Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Canning Hwy towards Freo from Thelma Street lights to Freeway Southbound in Como exit clogged both left and right lanes.

Left lane due to queue of cars patiently waiting to enter the freeway.

Right lane slower due to several queue jumpers clogging it up for the poor sods trying to continue along Canning Hwy beyond the Freeway.

Can't blame the drivers in the left lane for refusing to let those idiots in though.

People in the right lane they just turned into won't move left till they get to 100 .
But they take ages to get to that speed.
Just move left just let the cars that were already at a good speed go ...they will move left soon.

I really don't understand a car market, where a car is too slow and sluggish, to purchase if it can't do 0-100 in 10 seconds, yet a 1936 VW would have no problem keeping up with most of the V8's on the road in actual driving conditions.

I really don't understand a car market, where a car is too slow and sluggish, to purchase if it can't do 0-100 in 10 seconds, yet a 1936 VW would have no problem keeping up with most of the V8's on the road in actual driving conditions.
Not 100% sure.

I feel they to lazy to move over straight away if safe to do so.

I see it quiet a bit .

I'll be behide a car they'll just move over once they get a 100ks .Seems to take a while.

Roadworks 2 miles from our place taking forever - 1 lane e/w all day and night suring the week

I see a lot of road - and not a lot of work

Come close to winding down the window and saying "I know you work slow you don't have to advertise it!"

They work snails 🐌.

Roadworks 2 miles from our place taking forever - 1 lane e/w all day and night suring the week

I see a lot of road - and not a lot of work

Come close to winding down the window and saying "I know you work slow you don't have to advertise it!"
Bike track near my place he's been closed for 18 months for water works and isn't due to reopen until next year

If they tried that with a road they'd be shot

Had some little ******* P plater in their Hyundai i30 N Line over take me through a turning lane and then overtake the cars in front of me over double whites nearly causing a head on. We met at the same red light 2ks down the road.

It was in Rezza up the hill where Spring turns into High St, because of ****ing course it was.

Big problem these days is people think you have to give way when they're reversing out of carparks or driveways. Like they'll just keep reversing and crack the shits when you won't give way to them because they're ****wits

Normal intersections as well, i'll be going 80 in the 80 zone, and some complete idiot will swing round the corner going 30 just in front of me. Got time to brake ( so far ) but shouldn't have to.

You also don't have right of way to merge to the right, even if your lane disappears. It can be "nice" to let them in, but when they chose to go into the left lane that disappears after the intersection, and choose to accelerate the same as the truck next to them , then drop back behind the truck then try to merge without even looking for a gap... well i'm not letting you in road clogging dickhead.

Flogs that press the pedestrian crossing button then j walk
Glasses No GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Normal intersections as well, i'll be going 80 in the 80 zone, and some complete idiot will swing round the corner going 30 just in front of me. Got time to brake ( so far ) but shouldn't have to.

You also don't have right of way to merge to the right, even if your lane disappears. It can be "nice" to let them in, but when they chose to go into the left lane that disappears after the intersection, and choose to accelerate the same as the truck next to them , then drop back behind the truck then try to merge without even looking for a gap... well i'm not letting you in road clogging dickhead.
If there's no lane line between the lane drop and the adjacent lane, then which ever car is in front has right of way. If there's a dotted line, then the left lane has to give way (and come to a stop if they have to).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there's no lane line between the lane drop and the adjacent lane, then which ever car is in front has right of way. If there's a dotted line, then the left lane has to give way (and come to a stop if they have to).
Though if you speed up to prevent them merging rather than slow down a little to allow them in, causing them to have to come to a stop, you are absolutely the arseh*le in that situation.

Though if you speed up to prevent them merging rather than slow down a little to allow them in, causing them to have to come to a stop, you are absolutely the arseh*le in that situation.
I always let people in, no matter where. Only one though. I find most drivers do the same. (But maybe I’ve just been lucky…)

I always let people in, no matter where. Only one though. I find most drivers do the same. (But maybe I’ve just been lucky…)

I can't stand the ones that see the the left lane closed and won't get in line in the right lane .
Just zoom down the left lane and push in as the lane ends .

Yeah too many drivers just think it's up to the merger 100% to get onto the freeway. The ones on the freeway should be aware people are trying to merge and speed up/slow down to allow for an appropriate gap.

Big problem these days is people think you have to give way when they're reversing out of carparks or driveways. Like they'll just keep reversing and crack the shits when you won't give way to them because they're ****wits

Shits me when this happens in our main street. It doesn't shit me if I'm looking for a car park though.

Its the ones that don't even attempt to merge that i can't stand. Just put the indicator on and start to slowly move right.
If they put their foot down a bit more when they pulled away, they could have easily merged in front most of the time.
There is this whole stupid trend where all the cars, V8's little hatches, big utes, trucks....ALL accelerate away from the lights at the same slow rate.

Bike track near my place he's been closed for 18 months for water works and isn't due to reopen until next year

If they tried that with a road they'd be shot
This happened on the Fed trail for a private development no less. Was 12 months not 18 and the diversion added not only a few KMs but also interacted with a stack of pretty dangerous intersections that were avoided by the bike path.

A very non specific gripe but broadly people just arent paying attention on the roads. Missed lights, missed gaps, driving 40kmh under the limit because of missed signs.

I assume peoples attention spans coupled with roadwork fatigue are a factor but it is truly ****ed

I can't stand the ones that see the the left lane closed and won't get in line in the right lane .
Just zoom down the left lane and push in as the lane ends .
Those campaigners don't get let in

A very non specific gripe but broadly people just arent paying attention on the roads. Missed lights, missed gaps, driving 40kmh under the limit because of missed signs.

I assume peoples attention spans coupled with roadwork fatigue are a factor but it is truly ****ed
Don't rule out idiots looking at mobiles still.

The figures for fines given out for people using mobiles while driving is astronomically high still.

Only have to look at what happened to Sam Landsberger this week to remember how vital it is to pay attention while driving.

Don't rule out idiots looking at mobiles still.

The figures for fines given out for people using mobiles while driving is astronomically high still.

Only have to look at what happened to Sam Landsberger this week to remember how vital it is to pay attention while driving.

I don't know the circumstances around Sam's tragedy.
I just read that the driver has been charged with failing to provide a blood sample, despite coming up clean in alcohol and drug tests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back