A Section VAFA Premier 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, possibly, could be, perhaps.....due to your "Big" reference.

Unless, of course, you're referring to body parts unfamiliar to most here.:eek:

Certainly unfamiliar to me.
Briza is not bad at calling out. I will wear it.

15AVwBB.jpg

Good recruiting a farce?
Maplebet punters have been all over Wesley in recent weeks. It seems like a very smart money trail.
Keep punting!

Vermont not known for being shy when it comes to splashing money around. They are a well-run, well resourced, cashed up, successful club. While it may well be coincidence, with 3 players now leaving the EFL purples for the VAFA purples I can understand why Bedford is a bit sceptical.

Vermont not known for being shy when it comes to splashing money around. They are a well-run, well resourced, cashed up, successful club. While it may well be coincidence, with 3 players now leaving the EFL purples for the VAFA purples I can understand why Bedford is a bit sceptical.

I still don't get it?
Sceptical of what?
Issues at Vermont. What's this got to do with Collegians??

FWIW it might ruin their culture going the buy in route........

Ong, Cassidy, Ferguson all old boys that wanted to return and play with their mates. Dixon played with Colls last year, enjoyed it, and has mates at the club. Culture is up there with the best in the VAFA and new recruits will only add to it. Speculation about anything sinister should stop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ong, Cassidy, Ferguson all old boys that wanted to return and play with their mates. Dixon played with Colls last year, enjoyed it, and has mates at the club. Culture is up there with the best in the VAFA and new recruits will only add to it. Speculation about anything sinister should stop.

Should but wont.

Cassidy also mates with the 2 Vermont guys.

For the love of the game gentlemen.
Mateship over wallets.
Career pathways over wallets.
We all have a lot to be proud of.
All of us.

Will be a great year next year, Kenny Ong and Ferguson will be super players at this level, however they won't enjoy playing on the mud heap that the Trott can become in mid winter.

Will be a great year next year, Kenny Ong and Ferguson will be super players at this level, however they won't enjoy playing on the mud heap that the Trott can become in mid winter.

No more so than most grounds that get a heap of rain in a hurry.. Toorak Park, Uni's, etc.. Coming off a VCA season of loving and caring.

it's becoming a farce.

Generally speaking, you’d fairly much need to be caught with a smoking gun to be collared by the present VAFA enforcement set-up.

I’m not convinced amateur clubs should be permitted to be pseudo employment agencies either. It gives the rich and well connected clubs a significant advantage which goes a long way to perpetuating the present arrangement whereby we broadly see the same array of clubs making up the two top divisions year after year. Throw in that it’s incredibly difficult to properly monitor. Even if we had a well resourced enforcement system, which we don’t,

Nor am I convinced about the current points system. As time goes by I'm more attracted to the ‘Maxie’ system whereby around 30 points is the maxy-mum permitted.

I’m not even sure the VAFA is all that fussed these days about the move away from a purer form of amateurism, to be candid.

No doubt we'll get the usual palaver from those who benefit from the current loose system. You know, that every club has the capacity to do it. Why inhibit the rich and well connected. All the vacuous bs that comes as a consequence of an evener playing field not being in their interests.

Thought I’d go out with a bang rather than a whimper.;)

To all with religious beliefs, relish this time of year. For the rest of us, have an enjoyable festivus.

A “Signing off for 2017” M

Generally speaking, you’d fairly much need to be caught with a smoking gun to be collared by the present VAFA enforcement set-up.

I’m not convinced amateur clubs should be permitted to be pseudo employment agencies either. It gives the rich and well connected clubs a significant advantage which goes a long way to perpetuating the present arrangement whereby we broadly see the same array of clubs making up the two top divisions year after year. Throw in that it’s incredibly difficult to properly monitor. Even if we had a well resourced enforcement system, which we don’t,

Nor am I convinced about the current points system. As time goes by I'm more attracted to the ‘Maxie’ system whereby around 30 points is the maxy-mum permitted.

I’m not even sure the VAFA is all that fussed these days about the move away from a purer form of amateurism, to be candid.

No doubt we'll get the usual palaver from those who benefit from the current loose system. You know, that every club has the capacity to do it. Why inhibit the rich and well connected. All the vacuous bs that comes as a consequence of an evener playing field not being in their interests.

Thought I’d go out with a bang rather than a whimper.;)

To all with religious beliefs, relish this time of year. For the rest of us, have an enjoyable festivus.

A “Signing off for 2017” M

I tend to agree. There is no doubt that the Melbourne uni and APS clubs have the networks, contacts and reach that is well beyond most clubs. However, you still must work hard to pull it off. Haileybury and Caulfield Grammar are two of the biggest and I guess most ‘prestigious’ schools in the state. They are also probably the two most renowned for handing out sporting scholarships. However, they are wallowing in C grade while other school based clubs from more humble origins regularly appear in the top sections.

Employment inducements have been going on forever – it’s just that it has now gone to another level. Loyalty and opportunity to play with mates in a good comp is the motivator for most to play in the VAFA but if we did not have some means to entice elite talent and outsiders I fear the standard would go south very rapidly.

Agree re points. 30 – 35 should be all that is required for an Old Boys club. District clubs, particularly those without a direct junior should be allowed a bit more leeway.

Can someone please tell me why st kelvins have signed Mark Jamar when they have Dylan Jones and Lachlan Nankervis? Not a bad signing on paper but i think the two mentioned above will have a bigger impact at FF and Ruck respectively.

Can someone please tell me why st kelvins have signed Mark Jamar when they have Dylan Jones and Lachlan Nankervis? Not a bad signing on paper but i think the two mentioned above will have a bigger impact at FF and Ruck respectively.

I'd say they have Jamar just in case the big Tank Nankervis breaks down.

Sad to see Sholly go. A bit like John Howard as PM...he made things happen and will be remembered forever. A visionary. A dealer and a closer. A man of character and a great leader. Well done and enjoy your next chapter.

However, they are wallowing in C grade while other school based clubs from more humble origins regularly appear in the top sections.

Easy up on the wallowing in C Grade. Good football with like minded clubs. Not everyone can play in A Grade, but these clubs are just as well run, just don't have the pulling power/school networks to maintain the standards of the higher grades.

Max "Merry C Grade to all" Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back