Underrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re allowed to be wrong. The band made the night, substantially better than any DJ I’ve seen (unless you count daft punk)

Our DJ pulled out the morning of, he got a sub who started playing dubstep halfway through, I had to have a chat to him!

I did a speech at our wedding, no more than a few minutes and had some campaigner heckle me. Still don't know who it was (though I have suspicions) but I stopped talking and was asking for who it was to own up, they did not, weak as piss!

Our DJ pulled out the morning of, he got a sub who started playing dubstep halfway through, I had to have a chat to him!

I did a speech at our wedding, no more than a few minutes and had some campaigner heckle me. Still don't know who it was (though I have suspicions) but I stopped talking and was asking for who it was to own up, they did not, weak as piss!
“Right, no more free piss until someone owns up to that” Then make him sit on the old campaigners table for an hour with a bottle of water. A disciplined celebration of vows. 😂

Both of our dad's spoke at our wedding, my wife's oldest sister, my best man and myself.

My best man's speech had the crowd in raptures.
My best man’s speech even included a Nazi joke that went down an absolute treat. Mind you, this was a while ago, when it was universally agreed Nazis were bad and we didn’t have actual Nazis knocking about.

Too many weddings I've been too where the momentum of the event got ruined because of 45 - 60 minutes of speeches.

Some of those marriages didn't even last 10 years so it's kind of funny when I think about it now.

Have not been to a wedding in ages so most of the weddings I've been to have been the formal ones where you had to go to church and then go somewhere else for the reception. The day just drags on too much with that format so I'm not surprised to see it's more common now to have the ceremony and reception at the same venue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to a wedding where the first song played was welcome to the jungle.

The guy who got married told me it didn't go down well with the mother in law.

Too many weddings I've been too where the momentum of the event got ruined because of 45 - 60 minutes of speeches.

Some of those marriages didn't even last 10 years so it's kind of funny when I think about it now.

Have not been to a wedding in ages so most of the weddings I've been to have been the formal ones where you had to go to church and then go somewhere else for the reception. The day just drags on too much with that format so I'm not surprised to see it's more common now to have the ceremony and reception at the same venue.
I got married 12 years ago, we did a Sunday night (Monday was a holiday i think). In the CBD. Started at 4.30pm, ceremony done in 15 minutes, same venue for reception and we opened the bar at the start of the ceremony.

Guests went into the reception area after the ceremony and we buggered off for 90 minutes for photos around the city while guests went and drank. No tables and no sit down. When we did it it was pretty rare, that set up is becoming alot more common but so is the destination over 4 days thing too, a mate is in the Barossa right now for a 5 day thing, its really cool BUT expensive and a bit shit.

I got married 12 years ago, we did a Sunday night (Monday was a holiday i think). In the CBD. Started at 4.30pm, ceremony done in 15 minutes, same venue for reception and we opened the bar at the start of the ceremony.

Guests went into the reception area after the ceremony and we buggered off for 90 minutes for photos around the city while guests went and drank. No tables and no sit down. When we did it it was pretty rare, that set up is becoming alot more common but so is the destination over 4 days thing too, a mate is in the Barossa right now for a 5 day thing, its really cool BUT expensive and a bit s**t.

I think destination weddings are selfish to be honest, unless one of the two is from another state/country and you have the wedding there. Just adds so much expense for your guests, of course they can get a holiday out of it but difficult if you have kids, economic pressures etc.

We got married in the local church, went and did photos in St Kilda and then to the reception, we only had 98 guests so was relatively small. Was a good night but weird time for me, my mum had passed away a few weeks before the wedding so was a total whirlwind, was pretty happy to be on the plane to Bali that's for sure.

I think destination weddings are selfish to be honest, unless one of the two is from another state/country and you have the wedding there. Just adds so much expense for your guests, of course they can get a holiday out of it but difficult if you have kids, economic pressures etc.

We got married in the local church, went and did photos in St Kilda and then to the reception, we only had 98 guests so was relatively small. Was a good night but weird time for me, my mum had passed away a few weeks before the wedding so was a total whirlwind, was pretty happy to be on the plane to Bali that's for sure.
The destination wedding is all a bit of a pissing contest to me. “Oh we got married in Queensland, well we got married in Fiji”. Waiting for someone to do a mic drop and have their ceremony on the Moon. 💪🏼

Completely selfish, unless you are ok with guests not attending.

My kind of thing would be sort of in reverse. Go away somewhere with a beach have a holiday/honeymoon, get married alone, and not tell anyone. Return and have a cocktail party, announce to everyone we got married. Done and done.

The destination wedding is all a bit of a pissing contest to me. “Oh we got married in Queensland, well we got married in Fiji”. Waiting for someone to do a mic drop and have their ceremony on the Moon. 💪🏼
Pfft moon. I'm gonna get married on Saturn.

Those rings are pretty cool

Remove this Banner Ad

Underrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

Back