Autopsy v the rubber head bands

Remove this Banner Ad

Larkey has to step up. Actually lead to the ball and act like the power forward he is.

Key players are woefully out of form.

Midfield is Jekyll and Hyde. Jy, Wardlaw, Powell and (outside of three ripping tackles) Phillips were very poor.

The backs were out of touch as well.

The only positive is that X continues to rip through the opposition like a monster.

l would like to see a game without Zuurhar playing. For what we are epected to pay for him staying l would rather use it to keep our younger players. He is a hit and miss player and no longer the impact player of years gone by....

I’d cut him loose and spend the cash elsewhere in a second. He ain’t worth it.

To be +14 for contested possession, have 77 tackles and win the clearances (albeit just) is a big improvement on anything we served up in the first half of the year.

However, to state the obvious, our ball use was poor. So many good opportunities to score squandered through poor decisions making or execution. 79 turnovers - hard to watch. As Kingy highlighted during the week, we're ranked 18th for scores from stoppages. We just waste opportunity after opportunity and it takes its toll. Sheezel being the exception.

Part of the responsibility has to also lie with our forwards who rarely create separation and our lack of a class small forward or two to help Paul Curtis out.

Last edited:
Larkey has to step up. Actually lead to the ball and act like the power forward he is.

Key players are woefully out of form.

Midfield is Jekyll and Hyde. Jy, Wardlaw, Powell and (outside of three ripping tackles) Phillips were very poor.

The backs were out of touch as well.

The only positive is that X continues to rip through the opposition like a monster.
But he isnt a power fwd.

Part of the responsibility has to also lie with our forwards who rarely create separation and our lack of a class small forward or two to help Paul Curtis out.
Well maybe if the Ironsteins who have been managing the list put some effort into filling this hole over the last decade had done their job....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're playing much better football if you're watching the games
We are playing patches of better football. Unquestionably. But what has it meant? Narrow wins over a floundering WC and a GC team that can't win away.
We also showed good signs under Noble in his first year, best wooden spooner ever IIRC, and where did that go?
Until we start getting results flashes of good footy are just a tease.

Get Toby back in there. He works with the other talls way better than Teakle.
Teaks has the height over him, but he's essentially non-competitive in ruck. You could even give Charlie 5 minutes in the ruck and park him a kick behind the ball.

We are playing patches of better football. Unquestionably. But what has it meant? Narrow wins over a floundering WC and a GC team that can't win away.
We also showed good signs under Noble in his first year, best wooden spooner ever IIRC, and where did that go?
Until we start getting results flashes of good footy are just a tease.

This.

I’m not sold on specks of brilliance followed by them being cancelled out with the same old problems. Which are worse than ever.

Are we serious as a football club?

Problem is no one wants to come and play at North. We're not a destination club, so we'll just keep going around in circles.

We are the laughing stock of the comp and Opp supporters.

I need another drink 🍸😩

Problem is no one wants to come and play at North. We're not a destination club, so we'll just keep going around in circles.

We are the laughing stock of the comp and Opp supporters.

I need another drink 🍸😩

Everyone was telling me through the week that we’d beat Geelong. I laughed and said it would be another loss with “some good signs”. If every team was as easy to predict as ours, tipping competitions wouldn’t exist.

Come back after you cool off. We’re going to slaughter these shit teams in the very near future
I hope you're right, but how can you be certain of that? As it stands we can barely beat anyone?
Sheezel is a gun, Wardlaw is promising. McKercher is promising.
LDU would be elite if he could use it better.
Xerri has really stepped up. Comben been pretty good.
Larkey is solid. Archer has showed some signs.
Curtis has talent but not yet a reliable factor. Logue should be solid for coming years.
After that, it's generally plodders.
There are still a lot of holes to fill before we start beating teams IMO.

You really notice the way Geelong see an open, unstructured field ahead of them and they don't wait, they move it quickly and exploit the lack of setup. Professional strategic footy. Too often we do the opposite, players take a mark and play David Noble footy, waiting way too long for the opposition to set up behind them, blast it long to a contest, absolutely no advantage to us unless X or Chom can pull out a miracle contested mark. We die by the sword all the time, we should try living by it for a change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy v the rubber head bands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back