 27 after a few costly mistakes down back... i wouldnt call that struggling...

Good Idea!! VAFA Scout

PS... Being a part of the VAFA, i can confirm that Daniel Parisi (Old Scotch) is the only player playing Under 19 Premier to be name in the Vic. team to play AFLQ this weekend.

OK surely now with 8 games being played and the bye this week, a good look at the final 4 picture would be drawn in your minds
thoughts on my 4 and your own please..... as well as comments on why certain teams will and wont make it

St Bedes (a tougher outfit than De La)
De La (2nd only on % but will loose to Bedes next time they play)
Uni Blacks (will defeat scotch, marcellin and xavs in 2nd half of season)
Marcellin (who will steal 4th on % over scotch, purely on being a slighter tougher and better side)

------
Scotch (big call this but the are a very overated, still a good team but will be unlucky with few costly losses)
Xavs ( good side, just lacking that team lifting win when needed i.e st kevs, blacks, marcellin)

Saw Blacks versus Xavs match as well last week, jeez blacks can be good sum days and average the next.....are they too inconsistent to make 3rd let alone 4th??

Yours with love
Mister X

i think DE LA and BEDES will fight out top spot on round 13! unless sides like marcellin, blacks, or scotch can pull them selves together and start play consistent footy!

3rd place will most likely be marcellin who will beat scotch next time around

4th will be a battle between blacks and scotch every game counts!

and hopfully all teams can have some luck and get some players back then it will be a real great last half of the season!

best of luck to bernards:thumbsu: hope they can win a game it be great to see them give one of the top sides a run for there money dout it but it would turn things around!!:D

anyone interested in sharing who will be in there top three team best and fairest ..

season starting to take shape..... top 4 at the conclusion of round 18:

1st: De la- strong side and well drilled.... however do depend heavily on their top 4-5 players to get their wins not much depth which could become an issue in crunch games agaist st beds and also finals...

2nd: St Beds a more well rounded team than De la and may get top spot if they beat de la in round 13... may struggle on the bigger grounds like Elstinwick park in the finals as their own home ground is small... great contested team around the packs shown against scotch but need there class players to stay around... (only get some players at certain stages of the season) dont know y????

3rd: Scotch are a competitive side who have been struck hard with injuries... in the last game their 4 best players parisi, marks, bowden and porter were all missing plus 3 others who start in their 18... may not be a 70 point difference but would be mucher closer the next time.... huge test against Dela next week at their home will really tell where there at (if players are back. losses against uni blacks may hurt them and even cost a finals position.

4th: Marcellin: Marcellin are a consistent team but struggle to match it with the top 3. however if they do make the finals will be a force as they are a fast running side and like the large grounds such as their own and Elstenwick park might cause upsets in the finals.

5th: Uni Blacks: overatted team with no real standout players can be very hot and cold, and seem to lift when playing the better sides. will finish 5th due to dropped games in the second half of season as their intensity will drop off against the lower teams such as xavs and skevs... which will cost finals berth

cheers kickit

As i said earlier on in this peice... i went down to Waverley Oval on Saturday(just quietly... the worst ground in the comp.) to watch match of the round #2(aside from xavs & blacks) Kovarik?? Top Line players... only had 2 goals up until 15 mins into the last 1/4 then kicked 2 junk time goals, when his side were rampaging... Kovairk - Player Assesment.. Does not Chase and Stands in the goal square all day... Very un-accountable!!! Marcellin did not struggle all day.. 13points down late in the 3rd 1/4....but blew out to 27 after a few costly mistakes down back... i wouldnt call that struggling...

Good Idea!! VAFA Scout

You don't barrack for Marcellin by any chance ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

De La Salle – A comfortable position at the moment and will be a force to be reckoned with! I do believe that they will be beaten by St.Bedes, scotch or Blacks in the run home. I don’t believe any of the other sides will push them close. I feel that they have the team and power to win the big game

St Bedes – At their best and at home are easily the best team in the competition! Have the next 4 games at home! Then will have a tough run having to travel a lot after that! Have the guns and team to take out the big one but will they get all their best players on the park or will they end up with some injuries and promotions to the seniors! Easily the best side but can they perform when needed

Scotch – Over performing or just a little out of form of late?? Some will say pretenders but I will say contestant. I will say that there is a high chance they will be there in the finals but I doubt they will be any real threat! Could knock off some really high class teams but wont when necessary! Will beat most teams again bar the best!

Marcellin – Definitely no threat what-so-ever! A team well over-performing and are in need of some real structure and tall players. Will be defeated by the top sides and will also have a few losses to 5,6,7,8 on the ladder.

Uni Blacks – A good side and will defiantly be there in the finals! Will have a good shot at taking some big wins in the second half of the season and could pull some major upsets, but struggle with consistency, a major downside to their team!

Old Xavs – a couple of games outside the 4 and will struggle to make it up with losses to most of the sides above! Could pull some upsets but not enough to make a real run for the 4
Rupertswood – Again will highly struggle with the 4 and will not make much of a push as they are not exactly the best team!

St.Kevins – Will push higher up the ladder but definitely underperforming at the moment. Will need to start going to even pull 5th position out of the backsides! Could be quite a good team but need to start playing together
Uni Blues – Same boat as St.Kevins, except they are a struggling side. Lack the depth and skill to perform with any of the top sides!!

St.Bernards – Not much needs to be said! Really disappointing and will be playing lower league next year! Would struggle in south 2!
End of year ladder!
St. Bedes 17 1
De La Salle 15 3 (St. Bedes, Scotch)
Scotch 13 5 (St.Bedes, De La, another upset)
Uni Blacks 12 6 (St.Bedes, De La, Scotch)
Marcellin 9 9
Xavs 8 10
St.Kevins 6 12
Uni Blues 5 13
St. Bernard’s 0 18

End of year ladder!

De La Salle ( will take beating )
St Bedes ( consistent )
Uni Blacks ( improving each week )
Old Xavs ( better than scotch and marcellin )

Scotch ( no good )
Marcellin ( worse )
St.Kevins ( will improve )
Uni Blues ( no good )
St. Bernard’s ( no Good )

De La Salle – A comfortable position at the moment and will be a force to be reckoned with! I do believe that they will be beaten by St.Bedes, scotch or Blacks in the run home. I don’t believe any of the other sides will push them close. I feel that they have the team and power to win the big game

St BedesAt their best and at home are easily the best team in the competition! Have the next 4 games at home! Then will have a tough run having to travel a lot after that! Have the guns and team to take out the big one but will they get all their best players on the park or will they end up with some injuries and promotions to the seniors! Easily the best side but can they perform when needed

And what is this based on?
First of all, De La beat them in a good tight game at Brindisi st by 9 points.
Dela's percentage is a whopping 20 points higher than Bedes.
Dela have scored nearly 100 points more than them, with nearly identical scores against.
A quick look over the teams they have both played and the margins.

Marcellin - Dela by 60, StB by 67
Uni Blacks - Dela by 22 ,StB by 4
Uni Blues- Dela by 91, StB by 94
Rupo- Dela by 59, StB by 67
St Kevins- Dela by 82 , StB by 12
St Bernards - Dela by 76, StB by 85

Dela yet to play Scotch (bedes beat them by 72)
St Bedes yet to play Xavs (dela beat them by 84)

All you can conclude from that is that a couple of teams have got pretty close to St Bedes but Dela have won all with comfort.
You would have to say Dela are the best team at this stage. Runs on the board.

And what is this based on?
First of all, De La beat them in a good tight game at Brindisi st by 9 points.
Dela's percentage is a whopping 20 points higher than Bedes.
Dela have scored nearly 100 points more than them, with nearly identical scores against.
A quick look over the teams they have both played and the margins.

Marcellin - Dela by 60, StB by 67
Uni Blacks - Dela by 22 ,StB by 4
Uni Blues- Dela by 91, StB by 94
Rupo- Dela by 59, StB by 67
St Kevins- Dela by 82 , StB by 12
St Bernards - Dela by 76, StB by 85

Dela yet to play Scotch (bedes beat them by 72)
St Bedes yet to play Xavs (dela beat them by 84)

All you can conclude from that is that a couple of teams have got pretty close to St Bedes but Dela have won all with comfort.
You would have to say Dela are the best team at this stage. Runs on the board.

22 points isnt really comfort, and uni blacks are an underestimated side. they can and probably will beat st bedes or de la by season's end.
as for st kevins, de la played them when it wasnt raining and 3 degrees, which is why there is a massive difference. the other sides have been equally thumped by both teams.
basically you cannot realy draw any conclusions from this. other than both teams are winning easily against most of the comp

keep sockin

mate, im sorry but you cant judge teams on who beat who cause either team could have performed differently on each occasion the weather and the ground would change... the variables are way too high so you could not get a consistent measure....

im also sorry for sharing a different opinion to you! i mean if everyone shared your opinion then wed all be pretty good at picking up rubbish bins, but some people have to have different jobs!!!

ive seen both teams play st.bedes more than de la but that is my opinion!!!! is that allright?????

mate, im sorry but you cant judge teams on who beat who cause either team could have performed differently on each occasion the weather and the ground would change... the variables are way too high so you could not get a consistent measure....

im also sorry for sharing a different opinion to you! i mean if everyone shared your opinion then wed all be pretty good at picking up rubbish bins, but some people have to have different jobs!!!

ive seen both teams play st.bedes more than de la but that is my opinion!!!! is that allright?????

Thats fine mate you can have all the opinions you like but when they are wrong i will tell you. And by the way i dont work with your dad...

22 points isnt really comfort, and uni blacks are an underestimated side. they can and probably will beat st bedes or de la by season's end.
as for st kevins, de la played them when it wasnt raining and 3 degrees, which is why there is a massive difference. the other sides have been equally thumped by both teams.
basically you cannot realy draw any conclusions from this. other than both teams are winning easily against most of the comp

keep sockin

If you read my post i was implying that this is laregely inconclusive except for the fact that 2 teams got within 2 kicks of st bedes and dela havent really been stretched. That 22 point game was a fizzer they lead by as much as 45 in the last quarter.
Just thinking out loud as to how anyone could possibly say ''st bedes are easily the best side''

And dela played on that rainy wet day too (rupo for what little it is worth).

clearly u love de la rainman but put other sides away de la beat bedes by only 9points they won which says there doing better, but round 13 will see if de la can beat them again or st bedes can step up

cant wait to play that game!

I'm grateful for the change in fortunes for Bernards, Blues and Xavs this season. Hope you bounce back fellas but new teams in the finals will add interest. Last year, when the season was just over half way, it was a closed shop in terms of who would be playing finals. Just add De La to the above group. This made for a lacklustre end of the season. Things have turned this year and interest will continue until late in the season. Blacks, Scotch and Marcellin appear the likely candidates but you never can tell.

Football is about winning. I'm not sure how you are challenged if you expect to win each week. It must take the fun of the fear factor out of the equation. But as they say winners are grinners. I've seen plenty of examples of teams toppling over at the wrong time of the season. One can only hope that it happens this year.

whos number 12 from xavier? looks like a road runner when he plays.

gun.

murdered blacks. i saw he was wearing his school jumper as it had first XVIII on it. must have played ones for atleast 3 years at the afl footballers factory down at barkers road.

also who is number 42 for xavs?

ive seen a couple of games for xavs and 12 & 42 seem to be the cut above the rest as far as skill, composure, poise and toughness are concerned.

whos number 12 from xavier? looks like a road runner when he plays.

gun.

murdered blacks. i saw he was wearing his school jumper as it had first XVIII on it. must have played ones for atleast 3 years at the afl footballers factory down at barkers road.

also who is number 42 for xavs?

ive seen a couple of games for xavs and 12 & 42 seem to be the cut above the rest as far as skill, composure, poise and toughness are concerned.

12 from Xavier is Armstrong. Pretty shit from what i've heard, i havent seen him play much though. I dno if you know what ur talking about RobLob. Apparently hanging by the threads to make the seconds under 19's team. Maybe we are thinking of someone else?

42 is Ryan. Apparent also known as the "rated r superstar" down at the club for reasons unknown. I've seen a lot of this kid play as he plays with my brother. A seasoned veteran of the Backline he is unmatched with his defensive pressure. The freight train will never give up on a chase, and when he tackles u, it will shake your ancestors in their graves. Also has an exceptional left handed handpass, ranging from 0 to about 35 metres. His right footed but handpasses left apparently just to ___ with his opponents heads. His left foot is accomplished to say the least, but he can kick a good 50 to 55 metres on his right so he usually just chooses that. Unfortunately he brakes a different part of his body every week so he misses a few games. Then again thats what u get when u throw yourself into packs with reckless abandon. I can't speak more highly of him, my favourite player at Xavs. In some respects i liken him to Baraclough from Uni Blacks in terms of physical presence. I think only injury has prevented him from being drafted.

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 Under 19 Premier

Remove this Banner Ad

Back