• YOOOOO

Votes: 34 29.3%
  • Conca

Votes: 19 16.4%
  • Why don't we have both?

Votes: 63 54.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

you would assume we'd be looking at players with turn of speed, even more so if we take sheed. Marsh is speculative though.

Anyway more then likely we take a WA prospect, wouldn't mind if we didn't tho. Am really keen on these two Vic boys;
James Tsitas; good skills, hard runner, hard as nail and intense, really good at contested ball and stoppages and just screams a 150+ game player.
Jarman Impey; Speed, skills and a maybe a motlop like prospect. Like him a lot.

Apparently Polec to Port is close to happening...

5:06pm: Speaking of young Lions looking to leave the club, former no. 5 pick Jared Polec has requested a move to Port Adelaide. His move may be close to happening with young Power midfielder Hamish Hartlett getting on the front foot and welcoming the South Australian-raised midfielder to the club.

Maybe this will hurry the Yeo deal along?

Mumford traded for early 3rd Rounder
White and Armstrong will only get a 3rd and 4th rounder !
On these trades early 3rd rounder for yeo about right !

Apparently Polec to Port is close to happening...

5:06pm: Speaking of young Lions looking to leave the club, former no. 5 pick Jared Polec has requested a move to Port Adelaide. His move may be close to happening with young Power midfielder Hamish Hartlett getting on the front foot and welcoming the South Australian-raised midfielder to the club.

Maybe this will hurry the Yeo deal along?

Wow the Lions are a mess at the moment. What the hell has happened at that place?

Which is why i say we play hardball and use pick 40 and keep pick 24 and pick 6!

Surely they can do some sort of trade to get pick 40 lower or add it with some other picks with a trade from another club.

Which is why i say we play hardball and use pick 40 and keep pick 24 and pick 6!

Surely they can do some sort of trade to get pick 40 lower or add it with some other picks with a trade from another club.
Problem is Freo want Yeo too so they could offer their second rounder and we have to better it with out own!

498ba.jpg

They dont need him though, they need a marking forward, so they will have to use their higher pick to get Gumbleton from Essendon, that means we should be able to pick up Yeo with 40.

that would work out even better for us. if freo are out of the running, we get a first round pick and two second round picks, and tell brisbane to EAD and offer them a PSD pick instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane need to remove our second rounder from there thought process if GWS can get away with giving a third rounder for Mumford and mooted to be fourth rounders for White and Armstrong.

I hope we play hard ball like we did to get Cripps from St. Kilda. They wanted Mitch Brown and we wouldn't give him. Ended up with Cripps for our third round selection IIRC.

Brisbane will fold early next week hopefully as they have other pressing issues with Longer, Docherty and Polec still requesting trades and we will get him with our third pick. Fingers crossed

His not worth giving up our second pick for and selection 6 shouldn't be on the table to give to Collingwood either.

Brisbane need to remove our second rounder from there thought process if GWS can get away with giving a third rounder for Mumford and mooted to be fourth rounders for White and Armstrong.

I hope we play hard ball like we did to get Cripps from St. Kilda. They wanted Mitch Brown and we wouldn't give him. Ended up with Cripps for our third round selection IIRC.

Brisbane will fold early next week hopefully as they have other pressing issues with Longer, Docherty and Polec still requesting trades and we will get him with our third pick. Fingers crossed

His not worth giving up our second pick for and selection 6 shouldn't be on the table to give to Collingwood either.

Oh yes he is, pick is now 28...again,you would have to get very lucky indeed to do better with 28 than Yeo.

Yeo is worth far better than 28...more like single digit... I don't think you guys realise what a gem you are getting here...the Lions will be a big loser no matter what pick is given.

Oh yes he is, pick is now 28...again,you would have to get very lucky indeed to do better with 28 than Yeo.

Yeo is worth far better than 28...more like single digit... I don't think you guys realise what a gem you are getting here...the Lions will be a big loser no matter what pick is given.

Let's stop arguing about picks for the moment.
What do you most like about him?

No, he isn't worth a top 10 pick. Pick 20-ish is around what he's worth.

The facts are that he's out of contract, wants to return to WA, and has nominated WC as his preferred destination. The ball is in our court.

Freo will likely give up their second rounder for Gumbleton, meaning their next pick is in the late 40's and behind our 3rd rounder, which they would offer to Brisbane if they want Yeo. So we can pinch Yeo for pick 43.

Mumford is such a different situation it isn't funny.

As for White and Armstrong - what currency do they actually have?

Let's stop arguing about picks for the moment.
What do you most like about him?

Speed to burn but lots have that...seems to extradite himself from tight crowded situations with ease time and time again..now this is rare but no surprise as he excelled in agility at the combine... these are the top 2 but also...hard at it...good game sense plus getting the ball and disposal skills first rate...as I said he is a gem and 27 senior games ahead of anybody drafted this year no matter what round.

The facts are that he's out of contract, wants to return to WA, and has nominated WC as his preferred destination. The ball is in our court.

Freo will likely give up their second rounder for Gumbleton, meaning their next pick is in the late 40's and behind our 3rd rounder, which they would offer to Brisbane if they want Yeo. So we can pinch Yeo for pick 43.

Time will tell...I didn't say what the Lions will get...I said he is worth a second rounder and more...your assessment is around 20 mine is nearer 10 and I think I can safely say I have seen more of Yeo than you... but of course we would not get that...you win some and lose some...we got Moloney last year as a free agent.

The Lions have had a lot of luck with WA boys over the years and are not afraid to draft from there...Yeo will be the first quality player from WA that they have lost since Des Headland in 2002 except for Mitch Clark...the doyen of them all retired today and it seems he will be staying on as an assistant coach...we are a team with just 5 home state players out of 39 on this year's senior list...a huge disadvantage...we have to live with it.

Time will tell...I didn't say what the Lions will get...I said he is worth a second rounder and more...your assessment is around 20 mine is nearer 10 and I think I can safely say I have seen more of Yeo than you... but of course we would not get that...you win some and lose some...we got Moloney last year as a free agent.

The Lions have had a lot of luck with WA boys over the years and are not afraid to draft from there...Yeo will be the first quality player from WA that they have lost since Des Headland in 2002 except for Mitch Clark...the doyen of them all retired today and it seems he will be staying on as an assistant coach...we are a team with just 5 home state players out of 39 on this year's senior list...a huge disadvantage...we have to live with it.
I live about an hour north of the Gabba and go to a fair few Lions games a year, also watch most games on tele, so I've seen quite a lot of him.

I really like him and was over the moon when I heard he wanted to go home. Throughout the year when I've watched him, I've thought to myself he's one player I would really like to see at West Coast. I always really liked Wellingham before he came here too, he was my favourite non-Eagle (no joke). So it's pretty funny how it's worked out this way.

As for his price-tag, I still see him being worth around the 20 mark, based on previous trade deals. But, IMO, draft picks are way overrated when compared to players. In that regard I could see him being worth a top 10 pick. But my assumption on his worth being in the 20's is, as I said, based on previous trades (e.g. Wellingham for pick 17, Ebert for pick 28, Monfries for pick 48, Caddy pick 55).

I live about an hour north of the Gabba and go to a fair few Lions games a year, also watch most games on tele, so I've seen quite a lot of him.

I really like him and was over the moon when I heard he wanted to go home. Throughout the year when I've watched him, I've thought to myself he's one player I would really like to see at West Coast. I always really liked Wellingham before he came here too, he was my favourite non-Eagle (no joke). So it's pretty funny how it's worked out this way.

As for his price-tag, I still see him being worth around the 20 mark, based on previous trade deals. But, IMO, draft picks are way overrated when compared to players. In that regard I could see him being worth a top 10 pick. But my assumption on his worth being in the 20's is, as I said, based on previous trades (e.g. Wellingham for pick 17, Ebert for pick 28, Monfries for pick 48, Caddy pick 55).

Well, just don't think you'd really like Rich at West Coast too. We can't afford to lose any more quality players! :p

I don't think that will be the case. It's hard to see us trading him for pick 43 in a weak draft. I'm not saying we will get pick 24, but I'd be surprised if you got him for anything less than a second rounder.

Mumford is such a different situation it isn't funny.

As for White and Armstrong - what currency do they actually have?

Your not wrong there. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

News UPDATE - Elliot Yeo now an Eagle

Back