Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With regards to the Hird/730 report thing, I see nothing wrong with the Hirds coming out and having their say. The AFL and Demetriou have leaked like buggery, tried to influence the whole process from the beginning, negotiated penalties before the investigation was completed and were happy to have people hung out to dry in the process.

Now while I certainly don't agree with everything Hird has said and done he is entitled to say his piece, defend his reputation and not be conveniently made a scapegoat and told to shut up now the AFL and to a degree Essendon have what they want.
See thread title.

The latest Facebook 'no make-up selfie' craze to raise awareness for breast cancer is a bit of a wank..
Bullshit it is. I was completely unaware of this "cancer" thing until now.

How does it raise cancer awareness exactly?

It doesn't, it's just an excuse for girls to post a picture of themselves with no makeup, not be criticised (because who criticises on a picture promoting breast cancer?) and to drag in the likes and the 'omg you're so beautiful!' comments.

the only unpopular thing that i saw is it seems unfair how people use facebook for so much communicating. a person told me on facebook that they stole something from my bedroom. that seems like something you should say in person :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I ask why? I like mine with one sugar and a ciggy.

See the Bulletproof coffee thread on the Health and Fitness board for more info but basically it burns fat and gives you more energy and improves brain functioning.

It doesn't, it's just an excuse for girls to post a picture of themselves with no makeup, not be criticised (because who criticises on a picture promoting breast cancer?) and to drag in the likes and the 'omg you're so beautiful!' comments.

This.

Hey self obsessed facebook skanks! Now you can be a self obsessed facebook skank...for breast cancer!

In fairness, a very similar criticism could be levelled at hipsters and movember.

How does it raise cancer awareness exactly?

In the UK you post up a selfie with another photo of you texting a donation. (send a text, cost you x amount as a donation). Here its a little pointless. Most of the photos are girls in dark rooms, funny angles etc , show me a photo just after you have woken up. That would be a real representation of how you look.

The latest Facebook 'no make-up selfie' craze to raise awareness for breast cancer is a bit of a wank..

I misunderstood this to begin with and thought you were saying Facebook were putting a ban on girls wearing makeup and taking selfies to post :p I was thinking, the value of their stocks is about to plummet with that decision!

Parents who whinge about the cost of childcare should be slapped - their kids, their problem. Not the government. Not the tax payer.

No, actually we all have an interest in a new generation of people who can contribute to the economy in the decades to come. Our population is ageing.

If people want to have kids, it needs to be as non-cost prohibitive as possible.

No, actually we all have an interest in a new generation of people who can contribute to the economy in the decades to come. Our population is ageing.

If people want to have kids, it needs to be as non-cost prohibitive as possible.

Bearing in mind that this is an unpopular opinions thread...

I think the interest should be in affluent families having kids who can afford childcare and a proper education for them.

The situation at the moment is that bogans and people on welfare are popping out hordes of children, while more intelligent, financially secure couples are not having kids. The whole gene pool is suffering, and we are seeing it in the massive behaviour management problems in schools and dumbing down of these generations. I look at my own sister and a heap of my friends - extremely smart people, have worked hard to be financially stable but choosing not to have kids. Then across the road the welfare cheats in state housing have popped out 6. And its my teacher fiance has to deal with the little shits in the classroom, and our taxes have to pay for their education, housing, policing and the list goes on...

The government should be educating the welfare stricken bogans to not have kids if they cant afford it, and placing measures on them to make it hard for them to reason having anymore. The whole baby bonus scheme is a f*cking disaster. I know of families who are literally popping out kids just to get the free hand-out. Its a disgrace.

Again, this is likely to be an unpopular opinion.

Last edited:
Bearing in mind that this is an unpopular opinions thread...

I think the interest should be in affluent families having kids who can afford childcare and a proper education for them.

The situation at the moment is that bogans and people on welfare are popping out hordes of children, while more intelligent, financially secure couples are not having kids. The whole gene pool is suffering, and we are seeing it in the massive behaviour management problems in schools and dumbing down of these generations. I look at my own sister and a heap of my friends - extremely smart people, have worked hard to be financially stable but choosing not to have kids. Then across the road the welfare cheats in state housing have popped out 6. And its my teacher fiance has to deal with the little shits in the classroom, and our taxes have to pay for their education, housing, policing and the list goes on...

The government should be educating the welfare stricken bogans to not have kids if they cant afford it, and placing measures on them to make it hard for them to reason having anymore. The whole baby bonus scheme is a f*cking disaster. I know of families who are literally popping out kids just to get the free hand-out. Its a disgrace.

Again, this is likely to be an unpopular opinion.

It just sounds like a baseless rant from a right winger.

Do you have anything to actually back that up, other than what you see in your street?

Do you have anything to actually back that up, other than what you see in your street?

Sounds like a typical response from a left winger.

Do you have anything to back your opinion up???

Of course he doesn't. All he does is rant about shit

Sounds like a typical response from a left winger.

Do you have anything to back your opinion up???

What, that as our population ages, we need people to reproduce and replace themselves for the good of the future of the economy?

How is that left wing, and what would you like to back it up?

I would have thought it was pretty much just common sense. How do you advance an economy with less labour, less consumers, and higher costs?

This current breast cancer no make-up selfie thing on facebook. What a crock of s*it. How does it promote breast cancer awareness???? Its just another opportunity for bishes to doctor and photoshop themselves in the name of vanity, but without the fear of seeming self-obsessed. Its everything wrong with facebook in one hit.
Same as the 'I like it on the kitchen table' status updates, which are done to supposedly 'raise awareness'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back