Autopsy v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Fells kinda weird, we are like the reverse of every other team. We lose young player in Wardlaw and looks like there is no drive or effort on the field.

Lose a senior player and we do better. Play the kids. Walk the list cloggers out the door, start with that poor excuse for a co-captain and continuing example of nepotism, Luke McDonald...

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

- It doesn’t actually matter that you can one-on-one defend if you have sh*t for brains and give away faux-tough, pointless f*cking dumb-sh*t free kicks away.

Corr has been doing this all year. If that doesn’t happen, we continue to build scoreboard pressure. Corr goes along and pulls the pin on it. F*cking unforgivable. We need to find a way of transitioning away from McDonald and Corr over the next 12 months. They are killers.

- An insipid, piss-weak performance from the midfield “leaders”. Jy, LDU and Powell, hang your head in shame. Disgraceful. If there are fair offers for Powell, I’d pull the pin. Even up the list more.

The boys turned up, tried, but weren't quite right and they owe us nothing so today it was a case of..

iu

We'll be back. Elaine style, if thats what it takes.

The sooner we replace McDonald, corr, pink with some talented youth, the better because you can see a lot of the pieces are there but the talents not deep enough yet

Chom colossal, X very good and Sheez was decent. Tucker ok and I thought arch did a decent job

LDU, Simpkin, Larks really poor when we needed leadership from them

Controversial maybe:

Subbing Fisher off and moving Harry back was the right call.

The sooner we replace McDonald and Corr the better.

We need to acknowledge, LDU needd a guy like Wardlaw so he can be free to play a wider roll.

Simpkin is always first 22. But a HFF. His clearance disposal is shoddy at best.

Anyway, Veteren and Senior players with errors aplenty, as is always the tale of the tape. Corr with brainfarts, Mcdonald Mcdonalding, Tucker and Scott fluffing regulation kicks, Jy and LDU down. Larkey was pretty puss too, but given how ****ing awful the movement going forward was I really don't know how much to blame him. Oh, and Shiels mate, you're neither young nor a brute, never try a don't argue again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives:

Still signs of improvement
Kept loss to under 3 goals
Still didn't concede 100pts since the bye
Won contested ball
Never gave up
Our percentage now higher than Richmond

Negatives:

Larkey completely blanketed by Jones
In 2nd qtr some really dumb kicks and passes into our fwd 50
Umpires
LDU had a down day missed Wardlaw
To many slipped tackles

As expected, a much tougher day when we don't dominate the midfield. However even given all that, we only lost by 17. First half of the year Dogs go on to win by 10 goals, so that is progress.

Defenders were great, you could say Dogs had a lot of misses but a lot I thought was due to the pressure and competitiveness from our backs. Corr with some brain fades unfortunately. Expect more from one of our most senior players.

Not going to discuss changes yet, but it's good to see we have some players in the VFL that I think are 'upgrades' that shouldn't throw off structures too much. Will be interesting to see what we do.

Keen to see what we can do in some of the remaining games against lesser opposition.

A couple of initial thoughts:

Killed on the spread. George and Colby give us immediate foot speed while Stephens should start next week.

Happy to hear Sheez is going to focus on leg strength and acceleration in the pre season, his lack of speed is about his only chink.

The tag didn’t have an affect today on the game, will be interesting to see how we structure up when it isn’t as necessary.

Larkey is weak in the contest and until we find better contested marks forward, we won’t be able to make the most of our chances.

Bont was awesome, Smiley would be handy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's a little disappointing but it's hard to be too disappointed, we were competitive without really looking like we could win.

We were dominated in the middle by the Bont while LDU, Simpkin and Powell were a little quiet and our entries into the forward 50 were extremely poor, perhaps the worst for a month or two.

Our fourth quarter was good, but we couldn't manufacture the easy shots on goal to overcome the deficit.

Wardlaw was missed.

Disappointing, the Bulldogs weren’t that great and it was a low quality game. Defence crew was great, love Archer and Comben. Our decision-making and efforts from experienced players; beyond frustrating. Umpires cooked us at times too. But we just weren’t ‘on’ anyway.

Last edited:
I say this just once get Luke McDonald out of the team, is a footballer who cannot defend or create anything
Looking at him on the ground, he is basically playing without an opponent. When he goes near the ball, the best you can hope for is that when he can’t take possession and falls on the ball like he is playing in the 90s, it’s called a ball up.

The sooner we replace McDonald, corr, pink with some talented youth, the better because you can see a lot of the pieces are there but the talents not deep enough yet

Chom colossal, X very good and Sheez was decent. Tucker ok and I thought arch did a decent job

LDU, Simpkin, Larks really poor when we needed leadership from them
I think Corr is salvageable for the medium-long term. Definitely moreso than Silver at any rate. Pink is a stopgap and does some ok things, but he isn't the future.

Desperately hoping Logue is ready enough for AFL, because there is a ****ing VFL bye next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back