A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure they will cope Chazz. They seem a fairly resilient group.
I’m hearing they are running around with about 18 x 1 pointers most weeks.
It’s like a school reunion most games.
Change rooms chock full of old school blazers..

yeah just not their school blazers!

Did the VAFA ever make a ruling on the claims Xavs exceed the points cap in their match against De La earlier in the year? Or was no official response ever published or made?

I'm happy to let sleeping dogs lie, and may have missed it posted by another user. Only reason I'm asking is that someone asked me over the weekend and I didn't know.

Big round this one for that 4th position.....If Trinity lose to Blues then a De La win or loss doesn't matter interestingly with them playing each other next weekend....none the less I reckon De La have a huge chance of knocking over the paddling Collegians team that can't score on Saturday as their squad last weekend looked a lot more healthy and I assume they'll welcome back Brodie McLaughlin and Sam Masterton from the VFL and maybe Sammy Williams from injury...I'll begin my tipping this weekend with them in an upset result to end a disappointing Lions season....

De La by 13 points
Old Brighton by 10 points in the swamp down at Brighton Beach
Uni Blues by 26 points
St Kevin's by 70 points
OM's by 23 points

2nd edition of the Player Takeover Podcast with Tom Caven & Connor Lappin this week!

Who'd be winning the Woodrow right now? Lappo reckons Gus Borthwick.

Plenty on the agenda, how good for Tommy Jok!! Hope he goes well!!

2nd edition of the Player Takeover Podcast with Tom Caven & Connor Lappin this week!

Who'd be winning the Woodrow right now? Lappo reckons Gus Borthwick.

Plenty on the agenda, how good for Tommy Jok!! Hope he goes well!!

I think Ayce and O’Shea will be right up there. Big love always for big names.

Did the VAFA ever make a ruling on the claims Xavs exceed the points cap in their match against De La earlier in the year? Or was no official response ever published or made?

I'm happy to let sleeping dogs lie, and may have missed it posted by another user. Only reason I'm asking is that someone asked me over the weekend and I didn't know.

Handed down yesterday - Xavs let off!!! See attached FYI

Attachments

• VAFA OXFC PPA finding.pdf
    100.3 KB · Views: 300
Handed down yesterday - Xavs let off!!! See attached FYI
Blaming their own website. Lol.

No responsibility taken anywhere by anyone at HQ of course.

Don't spend any money on the main communication platform for the whole vafa and administration of it, just keep spending thousands on BigV junkets and merchandise for employees.

Wake up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first taste of the league. All that money and Brighton plays on a cow paddock.
Any idea how much a player like Jordan Kelly is on ?
Didn't realise jason Holmes turned into a lamp pole since he got delisted ..

View attachment 733081

And in a masterpiece of self-flagellation, Hippster changed 5 tips to a 3. I'm reminded of playing some old text-adventure game 35 years ago, pulling a boneheaded move and being greeted with
Spock: That was not logical, Captain.

Not a great move...but I had to go opposite to the wonderful woger to try and win. That 5 would have had me still 3 behind with only 1 round left. So I blame the teams who didn’t register upset wins..👻

My first taste of the league. All that money and Brighton plays on a cow paddock.
Any idea how much a player like Jordan Kelly is on ?
Didn't realise jason Holmes turned into a lamp pole since he got delisted ..

It’s a shocker of a ground.
He’d be in $0 like everyone.
Holmes has had a great few years. Amazing. But didnt see yesterday. I’m guessing like his teammates he may have been a little off. ‘We have the double chance already’ blues is a common condition late in the season for leading teams.

Next week shaping up to be quite tense. Relegation battle between De La and Trinity, whilst Collegians must win against the X-Men at the Orrong to play finals (assuming Brighton beat Carey). It’s certainly all happening. FTLOTG.

45/

It’s beyond big now. It’s frickin huge!
Brighton will beat Carey, so it’s the big game at Orrong for the finals push.
Xavs won’t want to lose two in a row heading into finals. They will also get a fair rev up from the coach. Players will be wanting to play in the main second semi not the ressies...so I think we will see a different drop of Claret and Stout next week. 70/30 X-Mens way. But an upset is a real possibility.
I think the 22 who run out for Trinity will be better (on paper) than the 22 who run out for De La. But it’s at the famous bell. Ding Dong Ring Ding this is going to be a ring dinger affair and i think the home team in front of their faithful fans will prevail.
Can’t wait..FTLOTG!

Holmes has had a great few years. Amazing. But didnt see yesterday. I’m guessing like his teammates he may have been a little off. ‘We have the double chance already’ blues is a common condition late in the season for leading teams.
We love the fact people hate coming to BBO. However if you ever had to deal with the council you'd understand we've been fighting hard to get it fixed after they stuffed it up a few years back and have admitted you it.

I thought I saw you there Hip Hip. That false tache and Mokbel wig was a bit of a giveaway.

Anyhoo, don't get sucked-in by the pop-up poster, the ground was no better or no worse than your beloved Trak park. As for Holmes performance, give some credit to the opposition coach who is in a rich vein of form at present. Didn't allow him a free run at the pill and curtailed his number one wood - handball.

The intensity of the Brahton boys was near the top of the scale. They ran and spread better and they disrupted your boys run-n-gun game. Bit of a concern that. Allow your boys to play their way and they'll slice and dice you. Disrupt it and your boys are in all sorts.

I hope you got the brick I've put on the Blues at Hippbet for the pennant (also Pendlebet where I'm more confident of a payout should Blues get the choccies) and that it will be reflected in the odds.

Sensible decision.
Nah Hip Hip. It was a display of weakness and it'll bite them on the derriere should they penalise another side when they breach the guidelines at some future time. The hardline approach of a comp down the coast where there are no 'ifs, buts, or maybes' was the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back