VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

A few players/clubs in the lower grades/thirds could be in for a shock tomorrow, with the byes in the higher grades 1 or 2 VAFA umpires have been allocated to most matches. The usual bias they are accustomed too may not be evident ;)

A number of umps doing the 9:20 and 2 pm double up as well.

A few players/clubs in the lower grades/thirds could be in for a shock tomorrow, with the byes in the higher grades 1 or 2 VAFA umpires have been allocated to most matches. The usual bias they are accustomed too may not be evident ;)

A number of umps doing the 9:20 and 2 pm double up as well.
Ironically the only game that doesn't have an appointed umpire is the top of the table clash in D3 south!

Hahaha - Didn't see that.

Surely with the volume of forfeits lately that game would get at least one umpire.
I'd be surprised if there are forfeits. Most of the sides with thirds are either premier clubs or clubs with an under 19's bye this week! Or both.

I'd be surprised if there are forfeits. Most of the sides with thirds are either premier clubs or clubs with an under 19's bye this week! Or both.

Just the 1 forfeit, a Prem B team no less.

I got to watch a thirds game on the weekend that featured 3 field umpires. Not surprisingly they got in each others way and felt the need to overrule each other when not in direct control.

I will take my hat off to the youngest of the umpires who tried a bounce to kick off the final quarter, had to be called back but wasn't a bad attempt.

Canteen watch , well done to Prahran $8 Ham and Salad rolls , only $7 cheaper than Kew

Might be a permanent fixture, I hear they are keen to stay at DW Lucas even when Toorak Park is fully completed. I understand a sewage leak resulted in the game being moved next door.

Some of the best social rooms in local football/cricket.

Might be a permanent fixture, I hear they are keen to stay at DW Lucas even when Toorak Park is fully completed. I understand a sewage leak resulted in the game being moved next door.

Some of the best social rooms in local football/cricket.
Yes it was moved , even without the sewage it was shocking .
They will go to TP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BOX HILL booked by VAFA for finals
Best ground I have played at in the VAFA - and by some way. Scintillating surface.

On another note, will Thirds first finals be at the home ground of the higher placed team? Is that how it works?

They haven't announced it
Bedders with the inside scoop! It will be pretty tough to get VFL grounds this year with higher ranked teams hosting the first three weeks of finals. Should be about to get either Coburg or Casey as they won’t be in finals. Sandy look like they’re a chance this year and Box Hill are looking highly likely to make it so strange the VAFA already have them locked in. Wonder if Victoria Park is a chance? Do the Pies still play VFL games there?

Bedders with the inside scoop! It will be pretty tough to get VFL grounds this year with higher ranked teams hosting the first three weeks of finals. Should be about to get either Coburg or Casey as they won’t be in finals. Sandy look like they’re a chance this year and Box Hill are looking highly likely to make it so strange the VAFA already have them locked in. Wonder if Victoria Park is a chance? Do the Pies still play VFL games there?
VP game got moved the other day . My info came from what's getting renovated for cricket season and BH will be delayed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back