Autopsy v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

At some stage later this season we need to bring in Hardeman, W. Dawson, Bergman and a couple of other youngsters. Time for McDonald and Corr to step aside as the game is past them as shown by McDonalds just kick it high attitude and Corr lack of restraint causing frees and 50 mtr penalties.
We should have lost this game by around 7 goals but our backline led by Chom, dawson and Archer stopped that from happening.
Xerri is improving every week he plays and l am liking the way Ford is improving also.
Our mids got belted and we have to stop being Larkey conscious.
Our players have to stop being like bees to honey at stoppages and stay on their players who stay out of the contests.
There was 1 time today where we had 3 players by themselves filling in the gaps, so the bulldogs went backwards and across the other side of the ground unopposed and score a goal.
We are getting better and while its hard watching us lose at least we are not the easy beats of other years.

Better than previous years against the dogs and was glad to see us stick it out until the end.

I like Tucker, he’s a solid role player but we won’t win many games with him leading our disposals.

Sheezel is just outstanding. Needs a couple more mates though.

Kerch 26 and 2 in the VFL, Duursma and Logue also to come in. George back in in a few weeks. Plenty to be excited about.

Disappointing last few minutes by Ford, which underlined his fragility. If he had shown the same confidence as Curtis, he could have nailed both his opportunities. That have brought us back to within 9 points of a faltering Dogs - with a few minutes to go.
Ford's finishing needs to get better, but he'd be one of the last people I'd be complaining about. Provided more opportunities, he'll be a ball tearer.

Harsh on Corr I reckon. Yes he has brain fades, but given the sheer amount of entries the backline are dealing with not many mid-tier defenders are going to escape without issues - and he puts his body on the line along with comben contest after contest... it would take it out of any player. Don't mind him as part of our back 6 right now.

For all the shit our defense has copped about not having enough decent players back there (they've been great the last couple weeks), our Forwards and scoring from the Midfield have really flown under the radar and deserve some heat.

We're not going to win games when we kick scores so low that the scorer legitimately considers not bringing a 3rd set of numbers for our side of the scoreboard.

We need to start putting up bigger numbers, and that in turn will make it easier for our defense because they're not defending such low scores.

For all the shit our defense has copped about not having enough decent players back there (they've been great the last couple weeks), our Forwards and scoring from the Midfield have really flown under the radar and deserve some heat.

We're not going to win games when we kick scores so low that the scorer legitimately considers not bringing a 3rd set of numbers for our side of the scoreboard.

We need to start putting up bigger numbers, and that in turn will make it easier for our defense because they're not defending such low scores.

Yep

Most teams have figured out the Larkey one trick pony game plan

Harsh on Corr I reckon. Yes he has brain fades, but given the sheer amount of entries the backline are dealing with not many mid-tier defenders are going to escape without issues - and he puts his body on the line along with comben contest after contest... it would take it out of any player. Don't mind him as part of our back 6 right now.
And to reiterate for the millionth time.

Playing a role he was never recruited for.

Should be 3rd fiddle, and he's basically first or second in most games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was there today and from what I saw we missed Wardlaw immensely, it’s crazy how much we rely on him already but we do. The midfield copped a hiding - Powell does not like the contest, Jy was ordinary, LDU went missing and needed George out there so he could do his thing. I’m sick of talking about McDonald and Corr and how they crush any chance we have every week. The sooner they are gone the better. Our wingers just don’t hurt the opposition. Bring back Schwatta. Our forward line didn’t have a great day - back yourself Eddie next time please. Comben was a shining light down back, Arch good again and Sheez is just all class. Despite all that we lost by 3 goals. Not too upset

Last edited:
Our strength of the last few weeks, the contested stuff around the midfield, was nullified yet we were still close enough to be in it towards the end. I thought the backline did a very good job as a unit to keep us close enough when they were dominating during the middle of the game. The dogs are a very good unit when up and about and structurally they were on when out of possession, so restricted our movement.

Overall a reasonably positive performance considering the talent not playing and the not-much talent of our bottom 6.

To the Corr defenders. Yes, hes playing a role he wasn't recuited for. Yes, he (for the most part) accounts well for himself.

None of that excuses the multiple times in multiple games he has killed momentum with flat out, braindead acts. Especially in the last minute of quarters.

Today was inexcusable. Blind Freddy sees that Weightman is going to flop. Just so dumb. From a "leader". Without giving away that free we were heading into the last on a march.

I like Corr but he frustrates the hell out of me. Until he stops doing it, he is a massive part of the problem.

I will reinforce one point though.
Corr and lmac can both **** off, I’ve had enough.

Oh and baileys disposal, come on wtf!

No Wardlaw = No LDU?

Thought our defence battled hard under immense pressure for a lot of the game. Comben, Dawson and Arch were really good today.

Sheez huge in the last. Liked Ford again today, was a little more consistent across all quarters, presented well, took some good contested marks and hit the scoreboard.

We were a little conservative today moving the ball out of defence. Dogs structured well and forced us up the line more than we wanted. Good for the team to experience this and hopefully work on how to combat it for next time. Needed a little more zip off half back, McKercher hopefully can add something if he comes in next week.

Thought Fisher was an interesting tactical sub, was not expecting that. But Sheez gave us a little more class and drive when he swapped back there.

Credit to the fans who rocked up too. We were loud early and although that was about it I reckon if we got closer it would've been the 19th man for us.
I attempted to do some post mortem discussion on the train but struggled to speak. Voice is only partially back now.

I don't think I had anything left after the 3 minute mark of Q4.

I might bring a bottle of Vicks formula 44C to get me through the match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back