Autopsy v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the worst loss or in the top 10,000 worse losses this decade.

Several players such as Xerri, Comben, Dawson, Archer were good. Most battled manfully.

Entire forward setup is a mess. We are somewhat organised defensively and around stoppages compared to first half 2024.

But forward forays are pins in eyes stuff- kick to outnumbers, put it on blokes heads, pass it when we don't need to and of course there's the pick out the opposition defender special. Clean just half of that up and we're winning games.

The dogs are also so agile, we have a lot of flat footers who can't pivot and negate these types. When these flat footers also don't contribute anything offensively, we have a problem.

Taylor not watching play when it was kicked to him was only surpassed by Eddie Ford passing to a vastly inferior set shot option in Bailey Scott as WTF moments today.

For a while it looked like we were about to slide to a customary 70pt'er so I applaud our fight - and finesse at times- to the end.

Controversial maybe:

Subbing Fisher off and moving Harry back was the right call.

The sooner we replace McDonald and Corr the better.

We need to acknowledge, LDU needd a guy like Wardlaw so he can be free to play a wider roll.

Simpkin is always first 22. But a HFF. His clearance disposal is shoddy at best.
LDU just had a flat day. It happens. Unfortunately, it happened on the day Wardlaw was out against a team that required us to be on in the middle. The good news out of today’s game is that we continue to be competitive, even when we’re not on song. I have to say LMac, at times, sucks the life and soul out of our team. Corr always looks like he’s going to give away a 50 metre penalty. This is a pity because he does very well otherwise. We were vey flat overall but still managed to finish more strongly than the Dogs - like last week.
Our defence was heroic all day. Comben and Archer can really hold their heads up high. Once again, Jackson bounced back after a bad start. He is going to be a very good player.

Tucker had our most disposals (30) at 83% efficiency, 3rd highest fantasy points on the ground behind Bont & Xerri against a team which only beat us by under 3 goals who typically kill us.
Yea he had 6 turnovers but also 3 intercepts, and high number of possessions makes some turn overs inevitable playing against a strong side.
Hardly would call him bog but he’s a more than solid player and experienced getting close to his prime, the type of player we need. The hate is harsh today especially.

Just got home, on my break, got to see the last 7 minutes and dogs playing to save the game with 2 minutes left lol, if our midfield got smashed, forward line got smashed and back line got smashed and we got beat by 17 points and coming again at them in the last bit, that tells me we have got so much improvement in us its not funny, now teams can't put us away, they got a what 38 point lead early on but couldn't bury us, while its disappointing to lose, we are not getting slaughtered, we are going to get better, a lot better and a few different players in next year and "wow" there are so many poitives I can see its crazy!
Its a reasonable assesment tbh, apart from the backline who held up well defensively. The play making from the back half however is/ was pretty poor. Thats not entirely on them of course.

I have quite a few beefs with the umpires, but one incident in particular needs a please explain, late in the last Q, lest than 5 minutes left, Ford takes a mark near the boundary line, but the umpire didn't stop the clock while he spent nearly 30 seconds or more getting Eddie to move a little left, a little right, no, back a little left.................
Thats on ford mate, he shouldve known we needed to kick 3 goals in 3 minutes.

Poor awareness.

Thats on ford mate, he shouldve known we needed to kick 3 goals in 3 minutes.

Poor awareness.
Not Eddie's fault, the umpire wouldn't let him take his kick until he stopped pissin around setting the mark, the clock should have been stopped until he was satisfied it was corrrect and signalled time back on

Tucker had our most disposals (30) at 83% efficiency, 3rd highest fantasy points on the ground behind Bont & Xerri against a team which only beat us by under 3 goals who typically kill us.
Yea he had 6 turnovers but also 3 intercepts, and high number of possessions makes some turn overs inevitable playing against a strong side.
Hardly would call him bog but he’s a more than solid player and experienced getting close to his prime, the type of player we need. The hate is harsh today especially.
He was far from the worst, but he, Fisher and McDonald we've got 3 of the most one-sided players in the AFL down back.

He is a solid AFL player but not someone who will take us into finals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I say this just once get Luke McDonald out of the team, is a footballer who cannot defend or create anything
I couldn't agree more. His effort against Jamara (you all know the one) was symptomatic of his main problem. He can't do things that footballers need to do these days. He is the spuddiest spud of all spuds.

What a dumb dump kick to the boundary next to our point post in the last 5 minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The defence did well to keep them to just 11.11 from 56 entries and a lot of their midfield dominance. Under siege for long periods but stood up. Comben just keeps on intercepting. Dawson was good.

Got smashed at clearances 28-18 and in the midfield in general (except for Xerri) until the last quarter. Unable to hold tackles and defend the outside. Wardlaw is such a big loss. We looked slow in there.

Even though we defended well, we don't have the class to move it from defence. Tucker had 30 but with 6 turnovers and he just doesn't look dangerous with ball in hand. Also gets in trouble on his right side.

McDonald winding up and predictably skewing it in the last - how many times?

Uncompetitive at centre half forward in the air and on the ground for three quarters.

Poor games from most of our leaders but only lost by 17.
Let’s face it, LDU might as well have not laced up his boots today. He was every bit as absent as Wardlaw. That’s, actually, good news for us. Given those circumstances, we really dug in well.

Wonder what role TP was given.

Wish TP and Sheez had an extra yard of pace. Hope they understand it's somewhat trainable, if I've read knowledgeable posters here correctly.

I have quite a few beefs with the umpires, but one incident in particular needs a please explain, late in the last Q, lest than 5 minutes left, Ford takes a mark near the boundary line, but the umpire didn't stop the clock while he spent nearly 30 seconds or more getting Eddie to move a little left, a little right, no, back a little left.................
My main issue was it seemed like two rules for how much time each team had before a tackle for holding the ball early on. Granted more of our guys tried to break tackles than their guys did, its become far more dangerous to attempt it.

Frustrating at times as we made mistakes and fell off the pace, but big picture even if it’s a few steps back from where we’ve been a lot of the past few weeks, it’s a massive improvement on most of what we’ve been watching for the past two-three seasons.

Not the worst loss or in the top 10,000 worse losses this decade.

Several players such as Xerri, Comben, Dawson, Archer were good. Most battled manfully.

Entire forward setup is a mess. We are somewhat organised defensively and around stoppages compared to first half 2024.

But forward forays are pins in eyes stuff- kick to outnumbers, put it on blokes heads, pass it when we don't need to and of course there's the pick out the opposition defender special. Clean just half of that up and we're winning games.

The dogs are also so agile, we have a lot of flat footers who can't pivot and negate these types. When these flat footers also don't contribute anything offensively, we have a problem.

Taylor not watching play when it was kicked to him was only surpassed by Eddie Ford passing to a vastly inferior set shot option in Bailey Scott as WTF moments today.

For a while it looked like we were about to slide to a customary 70pt'er so I applaud our fight - and finesse at times- to the end.
It stuck out like dogs nuts how better connected they are.

They effectively turn defence into attack. And the back to mid then mid to attack connection significantly better and more well drilled.

Our pattern of long down the line to a contest so easily countered.

We’re not what we want to be and that showed. Pretty straightforward win for the dogs in the end.

They knew they could beat us and we knew they could beat us and it is how it played out.

We get next week to show whether it’s no Wardlaw no North. Right now him not being there was a significant difference in belief.

Also, where are our brains when Stephens comes on and immediately sets up a shot at goal then we don't use him again?

Dogs smashed us in the middle but we're our own worst enemy most of the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back