Vale Shane Warne

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible news especially combined with the death of Bacchus. I guess we knew he was not going to pull though well if at all. But, with Warnie it is just such a total shock. Easily the best Australian cricket since Bradman IMHO - the best I've seen anyway.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Tragic news today. Only caught the last part of Warne’s career. Still remembered him bowling Pietersen around the legs in Adelaide and how magical that ball was. Even when playing cricket in school, teachers talked about bowling like Warne. Arguably cricket’s biggest personality on and off the field. There will be no one else like him. RIP Warne

Shane Warne.. as a sportsman.. up there with Maradona.. always a kid practising and playing cricket in Sandringham.. always a kid practising and playing football in the streets of Villa Fiorito.. at the G.. at Lords.. at Maradona Stadium.. at Estadio Alberto.. in World Cups. nothing changed. Uninhibited.

GOATs

1969 - Infinite.

Shane Warne dies suddenly in Thailand at 52 and no one is asking questions?

This is a Death in Paradise episode right out of the playbook.

Something ain't right here.

people just want to grieve for atleast a day before dealing with all the theories of what happened.

Was lucky to have watched him play , from his first ball in the Ashes to Amazing Adelaide, felt like every time he bowled something would happen

My cousin and Shane was room-mates on a U19 tour, only reason they ended up as roomiest was they were the only smokers on the team, had to laugh when my uncle told us that

Farewell Shane you will be missed, still can't believe it 😢

Interesting reading so many post about people recalling their childhood and trying to replicate the great man. He was an inspiration especially if you grew up in the 90s. I never played cricket as a junior except for under 15s and by then I wasn't attempting spin, so I was taught nothing about spin, but of course it didn't stop me in the school yard trying my best to be like Warne and inevitably I bowled high loopy shit that was constantly tonked for 6, no wonder I didn't get much of a go. I thought I was the only shane warne fan, but on reflexion seeing all these tributes my school friends were just wiser than me and just didn't attempt leg spin. He clearly touched many RIP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Warne bowl was always must see tv. I remember every summer as a kid me and my mates would be playing backyard cricket with the cricket on in the background, or playing video games etc. but as soon as Warne was bowling we’d stop and give it our full attention. Every time. He was just pure magic.

RIP

RIP

Have met him. It was when the bbl was a runoir. Asked questions of the format here. He said it’s real and was excited about it.

That’s the only time I engaged him.

Let’s hope this puts things into perspective for people. In a world that’s so divided politically. Humans complaining and getting offended, people getting offended by those offended. Stop.

Hawiian pizza tonight.

You never know what's around the corner. When they say make the most of your time here, he really did. A once in a century talent who could do unbelievable things and then do them again. 52 is far too young. I missed out on seeing Bradman but I'm truly happy to have seen you play. RIP Shane.

Like others I was shocked to hear the news this morning.
I was lucky enough to be at the MCG the day he took his 700th wicket.
What a sad couple of days for Australian cricket.:'(

His interview on Mark Howards podcast is a good listen.

One thing that stood out is that he said he didn't dwell on the bad times because he found out who is true friends were.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale Shane Warne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back