Autopsy v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Today the better team won, notwithstanding the pathological flopping about. But bring in Hardeman and McKercher and Wardlaw and Logue, then suddenly it is very easy to imagine the curse against our bogeyman will be decisively broken as soon as later this year.
Well said.

The way dogs players were able to work back out of our forward line fairly easily is hopefully something we pick apart and in part emulate as we develop.

They got a nice umpire massage but their sidestepping, run and use across the average 22 would've given us a headache regardless.

Fwiw Tucker has improved his disposal quite a bit. He's quite a handy 'do a job for the team' type now.

Not saying he's 10/10 either but feel like a lot more of his disposal comes off now, may be due to teammates running to link up better too.
Tucker is a solid role player, but when he's handling the ball 30x a game, it's easy to see we aren't attacking the corridor anywhere near the amount we should be...

We look slow, unskilled, and disorganised when we are running the ball slow down the wings, and that's why the games was a snoozefest.

I'd rather lose by 45 points playing an attacking brand of ball. Today was horrible football.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out we had the flu or something going through the club this week. Energy and effort seemed low on a cold day in Melbourne

Disappointing game. We lacked the flair of previous weeks but continue to have a crack. I would have given anything to just be competitive before the bye. We are there now.

Don’t want to pile on Lmac, but we have to move on. Dont know value he provides with his heart and soul attitude, but hard to think it outweighs the upside of someone like Bergman or Logue replacing him. Difficult decision for the coaching staff, as the shambles of a backline is starting to look really good.

Love Comben and Archer. What finds! Corr is a moron, but solid, and I think Fisher is energetic and creative.

Overall, that game wasn’t a step backwards. Even when we were getting beaten badly in the 1st, our pressure rating was off the charts. The boys have bought in since the bye and consistent effort is the hardest ingredient.

Ps worst moment of the day was Sheezel giving it off to Lmac for an inside 50 🤦🏻‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bevo is basically devastated in his presser such is his disrespect towards our Club.

Cannot wait until we go past these jerks - never liked them when they used to smack us in early Brad Scott years and that arrogance never left them.

I will add them to the list of receipts I am going to enjoy collecting in the next couple of years.

Gee a tad harsh the OP.
I thought we played with energy and didn’t give up.
Our talls in the fwd line copped a hiding but Ford, Zurhaar and Curtis all looked lively.

Remember that pre season game they played all their talls and smashed us. They didn’t today. Corr makes mistakes that frustrate plenty around here but geez he was solid.

Comben is a gun I look fwd to Logues return.

Dawson gee he stuck to his task amd like shit to a blanket on his opponent.

Archie battled and gave his all.

Midfield had our moments. Xerri monster English and how was his marking oh boy.

Much to love plenty to frustrate but at days end we didn’t lose face today.
Yeah, thought we were ok. Beaten by a better team. It's going to happen.

To compare today with earlier on the season...yeah nah.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Gee a tad harsh the OP.
I thought we played with energy and didn’t give up.
Our talls in the fwd line copped a hiding but Ford, Zurhaar and Curtis all looked lively.

Remember that pre season game they played all their talls and smashed us. They didn’t today. Corr makes mistakes that frustrate plenty around here but geez he was solid.

Comben is a gun I look fwd to Logues return.

Dawson gee he stuck to his task amd like shit to a blanket on his opponent.

Archie battled and gave his all.

Midfield had our moments. Xerri monster English and how was his marking oh boy.

Much to love plenty to frustrate but at days end we didn’t lose face today.
Oh, and it's going to be glorious very soon..

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Comben, Archer & Dawson all had their moments in the backline.

Charlie grows every week; after 1/2 season is the backline commander (on tv). Beginning to impose. Reads the ball in the air like a well-thumbed 1980's dentist's Reader's Digest. Great hands. Loves the contest; hits the pack hard and always up for a crunching tackle. Has a very good low and hard foot pass. Can only improve. Handsome. Modest. Generous.

Couldn't help but remember Arch Snr in his first few seasons when his lad, young Jacko, was in close up after the game. Same attitude, same less-than-imposing physique. Difference is the bigger frame and longer limbs on the young'un. Hang some muscles on Jacko and d:cks like Weightman won't be laughing.

Comms bemoaned JUH's dropped marks, but much to do with Dawson's heroic body work, especially when out of position. Cool with the ball.

With Will Dawson, Goater, Logue and the forgotten-but classy Funky Bergman in the wings....

Not sure how to feel, kind of felt like it was coming but back to the old north
was a bit of both in the end, 1st and 4th quarter is new north. 2nd and 3rd is something we’ve seen a million times.

umpires were really poor, corr didn’t help our case at all though!

Just got home. Was shocked that my North supporter wife thought that the umpiring looked fair and square.

Shocked.

I don't see how that could be possible.

Fair to say that North were somewhat outclassed (clearly beaten in several positions - I won't argue with that) but really, did the umpiring look OK on TV?

It looked extremely unbalanced in the flesh (and in some of the replays on the scoreboard).

Just got home. Was shocked that my North supporter wife thought that the umpiring looked fair and square.

Shocked.

I don't see how that could be possible.

Fair to say that North were somewhat outclassed (clearly beaten in several positions - I won't argue with that) but really, did the umpiring look OK on TV?

It looked extremely unbalanced in the flesh (and in some of the replays on the scoreboard).

Time to start divorce precedings if she's thinking that... ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back