U19 Under 19 Premier

Remove this Banner Ad

After a good start to the season, Scotch were a shoe in for the finals but due to a tough home straight they will struggle to make the 4 as blacks and marc have a much easier run home.. will be a very interesting turn out.

Will also be an interesting game last round with Marc V Blacks.. definately match of the round for 3rd position

MisterX, yes i did get some wrong but it doesnt change my opinion to much... maybe on scotch though!
i think that bernards are still poo and i don rate marcillan, who knocked off a weak blues side! how many tips did you get in AFL??? has it changed your opinion much???

my opinion on scotch has dropped dramatically, they are a weak side with no real convicton! i see they lost their best and probably the competitions best atm in W. davis but i think there is a larg lack of depth in there team.
They have lost to all the sides above them on the ladder and lost to the two next sides below them... not much chop now! will lose to bedes and dela and then have bernards and xavs. effectivly two games clear of blacks due to percentage and should hold onto 4th position!
blacks are like collingwood and having a soft run home could work against them and this could mean they just miss out!
but i know who will win granny and come runner up, now its just down to the places than no one cares about!!!
my ladder prediction is still
bedes
de la
marc
scotch (by percentage over blacks)

Fair enough misterx?????

MisterX, yes i did get some wrong but it doesnt change my opinion to much... maybe on scotch though!
i think that bernards are still poo and i don rate marcillan, who knocked off a weak blues side! how many tips did you get in AFL??? has it changed your opinion much???

my opinion on scotch has dropped dramatically, they are a weak side with no real convicton! i see they lost their best and probably the competitions best atm in W. davis but i think there is a larg lack of depth in there team.
They have lost to all the sides above them on the ladder and lost to the two next sides below them... not much chop now! will lose to bedes and dela and then have bernards and xavs. effectivly two games clear of blacks due to percentage and should hold onto 4th position!
blacks are like collingwood and having a soft run home could work against them and this could mean they just miss out!
but i know who will win granny and come runner up, now its just down to the places than no one cares about!!!
bedes
de la
marc

Fair enough misterx?????

Riggers, Bernards were definately poo during the first half of the season but are now alot better. If the players they have available now were able to play earlier in the season i personally think they would be in the top 4, instead of sitting on the bottom of the ladder.

bedes
de la
marc

Fair enough misterx?????

Hmm well bloody oaath the results on the AFL on the w/e changed my opinion on some sides!

quite frankly i dont think u rate marcellin cause they got smoked by bedes twice....thats it...id say its time too loook a little past that and have a look at a few other results.. i.e lost to only one side below them all year which was an amazing game of footy in the end (rupo) and have managed to not move their position on the ladder all year ensuring that when they loose generally not by too much,..... but thoughts plz?

YOur dead right howvere bout the run home definately suits some sides and not others....... i suspect however with scotchs terrible run home + my opinion allyear as them being pretenders will see them miss out.....overated, passionless, un disciplined = NO FINALS

my 4
Bedes
de la
blacks (end season superbly)
marc (1 game clear)

would like thoughts on side that will push the loser of the first final between bedes and de la?

Mister X

Hmm well bloody oaath the results on the AFL on the w/e changed my opinion on some sides!

quite frankly i dont think u rate marcellin cause they got smoked by bedes twice....thats it...id say its time too loook a little past that and have a look at a few other results.. i.e lost to only one side below them all year which was an amazing game of footy in the end (rupo) and have managed to not move their position on the ladder all year ensuring that when they loose generally not by too much,..... but thoughts plz?

YOur dead right howvere bout the run home definately suits some sides and not others....... i suspect however with scotchs terrible run home + my opinion allyear as them being pretenders will see them miss out.....overated, passionless, un disciplined = NO FINALS

my 4
Bedes
de la
blacks (end season superbly)
marc (1 game clear)

would like thoughts on side that will push the loser of the first final between bedes and de la?

Mister X

Im not sure of the 4 anymore.... it could go anyway
scotch could do something good for once...
blacks might do what they have done all year and not beat the crap teams...
marc will keep trotting along with no real chance..
yeah i dont rate because of those two games but also i do not see anythin decent from their team. no structure or anything really!!
i would love to hear your thoughts on scotch and why they are soo poor and them sometimes good then othertimes just piss weak...
whats going on?????????
only on scotch cause i think that the future of the 4 is in thier hands

I'm really surprised the Bernard's boys are not pumping themselves up after the weekend's effort. I was impressed with the way it played and Rupo couldn't match the run of the opposition. Good to see some of the guys back playing [injuries? lack of interest?]. Rupo had half a game to realise things had changed from the last time but failed to respond in the third quarter. 15 goals in the last quarter was just an example of junk time footy.
Four games to go so six wins is a possibility. Same result as last year. Same problems as well. Need a ruckman and two talls. One to play forward. One to play back. Hopefully some of the young guys coming through will fill these vacancies.

Well here we are in round 14 or 15 in Premier Division 2008.
You will note that St Bedes are on top of the ladder with De La Salle.
And if i remember this time last year, someone suggested that St Bedes would go alright in Premier division in 2007. And all the cocky Premier side teams thought they were dreaming !!! Well I reckon that the St Bedes team this year - 2008 is not as good as the team they had in 2007. So what would they have done last year if given the opportunity to play in premier division !!!
They were winning by 20 goals each week, and the VAFA decided to leave them there. And they didn't lose a game all year. Oh well , we will never know.

Well here we are in round 14 or 15 in Premier Division 2008.
You will note that St Bedes are on top of the ladder with De La Salle.
And if i remember this time last year, someone suggested that St Bedes would go alright in Premier division in 2007. And all the cocky Premier side teams thought they were dreaming !!! Well I reckon that the St Bedes team this year - 2008 is not as good as the team they had in 2007. So what would they have done last year if given the opportunity to play in premier division !!!
They were winning by 20 goals each week, and the VAFA decided to leave them there. And they didn't lose a game all year. Oh well , we will never know.

How many of the SBMT team from last year are now running around in their A section side that remains top 2 after promotion from B section? Did any end up on VFL lists?
Just curious...

How many of the SBMT team from last year are now running around in their A section side that remains top 2 after promotion from B section? Did any end up on VFL lists?
Just curious...

Well there's around 8 playing this year - under 19 premier, that played last year - under 19 division 2. And there are around 4 or 5 from last year's under 19's playing in the St Bedes A Section senior side this year. None on the VFL lists.

I agree, this forum is for st. bedes w***ers who play on the worst ground in history to talk em selves up!

I hope they get smashed in the Grand Final if they made it!

Very arrogant thinking your already in it. Cannot wait to see if you blokes post comments after ur out in straight sets!

DE LA to win it for me, at least they just play footy rather than pumping their own tyres on a daily basis!

Well there's around 8 playing this year - under 19 premier, that played last year - under 19 division 2. And there are around 4 or 5 from last year's under 19's playing in the St Bedes A Section senior side this year. None on the VFL lists.

Thanks Pulse, development of young players is obviously important to all clubs and it seems to me that SBMT are probably doing it the best right now. The knockers have every right to be jealous, I am, I'm just lucky I don't have to play or coach against them in any division, yet.

Im not sure of the 4 anymore.... it could go anyway
scotch could do something good for once...
blacks might do what they have done all year and not beat the crap teams...
marc will keep trotting along with no real chance..
yeah i dont rate because of those two games but also i do not see anythin decent from their team. no structure or anything really!!
i would love to hear your thoughts on scotch and why they are soo poor and them sometimes good then othertimes just piss weak...
whats going on?????????
only on scotch cause i think that the future of the 4 is in thier hands

Yeh good call on blacks on not beating the crap teams.....But mate, nothing decent, no structure, no anything sounds like im defending marco alot, but now sitting equal third and have beating scotch and blacks...the only bad perfomances this year have came against bedes.....wrong or right?

Stats speak for emselves bout scotch lads.... will be lukcy to make finals and hopefully the only shaping of them they will do will be from 5th place...where they belong...

ok who they have lost too ...

bedes... 11 goals (will looose twice)
de la ... 4 goals (will loose twice)
marco... 4 goals
blacks.. 3 goals and 10 goals (twice)

ok sum wins now
marco rnd 3. . . 8 points
rupo. . . 2 points
xavs ... 2 points
skevs .. 9 points

It seems they are JUST getting over the line against the average teams and getting beaten convincingly by the 2 sides above and below them on the ladder currently??

lack the ability to beat sides above them let alone compete and when it comes to sides below them have stumbled into wins against sides they shud be easily beating

Pretty much when the going gets tough and its get hot in kitchen....scotch no where to be seen..... agree disagree??

Again wud like responces on sides that will push the loser of the de la, bedes first final??
Mister X

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh good call on blacks on not beating the crap teams.....But mate, nothing decent, no structure, no anything sounds like im defending marco alot, but now sitting equal third and have beating scotch and blacks...the only bad perfomances this year have came against bedes.....wrong or right?

Stats speak for emselves bout scotch lads.... will be lukcy to make finals and hopefully the only shaping of them they will do will be from 5th place...where they belong...

ok who they have lost too ...

bedes... 11 goals (will looose twice)
de la ... 4 goals (will loose twice)
marco... 4 goals
blacks.. 3 goals and 10 goals (twice)

ok sum wins now
marco rnd 3. . . 8 points
rupo. . . 2 points
xavs ... 2 points
skevs .. 9 points

It seems they are JUST getting over the line against the average teams and getting beaten convincingly by the 2 sides above and below them on the ladder currently??

lack the ability to beat sides above them let alone compete and when it comes to sides below them have stumbled into wins against sides they shud be easily beating

Pretty much when the going gets tough and its get hot in kitchen....scotch no where to be seen..... agree disagree??

Again wud like responces on sides that will push the loser of the de la, bedes first final??
Mister X

Couldnt agree with you more... scotch arnt as good as they seem and just are getting points, but i spose 4 points is 4 points no matter how much by!
how do they have such a good percentage!!
also 4 goals to de las isnt bad! what do u think about this weekends clash!!
and calling them all soft is not completly correct, there would be about 3-4 boys maybe that i wouldnt wanna line up against or arnt soft... but yeah, the rest of teh team are weak as urine!!!
reckon they will sneak in but no chance for anything....

Watched the first half of the scotch game on the weekend and it was a matter of time before the Uni boys pulled away.

OS to miss the finals (a shame as early season form looked good)

But the real battle is between the top two, looking forward to GF day. Anyone know if the grounds for finals have been released?

If the Eagles miss the finals (and I don't think they will) then the loss in round 12 against Rupo at Bulleen will probably be the one that stands out in the end of season review.

My Tips for this weekend...

Blacks vs Bernards
Big game for both clubs as Blacks are playing for a spot in the finals and Bernards are trying to avoid relegation. Both teams had good wins last week, but I believe Bernards new found form will enable them to knock Blacks off in a close one.

Skevs vs Bedes
Bedes to give Skevs a touch up at Regetti

Rupo vs Blues
Rupo by 2 goals at home

Xavs vs Marcelin
Marcelin will be to good for Xavs and will win by 6 goals

Dela vs Scotch
In a game which is important for Scotch within regards to finals, I think it will be come down to the wire and will see Dela winning by less then 2 goals.

Blacks v Bernards - -looking at recent results....have shown marked improvement...should get over a side notorious for being unable to knock of the lower teams ... 2 goals

St Kevins v Bedes - - lazy 80+ point win....see the % shoot up in this one...13 goals

Rupo v Blues - - Will bounce back from last week finals set back by marcellin....will battle to make it...but will account for Rupo...3 goals

Xavs v Marcellin - - With Scotch playin De La this week and third place up for grabs the eagles will snatch it with both talons ;) ...5 goals

De La v Scotch- - Be comfy for the lads in blue and yellow here....Scotch to slip to forth and commence there merry slide to 5th place....7 goals

Blacks v Bernards - -looking at recent results....have shown marked improvement...should get over a side notorious for being unable to knock of the lower teams ... 2 goals

St Kevins v Bedes - - lazy 80+ point win....see the % shoot up in this one...13 goals

Rupo v Blues - - Will bounce back from last week finals set back by marcellin....will battle to make it...but will account for Rupo...3 goals

Xavs v Marcellin - - With Scotch playin De La this week and third place up for grabs the eagles will snatch it with both talons ;) ...5 goals

De La v Scotch- - Be comfy for the lads in blue and yellow here....Scotch to slip to forth and commence there merry slide to 5th place....7 goals

I was just wondering if you just contradicted yourself. Saying that blacks will lose wil make it alot more difficult for blacks to take scotch possie in the finals, yet your saying scotch will lose and slip out of the 4. Predicions must be thought about and their consequences and to say that blacks losing in a game that is said to be easy for them will not allow them to have an easy run in the finals and may push their chances to the limits???

Blacks V Bernards -
With blacks coming off their best win with their best team they will be coming off a high. This will allow them to play as collingwood style lose to the bottom side and beat above sides.. This can give scotch a break they will need due to their tough run home! bernards are alot better in the second half and will show us how good they are in a 20 point win over blacks(who have a weaker team in this week)

St.Kevins V Bedes -
With skevs fighting to stay in priemer devision and bedes to just keep trotting on there merry way to the flag. I think it could be another 100 pointer for the much inform and fav for the flag. This will put st.kevs in no doubt to be in south 1 next year! bye bye

Rupo V Blues -
Two teams that at there best can be devistating and at their worst can be poor. Both not fighting for finals but a little bit of pride. A young rupo side will come out victors down in sundbury against a blues side that will just freeze up in the cold conditions...

Xavs V Marco -
Xavs could have been a finals contender but due to a couple performances that left a little to be desired they have lost their touch with the top 4. They are still a team that you wouldnt take lightly, i do however think that they will play poorly and let an average side take the points and slip up to 3rd possie..

De la salle V Scotch -
With the ladder leaders for the first half of the season playing the pretenders, i think that it will be a one side victory. Due to the weather and the oval in a slippy and poor condition they score may not reflect the difference between the sides. I feel that it will be a 20 point win for the blue an yellow. Scotch will need to come out and try something and hope it works. maybe a bit of physicality could work, but ooops i forgot that they wouldnt be able to injure a homosexual with no arms or legs!

Xavs V Marco -
Xavs could have been a finals contender but due to a couple performances that left a little to be desired they have lost their touch with the top 4. They are still a team that you wouldnt take lightly, i do however think that they will play poorly and let an average side take the points and slip up to 3rd possie..

Riggers u are kidding yourself mate. Just a goose bedes bloke talking absolute garbage. If Marcellin get to third today, and their an avg. side, what do u then say about the other 7 sides?

Sorry, but marcellin are actually a hard working side who dont have the luxury of having 2 teams like bedes, de la, xavs, rupo!

U can get stuffed riggers, id love to hear what u think wen de la SMASH u arrogant Bedes boys of GF day if u snuffs make it! Dw mate ill be there sledging the crap out of u bedes arrogant footballers!

How many players playing dela seniors will be eligible for the 19's finals.

This is something that is forgotten about when we think about dela.

Dela could potentially pick up 5 or 6 players from there senior team during finals which will improve there team dramatically.

Sorry, but marcellin are actually a hard working side who dont have the luxury of having 2 teams like bedes, de la, xavs, rupo!

are u serious flog? its because of having a twos team that xavs dont have a handful of players because they are choosing to play with friends that arent up to the premier division level.

leading goal scorer in the comp, the captain of the team, their centre half back plus other handy players have all chosen the twos team over the ones. saying this demonstrates how much better xavs would be if their was no twos team. in conclusion, goodidea ur a flog and uve got shniffs.

Rupo lost another winnable game today against Uni Blues by nine points. Started well. Had a terrible second quarter. Blues took control of the game in the third quarter and held on in the last. I think that's four or five this year where the result could have gone either way.

Why? Weaknesses on ball make it difficult for the defenders. I don't think we rotate enough players through the midfield. Play some of the midfielders in defence to teach them the importance of playing on your man. Too many of the guys play hasty footy. When in doubt just kick it as far as you can. The problem with this is you give the opposition too many chances to win the ball back. It's frustrating watching football with ordinary decision making. I reckon we should get out the whiteboard and talk about decision making, tactics and basic rules for playing good football. This level is about improvement. Winning games will follow when you understand how to play the game.

to the boys from rupertswood.

the st bedes 19s would like to invite you all to a night out at our local edgy after our game this saturday. all direct oponents can shout each other. it would be a great opportunity to reinforce our strong relationship on and off the field.

let us know

good luck for the weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 Under 19 Premier

Remove this Banner Ad

Back