Vale Shane Warne

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad and shocked! Larger than life. Those blokes you think will live forever. Who can believe two legends in a day. Like when our greats retired, they went together.

He packed so much into 52 years. 52 years of a great, packed life, is much better than 100 mediocre years. Warney was here for a good time not a long time.

Very shocked!!!! RIP!!!

******* hell that's Deano, Bacchus and Warnie all dead from heart attacks within 2 years
Bacchus in the age bracket where it not biggest surprise in world, but Warnie a bit young to get him.
Massive losses to the cricket community. All massive personalities and all gone. Sorry for their family and friends.
Marshy probably was one of the personalities that would have shaped Warnie to get the best out of himself as a cricketer, so to lose both within 24 hours is a real shock.
Hopefully Deano was there to greet them on the other side.

Around 50 years of age is o be of the most dangerous periods for men dropping dead from heart attacks. I've personally known 2 in the past half a dozen years, one was 51 and the other 53.

One was walking on the beach and the other working around the house, non smokers and very light social drinkers.
Have had shock my self , had a stroke last week , the fact i can type and remember 140 to66 is bloody good . Cant bowl left arm spinners at the moment . Rehab and a positive attitude should help

With the popularity and presence of the man the funeral, I assume a state one, is going to be as huge as it comes, with many coming from overseas. Only other death I remember with someone who had so much larger than presence was EJ in 1995. Both were loveable larrikins. We were expecting EJ, unlike Warnie, who's is just a total shock.

With the popularity and presence of the man the funeral, I assume a state one, is going to be as huge as it comes, with many coming from overseas. Only other death I remember with someone who had so much larger than presence was EJ in 1995. Both were loveable larrikins. We were expecting EJ, unlike Warnie, who's is just a total shock.
I couldnt think of anything more perfect than them filling the G, and having the whole stadium chant 'Warney, Warney!' One last time

Sadly millans was huge too

Around 50 years of age is o be of the most dangerous periods for men dropping dead from heart attacks. I've personally known 2 in the past half a dozen years, one was 51 and the other 53.

One was walking on the beach and the other working around the house, non smokers and very light social drinkers.
Yes, had a blood test. All my markers are now in the range. Makes you think.

Herne Hill! You must live close to around the corner from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not saying this to be a dick but he only got him a handful of times in test cricket it was just very memorable because cullinan got a bit lippy, Warnie got a bit lippy back, and the modes of dismissal were very entertaining. Harbhajan to Ponting in India, Dale Steyn to half the players to represent NZ a decade ago, and McGrath to Atherton are ones that stand out as being just as dominant for various periods of time

Na I think you're doing that a slight disservice. It wasn't so much the lippyness but the level of hubris displayed by Cullinan to be so thoroughly worked out by one bowler in such an ignominious fashion that elevates it. Agreed though, doesn't have the volume of wickets as those mentioned (mind you Warne to Atherton also happened a surprising amount) but it was such a public and overt stoush and such an intelligent rope-a-dope by Warne. Mentally, Cullinan didn't have an answer.

But never mind the semantics I guess. It's a tough day for everyone and I'd imagine we'll all be sharing these larger than life stories about the greatest Leggie

What shit news to wake up to this morning. Rod marsh passing away yesyerday was sad news and then to wake up to warnie dieing at only 52 years of age.

Feel for his kids and family. You just never know when your time is up do you.

Best cricketer I've witnessed, was an absolute freak and just brilliant to watch.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

What a surreal thing to wake up to. What a terrible week for Australian Cricket. Condolences to all close ones.

Thanks for the memories, Shane. Gone way too soon. I will never forget how you turned that semi final around in 1999 for us.

Wasn't a fan of your commentating but will still miss hearing you this summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale Shane Warne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back