Vale Dot Pain

Remove this Banner Ad

This is very sad news.
😪
😪
Dot was a lovely lady who had royal blue and white blood running through her veins. She always had a smile on her face and would do anything for you. I was lucky that I got to know Dot well through the Peninsula Supporters' Group and I saw first hand just how much voluntary work she did for the club she loved so much.
If you ever bought a sausage from the famous Peninsula Supporters' sausage sizzles at training or on Junior Roo days, there was a good chance that Dot served you or you saw her working hard to raise money for the club. She worked tirelessly for North and will be greatly missed.
RIP, Dot. You are a true Shinboner.
💙
🤍
💙
🤍

This is very sad news.
😪
😪
Dot was a lovely lady who had royal blue and white blood running through her veins. She always had a smile on her face and would do anything for you. I was lucky that I got to know Dot well through the Peninsula Supporters' Group and I saw first hand just how much voluntary work she did for the club she loved so much.
If you ever bought a sausage from the famous Peninsula Supporters' sausage sizzles at training or on Junior Roo days, there was a good chance that Dot served you or you saw her working hard to raise money for the club. She worked tirelessly for North and will be greatly missed.
RIP, Dot. You are a true Shinboner.
💙
🤍
💙
🤍

Thanks for this, lovely to hear, as one of many who only knew her to look at (or be served sausages by). I am glad the club celebrates all kinds of shinboners.

Massive loss. A huge North supporter, struggle to think of too many non player / admin people as well known and loved around the club and supporter group. Had time for anyone and everyone.

Had a few chats with her back in the day when we had a more fan involved social club in the early Docklands days. Condolences to her family and all who loved her.

Sad to hear this. Dot was one of the first North people I met. She's the reason I have a North Jumper to me signed "love Shaun Atley".

The roast lunches at the pub with players were always a good day out.

Rip Dot.

(on a side note and sorry I know this isn't the place but is Kay still as round?)

RIP Dot, another real Shinboner

Not sure Mutts but I was reminded earlier today that Kay and Dot were ushers that momentous night at Dallas Brooks Hall.

Vale Dot and thoughts to those who knew and loved her personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to hear this. Dot was one of the first North people I met. She's the reason I have a North Jumper to me signed "love Shaun Atley".

The roast lunches at the pub with players were always a good day out.

Rip Dot.

(on a side note and sorry I know this isn't the place but is Kay still as round?)
I haven't seen Kay for a few years but I think she would be still with us or the club would have had something on their website. I will be going to Dot's funeral on Tuesday so hope to catch up with Kay there.

Dot worked in a bread shop in Parkdale with my Mum. Through that I spent most days/nights in the 90s at the footy sitting with Dot, her friends and their family. Name any memorable day from 1992-97 for NMFC and I was probably sitting next to Dot during it - including the 1996 Grand Final. We organised shifts lining up outside Bass in Frankston for two nights to get tickets. Good times.

She was a proud and passionate North Melbourne person. More than that, she was a lovely lady.

RIP Dot.

There were lots of tears and laughter at Dot's funeral service today and it was a wonderful tribute to a much-loved lady. It was great to see so many in attendance and many people wore royal blue and white in honour of Dot.
The coffin was adorned in beautiful bouquets of blue and white flowers and two North Melbourne guernseys, whilst a premiership cup stood proudly beside it.
North people in attendance that I saw were Luke McDonald (who spoke about Dot), Nick Larkey, Cam Zurhaar, Donald McDonald, Anthony Stevens, Greg Miller, Sonja Hood and Barry Cheatley.
Rest in Peace, Dot. You will be greatly missed. :blueheart: :blueheart:

There were lots of tears and laughter at Dot's funeral service today and it was a wonderful tribute to a much-loved lady. It was great to see so many in attendance and many people wore royal blue and white in honour of Dot.
The coffin was adorned in beautiful bouquets of blue and white flowers and two North Melbourne guernseys, whilst a premiership cup stood proudly beside it.
North people in attendance that I saw were Luke McDonald (who spoke about Dot), Nick Larkey, Cam Zurhaar, Donald McDonald, Anthony Stevens, Greg Miller, Sonja Hood and Barry Cheatley.
Rest in Peace, Dot. You will be greatly missed. :blueheart: :blueheart:
That’s lovely, thank you for sharing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back