Underrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly they're divisive ^^

But I guess I grew up on them, my nana always was giving us kids Minties out of her handbag.

And if we're gonna get into it... lifesavers are ok. Fisherman's friends- hard no. Tic Tacs have an awful peppermint flavour. Mentos are disgusting.
I chew gum allllll the time so mintie is a nice change up.

I chew gum allllll the time so mintie is a nice change up.
In general tho- lollie selection at the supermarket is just awful - average. Natural confection Co. are massively overrated imo. Allen's just seems to be culling their entire selection ffs.

As a country we need to do better with lollies. Its woeful.

Clearly they're divisive ^^

But I guess I grew up on them, my nana always was giving us kids Minties out of her handbag.

And if we're gonna get into it... lifesavers are ok. Fisherman's friends- hard no. Tic Tacs have an awful peppermint flavour. Mentos are disgusting.
We always get minties on a roadtrip for some reason, I never eat them otherwise. But when I do, I love 'em

We always get minties on a roadtrip for some reason, I never eat them otherwise. But when I do, I love 'em
Yep same. I rarely get them but when I do I love em.

Strawberry and creams would be my usual go to and up until recently fantales.

In general tho- lollie selection at the supermarket is just awful - average. Natural confection Co. are massively overrated imo. Allen's just seems to be culling their entire selection ffs.

As a country we need to do better with lollies. Its woeful.
I think the life saver brand lollies are pretty good, I like the raspberry sherbet stix and the blackcurrant pastilles. They've got bubblegum sherbet stix which I'm also partial to, but undecided at this stage if I like them more than the raspberry ones.

I like the natural confectionery company stuff too. I have a huge sweet tooth, but even with that in mind, the cost of a bag of lollies (or chips, or chocolate for that matter) at the supermarket these days seems insane. So I basically get whatever happens to be 40-50% off that week at woolies and if there isn't anything that's reduced, I just don't get anything.

I think the life saver brand lollies are pretty good, I like the raspberry sherbet stix and the blackcurrant pastilles. They've got bubblegum sherbet stix which I'm also partial to, but undecided at this stage if I like them more than the raspberry ones.

I like the natural confectionery company stuff too. I have a huge sweet tooth, but even with that in mind, the cost of a bag of lollies (or chips, or chocolate for that matter) at the supermarket these days seems insane. So I basically get whatever happens to be 40-50% off that week at woolies and if there isn't anything that's reduced, I just don't get anything.
I'm a huge sweet tooth too.

Was going to go to the new lolly shop over at Highpoint but got put off by the reviews. Apparently everything costs an absolute fortune and the place doesnt even have prices on everything.

Yep same. I rarely get them but when I do I love em.

Strawberry and creams would be my usual go to and up until recently fantales.
The peaches and cream in the part mix are also real good.

I love racing cars, used to grab the giant ass allens packs of those.

Damn im hungry now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the supermarket this morning, and ended up helping to wrangle a dog who'd broken free while its owner was inside. It's one of life's underrated annoyances, is what you do with your dog when you're in the shop.

It made me think back to my trip of southern Africa, where a 3rd world economy devoid of welfare requires people to invent all sorts of creative jobs.

Why hasn't a 14 year old kid thought to spend their summer holidays waiting at the supermarket and providing "short term dog minding" - ie. charge 5 bucks to hold onto someone's dog for 15 minutes while they're inside. I'd pay that every time.

Not a "million dollar idea", but if you can normalise it at a particular shopping centre so that everyone pays the 5 bucks rather than just tying their dog up, I feel like it's maybe a "PS5-dollars idea." There's always at least 1-2 dogs tied up outside my local Woolworths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Underrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

Back