Up the Arse! Goons thread. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will have to suck up his pride and sign some class, and i think the board has been pushing for this for a while. Need a class striker (huntelaar/villa), a solid DM (toure), a CB replacing Gallas (Richards) and a GK (frey/akinfeev). Not sure where rosicky fits in. Walcott has been great lately on the right, nasri has the left sewn up, and rosicky definitely isn't a DM. Sell RVP (20m), Rosicky (15m) Almunia (5m) and Senderos (10m) for Villa (30m), Toure (15m), Akinfeev (15m) and Richards (15m). 25 million for a genuine title shot is a pretty good deal imo. Will never happen, but let me dream.
---------Villa----Adebayor-----------
Nasri---Toure----Fabregas---Walcott
Clichy---Toure----Richards----Sagna
-------------Akinfeev---------------

Subs: Ramsey, Eduardo, Djourou, Fabianski, Denilson

If we got a star striker, and vela continues to develop at his current rate, Is eduardo needed?

If your dreaming why not shove in Messi for 3 mill plus Ogogo, or Bojan for a bag of grapes and a packet of doritos. Would I be correct to assume that you play manager :p
We would never ever get someone like Villa, we are good enough and have a high enough rep with a good manager, but the manager we have would never spend that much. Not saying he wouldn't be good but yeah, Richards is a good defender but it's kind of fair to say hes been average this year nevertheless i'd like him to replace Gallas, anyone have any ideas for other CB's we should target?

With the prices..
RVP - 10-12m (if we are lucky as he is about 25? and is quite injury prone), Rosicky 2-3m, wouldn't sell almunia, senderos 4-7m. Villa would cost 35m probably but isn't worth that much, Toure - I think 15m is too much I reckon they don't really need him so maybe like 10-12m, Richards I think is a future starter for england, quite young so yeah prob 15m or over, and Akinfeev I am not sure id say yeah 10+m. It is hard to say as I play manager as well, trying to make it a bit more realistic prices, we wouldn't buy/sell that many people though, perhaps bring in 1 or 2 people thats probably all. I think we will get in Toure got a feeling we will go for him and thats pretty much all.

What an immature baby.

That immature baby is the glimmer of hope in your otherwise horrible season. If you stay in the top 4 it will be entirely due to his good form. ATM hes your best player by a country mile (given Fabregas poor form) and you jump on his back over that....

Hopefully he leaves for Milan in the near future

I think Song looked pretty good as a DM against us and I've seen a couple Arsenal games now and I like him there.

IMHO Cesc - Song is your best CM partnership.

I'm going to cry now.

We would never ever get someone like Villa, we are good enough and have a high enough rep with a good manager

WTF?

Villa would sign, because he said he wants to sign. Wenger doesn't want to spunk that much money on him.

Having said that, should Eduardo get back, we'd be right for strikers. We'd just need to replace Ade when he leaves.

I'm going to cry now.

WTF?

Villa would sign, because he said he wants to sign. Wenger doesn't want to spunk that much money on him.

Having said that, should Eduardo get back, we'd be right for strikers. We'd just need to replace Ade when he leaves.

Just read what I said carefully, I said we wouldn't sign someone like Villa because of Wenger, not because Villa wouldn't want to go I heard the reports that he would choose us out of any other club. When I say "someone like Villa" it means Wenger wouldn't fork out lets say 30mill plus on a player that has not proven himself in the EPL (yeah he goes well in internationals and spanish league) but see Shevchenko for e.g. Wenger wouldn't spend that much on any player, and espicially for a soon to be 27 year old. Villa is great but we won't be signing the bloke, what are your thoughts on the Silva guy from Valencia?

Just read what I said carefully, I said we wouldn't sign someone like Villa because of Wenger, not because Villa wouldn't want to go I heard the reports that he would choose us out of any other club. When I say "someone like Villa" it means Wenger wouldn't fork out lets say 30mill plus on a player that has not proven himself in the EPL (yeah he goes well in internationals and spanish league) but see Shevchenko for e.g. Wenger wouldn't spend that much on any player, and espicially for a soon to be 27 year old. Villa is great but we won't be signing the bloke, what are your thoughts on the Silva guy from Valencia?

He is a quality, quick left winger. You bought Nasri, so I dont think you should go after him.

That immature baby is the glimmer of hope in your otherwise horrible season. If you stay in the top 4 it will be entirely due to his good form. ATM hes your best player by a country mile (given Fabregas poor form) and you jump on his back over that....

Hopefully he leaves for Milan in the near future

poo poo. For someone who was asking for a payrise as much as one of the greatest Arsenal Players and Captains ... yep

It would't fix all our problems but I bet we would have gained an extra few points somewhere. It's the same team as last year minus Flamini and Hleb so I don't think we have a lot of problems.
The problems are lack of a defensive midfielder and mentality.
Everything links around a DM in a team. The CB's wouldn't be under as much pressure and most importantly Fabregas's form would improve because he doesn't seem himself without adequate support. Look back at last season and Fab's form was a direct result on us having an awesome start to the league.
Each team needs their superstar firing to be a title contender. Ronaldo was out of form for a while a few weeks ago but now he is firing and Man U look back to their best when he is. We need Cesc firing but I doubt he can replicate last seasons form without a DM next to him.
I understand it's not a definite solution and we would probably still be about where we are so maybe I'm being ignorant, but I'm not buying into this 'we need to spend 80m on Villa, Huntelaar, Richards.

Exactly my point, there are a lot more problems going on at the Emirates then just one player in a position. I think you still need another CB as well, but fixing yourselfs up off-field is also important. Things like getting Wenger to accept some blame, Adebayor to shut up now and again, and having a team of individuals turned into an individual team.

Wenger must bite the bullet and get Appiah...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow.

5-2 in Istanbul yet can't even put one past them at home.

Either way, there's a fair chance we'll get slaughtered this weekend. Starting team will probably be:

---------------Almunia---------------
----Sagna---Gallas---Silvestre---Clichy

------Diaby--Denilson--Fabregas------
--Walcott----------------------Nasri--
--------------Bendtner---------------

Whichever way you switch up the formation, move around players or whatever, we're ****ed. We were a long shot to beat them even with Adebayor and Van Persie in the team, but now it's just ridiculous. The gulf in quality when you compare Denilson and Diaby to Scholes and Carrick and Bendtner to Tevez or whoever is amazing really. It's also funny how a reject United centre half who couldn't make their squad is our best centre back at the moment.

Let's just hope United stop at 3.

Fabregas is having a shocker of a season.

Whats wrong with him?

At first the excuse was him being unfit or not playing in a more advanced position, whats the excuse this time?

Whats wrong with him?

At first the excuse was him being unfit or not playing in a more advanced position, whats the excuse this time?

You'd assume it's because we lack a solid defensive mid to partner and cover him. Last season Flamini sat in front of the back four, allowing Cesc to play with the freedom he thrives under - which is why he kept scoring goals at the beginning of the season. Denilson and Song are frankly terrible at the defensive midfield role, and particularly Denilson when partnered with Cesc gives us all kinds of problems (Denilson pushes forward, Fabregas doesn't have the space/freedom/support to do so, etc).

Exactly my point, there are a lot more problems going on at the Emirates then just one player in a position. I think you still need another CB as well, but fixing yourselfs up off-field is also important. Things like getting Wenger to accept some blame, Adebayor to shut up now and again, and having a team of individuals turned into an individual team.

Wenger must bite the bullet and get Appiah...

A good solid defensive midfielder would fix quite a bit imo. It would give Cesc more space and freedom as well as improve our defence - it would essentially improve our defensive and offensive game almost instantly.

Whats wrong with him?

fabregas isn't playing well because he has a shit hack as a partner. If he doesn't have someone who can play dm well (flamini), he has to play their position as well as his own. I hope wenger wakes up and realises that he has one of the best players in the world in his team and if he wants fabregas to be the player that he will be, he has to have someone who can actually defend next to him (not someone who gets to far forward and cannot cover the back four). i miss flamini. he isn't getting a game at ac milan, lets get him back ;). i hate denilson.

PendlePie, once again we are on the same page :D

btw, we need to play vela against united. our team should be this
---------------Almunia----------------
--sagna----toure----silvestre---clichy-
----------------song-----------------
--walcott-----fabregas------nasri-----
--------bendtner----vela-------------
with the team that united will play against us, we definitely need a pure defensive midfielder (not a hack who plays more like a striker than a defensive midfielder, denilson :().

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back