U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

FB: Virtua (OC) Weiseenfeld (OT) Robertson (OT)
HB: Tieman (OI) Drysdale (OE) Howell (OT)
C: Angiolella (Fitz) Jessop (OT) Beaton (OT)
HF: Vear (Ban) Greer (OI) Mugavin (OI)
FF: Callanan (MS) Dunnachie (Ban) Macready - Bryan (OC)

Followers: Dioretes (OI) Diamond (Fitz) Tibaldi (MS)

Int: Doherty (OP) Tootell (OE) Costanzo (OI) Polidoras (Fitz)

Anyone under 10 games played, didnt see it would be fair putting them in the team. also some positions may get thrown around a bit to suit-fit. tell us what you think.

Anyone under 10 games played, didnt see it would be fair putting them in the team. also some positions may get thrown around a bit to suit-fit. tell us what you think.

so jessop, who played half the season in the 1's (9 in 19's, 9 in seniors) UNDER 10 GAMES!!! makes the team. if thats the case then you would have to have pacconi and coulsen-hoffacker who played under 19 state football this year and are 2 of the best players in the competition by a country mile. he was the only 1 who played under 10 games in my recollection.

would have to be omitted in my books. a soft player, doesnt go in for the ball, waits in the middle for it to be delivered to him. sure he uses it well, but playing on the same field as him doesnt seem to get the nod from me. Maybe the likes of Kandilakis or Nelson... players who can play all over the ground, run well, and goes in for it and gets the results.

Well done to trinity. Very well played yesterday with Dayne dominating and winning the b'n'f for the day. Looked like a very tight contest to quarter time and trinity's experiance 1's players seemed to step up to the challenge and push away.
Disappointing for ivanhoe who i thought were more dominating through out the season.
Good luck to both teams next year.

Quick question: Does only the winner of the section along with south one got to premier?

excellent to see old trintty get up against old ivanhoe yesterday. it was a really tight content in the 1st qauter with big mugavin kicking the first of the day. after that it was all trinity with them absolutely smashing old ivanhoe to the rafters all day. ivanhoe kicked only 2 goals after the 1st quater to trinitys 11.

excellent players included coulsen-hoffacker, jessop, pacconi, humann and sam leetham.

an absolute smashing handed out in trying conditions to start which dried up towards the end.

congrats to my man coulsen-hoffacker winning BOG for the match. completely dominated all day even with a heavy tag, ivanhoe just gave up in the end with trying to stop him and he ended up kicking 3 goals and getting a ton of possesion. the kids gonna be a star.

so congrats again to old trinity on another excellent performance. old ivanhoe had all the glory all year but couldnt match it come crunch time.

The hyphen is a good footballer, but no one will take him seriously until his "yogi" resembles that of a human being.

Can anyone tell me if any other club in the history of VAFA had their players wearing premiership caps 10 seconds after the final siren had rung.

Yes the difference between the teams, were the performances of players with some 60 games in the seniors including 4 VFL seniors. Its a pity that they will loose Keef to Collingwood rookie list, and the rest of their players will be plying their trade in B Grade or in the EFL.:D

The hyphen is a good footballer, but no one will take him seriously until his "yogi" resembles that of a human being.

Can anyone tell me if any other club in the history of VAFA had their players wearing premiership caps 10 seconds after the final siren had rung.

Yes the difference between the teams, were the performances of players with some 60 games in the seniors including 4 VFL seniors. Its a pity that they will loose Keef to Collingwood rookie list, and the rest of their players will be plying their trade in B Grade or in the EFL.:D

What's a "yogi"?

Yer i'm sure those facts really ease the pain of losing the grand final by 10 goals after being on top all year. Are you actually suggesting that you get as much satisfaction out of knowing Keefe wil go to Collingwood and the Trinity seniors are in B grade, as we did from winning the Premiership Yesterday. Yer you'll really be able to tell your kids that one - 'Nar we got flogged by 10 goals son, but we knew the opposition might not be as good the next year so all in all it was a memorable day'.

Yer i'm sure those facts really ease the pain of losing the grand final by 10 goals after being on top all year. Are you actually suggesting that you get as much satisfaction out of knowing Keefe wil go to Collingwood and the Trinity seniors are in B grade, as we did from winning the Premiership Yesterday. Yer you'll really be able to tell your kids that one - 'Nar we got flogged by 10 goals son, but we knew the opposition might not be as good the next year so all in all it was a memorable day'.

*clapping*

Traitorshorts.

Typical chip on ones left shoulder.

The best team on the day one. They always do!

All I was inferring is that it will be a pity for OT that they will loose players to elsewhere due to AFL/VFL commitments and the temptation of money from division one clubs in the EFL. Scouts were watching yesterdays game closely. Nothing more nothing less.

But now that you bring it up. Whilst players like Jessup and the Hyphen were getting in the best for the seniors, they found themselves regularly going back to the under 19's. Why was that?

If the 7 players who played senior football stayed with the seniors all year, would that have changed that team's final standing?

If yes, then why stay with the 19's?
If no, then there are 7 players who brought envaluable experience back to the Under 19's to help them win the Grand Final.

PS Yogi = hair style

Max Leader.

The Unders will lose most of their better players next season because they won't qualify for Under 19's next year. Players like Jessop, Coulson-Hoffacker, Pacconi won't just abandon the club just because they have gone down to B grade, they won a flag and want to stay on and play footy with their mates.

Coulson-Hoffacker, Jessop, Pacconi, Humann etc. have all indicated that they plan to be with the club for the long haul. EFL/VFL clubs can poach all they want but they won't get anything, (that's even if they are looking).

Players like Keefe will be leaving no doubt. Collingwood already have plans to rookie list him at the end of the year which is terrific for the young lad.

As for why C-H, Jessop, Pacconi, Howell etc were dropped back into the 19's was because the club wanted them all to qualify for finals because they had a strong indication that the unders would play finals footy and they wanted to let the young blokes have a chance at a rare oppourtunity.

Did those players win OT's a grand final? Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. But looking back on the games where those players were playing seniors and OT's side wasn't the greatest on paper (but still pretty good) they were getting the job done every weekend and getting it done quite easily with huge margins without the so called 'super-stars' playing.

Those players just added some extra polish to a team that was already chock full of well rounded consistent and under-rated players. They won on the weekend because they were a team and did the team things, not because of individual excellence. Every player played their part and played it extremely well as they defeated a side that, I believe, had the premiership in the bag 4-5 games into the season.

CONGRATS TO THE T-BOYS! PREMIERS 2008!!!!

Traitorshorts.

Typical chip on ones left shoulder.

The best team on the day one. They always do!

All I was inferring is that it will be a pity for OT that they will loose players to elsewhere due to AFL/VFL commitments and the temptation of money from division one clubs in the EFL. Scouts were watching yesterdays game closely. Nothing more nothing less.

But now that you bring it up. Whilst players like Jessup and the Hyphen were getting in the best for the seniors, they found themselves regularly going back to the under 19's. Why was that?

If the 7 players who played senior football stayed with the seniors all year, would that have changed that team's final standing?

If yes, then why stay with the 19's?
If no, then there are 7 players who brought envaluable experience back to the Under 19's to help them win the Grand Final.

PS Yogi = hair style

Ahhhhh Max Leader. I really pity you. Stop Embrassing yourself and your club. I didn't really bother to read what you wrote because I'm sure your just carrying on about administrative points and how 'happy' they make you. Just keep posting mate I'm sure you'll feel better eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to the OT lads and I trust the vast majority of the U19 group will remain with the club as it is a great place to play footy.

Having an U19 side in Div 1 for the first time in 2009 is a major step in OTs rebuilding the club, and aiming in the long term to match it week in/out with the regular A section teams of the past 15 seasons. Granted, the club has to get back into A section, and that's nowhere near as easy now as it was back in 1999.

Finally the quality of football available to kids coming straight from the school will now be the same as that offered by the ex-APS clubs, STBMT, De La, St Bernards and Uni Blues, which is great. However, with respect to the senior sides, by developing a winning culture, taking that into a B section season in 2009, and hopefully keeping this group together over the next 5-10 years, there's little doubt the club will be in good hands.

Well done boys. :thumbsu:

Time for my team of the year:

FB: McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban)
HB: McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban)
C: McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban)
HF: McDonald (Ban) Dunnachie (Ban) McDonald (Ban)
FF: Vear (Ban) McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban)

Followers: McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban)

Int: McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban)

He is soooooooooooo good!!!

Time for my team of the year:

FB: McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban)
HB: McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban)
C: McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban)
HF: McDonald (Ban) Dunnachie (Ban) McDonald (Ban)
FF: Vear (Ban) McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban)

Followers: McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban)

Int: McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban) McDonald (Ban)

He is soooooooooooo good!!!

Missed Coach of the Year McDonald (Ban)

geez you aren't so bright are you cave....maybe you should give up on footy and get a little bit of education....no great loss to yulas if you spend a bit of time at school...

Congratulations to Jesse Dimond from Fitzroy Reds on winning the VAFA best and fairest. Also to Rory Angiolella for finishing third. Two players in the top three is a great effort

that is a top effort from those two lads. The Fitzroy Midfield is outstanding and these boys have done very well considering a few of their team mates might of snatched a few votes off them during the year. What were the other results? Was greer up there?

the vafa vote count is an absolute joke. for greer to come 6th is ****ing ridiculous, he was clearly the best player in the league by a country mile. the top 10 should have been dominated by old ivanhoe and old trinity players but it wasn't. coulson-hoffacker played the majority of the season in the 1's and came 9th which makes absolutely no sense to me. he shouldn't have even been in the top 20. nicholas howell should have been in the top 5, along with matthew jessop. it was the same as last year, with some players who played maybe 1 game in the year getting votes. its a bullshit system.

that is a top effort from those two lads. The Fitzroy Midfield is outstanding and these boys have done very well considering a few of their team mates might of snatched a few votes off them during the year. What were the other results? Was greer up there?

Diamond clearly on 25 votes
Diorietes second on 19
Angiolella third 18

As for Greer = 6th on 14

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back