Autopsy v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

So have I. I felt for Bailey earlier this year when he was being played out of position but honestly his kicking is woeful. Cost us late in the last too when he couldn’t make a contest of it.
I reckon bailey scott would get in a weird dirty van at the park if some strange guy offered him lollies …..unbelievable to me how many times he gets stepped in a tackle attempt.

Frustrating at times as we made mistakes and fell off the pace, but big picture even if it’s a few steps back from where we’ve been a lot of the past few weeks, it’s a massive improvement on most of what we’ve been watching for the past two-three seasons.
Agree and we also need to keep in mind Collingwood had a number of good players out and the Dees aren’t flying so all relative.

We’re competitive and not getting blown off the park so it’s definitely an improvement and we’ve got some excellent young talent.

Honestly I was expecting to lose by about 6 goals today with all the Dogs quality ins so I think we did pretty well all things considered.

I reckon bailey scott would get in a weird dirty van at the park if some strange guy offered him lollies …..unbelievable to me how many times he gets stepped in a tackle attempt.
I'd pay to see the stats, well maybe not. I reckon LDU gets steppped just as often and he's just as likely to hit Lou's target by foot. And I'll add, i think LDU's kicks are an average under similar pressure to Scott's

The 2nd half, how many fast breaks did we start vs how many did we finish with a score. I sense it was lower as a % than recent games. Have we prioritised lower scoring/defensive setups over attitude and running patterns that promote scoring... and also maybe when given the opportunity, our poor kicking?

I must have been watching a different game to others, I thought Tucker was poor. I don't know what he offers? Just seems a very average ordinary footballer. Doesn't have the pace to play on the wing, doesn't have the smarts to play defence, decision making not great, slow to execute..
The fact he had 30D and I can remember 1, maybe 2 of them, probably says a lot about his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a little slow as I am unable to work out what that one trick actually is.

I haven't been too positive towards Larkey over the last couple of months and I thought today was right up there with the worst of his performances. At one stage in Q3 his opponent jumped on his back to attempt a mark (legitimately). Larkey complained to the umpire, gesturing a push and then complained to his opponent as if that might have won him an apology. It probably gave every western bullflogs player a laugh. And rightly so.

He gets some poor delivery at times and he is genuinely scragged but his complaints aren't always reasonable. I don't want him to be compared to that gutless flopper who played for the other team today.

The one trick is that he becomes our sole focus

Eliminate his influence and then it’s Kangalotto as to who steps up which more often than not is a rebounding defender

We don’t appear to be able to adjust mid game when we have interceptions cutting off Larkey

I must have been watching a different game to others, I thought Tucker was poor. I don't know what he offers? Just seems a very average ordinary footballer. Doesn't have the pace to play on the wing, doesn't have the smarts to play defence, decision making not great, slow to execute..
You appear to have been watching the same game as me.

At the ground it’s quite clear our improvement has come from a sound team structure when we don’t have the footy.

I thought we maintained this for close to 4qtrs besides a patch in the 2nd quarter where the dogs were dominant.

We lacked the individual performances to hurt the Dogs and to keep them accountable. They were too clean and overall too polished for us, making responsible decisions when moving the ball. When we were able to cause a turnover that’s when we looked dangerous on the attack. The dogs were very patient in that regard and didn’t kick to a contest much at all.

But like I said, in a game where so many of our players were down on form our structures held up and meant we only lost by 17 which is quite promising when looking ahead at the big picture.

I don’t think he was poor but generally agree with the sentiment on decision making (and disposal).

But can’t underplay 30 possessions and he has shown some composure since going back. He is a seasoned runner with a strong body. Which we need for now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back