Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know the circumstances around Sam's tragedy.
I just read that the driver has been charged with failing to provide a blood sample, despite coming up clean in alcohol and drug tests.
I did read that. Seemed odd in isolation. Unless he obviously expects something to come up in a blood test.

I've never taken any drugs so no idea how long they'd hang around in the blood?

road-rage-dennisreynolds.gif

Don't rule out idiots looking at mobiles still.

The figures for fines given out for people using mobiles while driving is astronomically high still.

Only have to look at what happened to Sam Landsberger this week to remember how vital it is to pay attention while driving.
Ive actually seen a number of people in recent weeks just STRAIGHT up texting etc. Phone in hand up at eye level both while driving and at lights.

Ive actually seen a number of people in recent weeks just STRAIGHT up texting etc. Phone in hand up at eye level both while driving and at lights.

I'm pretty confident that I'm not going to cause an accident if i need to push a button on my phone to pick up, or something, or talking on the phone without hands free.
But texting is a whole other ball game, as soon as i started texting, and long before there were laws against it i realised it was bloody dangerous.

I'm pretty confident that I'm not going to cause an accident if i need to push a button on my phone to pick up, or something, or talking on the phone without hands free.
But texting is a whole other ball game, as soon as i started texting, and long before there were laws against it i realised it was bloody dangerous.
Yeh look id be lying if i said id NEVER glanced at a work email subject line sitting in traffic on the freeway.

I make a point of not touching my phone when i drive. Its got a hands free charging bay and it connects to bluetooth. If its urgent someone is calling, if its a text it can wait. Seems that way way less people think this way than i thought.

I did read that. Seemed odd in isolation. Unless he obviously expects something to come up in a blood test.

I've never taken any drugs so no idea how long they'd hang around in the blood?

A mate told me it's around 1-2 days for most things. Of course that means you can no longer be under the influence and test positive, doesn't matter in the eyes of the law though.

Urine tests are even longer, can be a few months if you smoke a lot of weed, I had some near misses when working on construction sites ha ha

Yeh look id be lying if i said id NEVER glanced at a work email subject line sitting in traffic on the freeway.

I make a point of not touching my phone when i drive. Its got a hands free charging bay and it connects to bluetooth. If its urgent someone is calling, if its a text it can wait. Seems that way way less people think this way than i thought.
In the face of all this, apparently the newest and greatest things in cars are entertainment systems that use non-tactile display screens, like a tablet glued to the dashboard.
I maintain that they are actually inferior to some of the older displays in some ways, though obviously more versatile.
( Just like in the old days you used to be able to operate your Nokia phone without looking at it ).

Toot toot the light green 😂

Trying not to be sexist, but it seems it happens a lot, waiting at the lights, can see the woman in front of me seemingly attentively looking forward. Lights are a slow cycle...she's still waiting.
Still waiting.
Suddenly decides to dive into the handbag on the seat beside her to get something out....but the lights are changing now...TOOT TOOT.

Sure get the stuff from the handbag...do it when the lights first turn red.

Trying not to be sexist, but it seems it happens a lot, waiting at the lights, can see the woman in front of me seemingly attentively looking forward. Lights are a slow cycle...she's still waiting.
Still waiting.
Suddenly decides to dive into the handbag on the seat beside her to get something out....but the lights are changing now...TOOT TOOT.

triggered-feminist.gif

Still waiting.

Only at school time she moves fast and think she owns the road .
Got kids to pick up, shopping to do, tea to cook....get out my way .
Only if she didn't have that 3rd coffee at Shanon house she would have plenty of time .😁

Still waiting.

Also prob driving hubbys tradie 4X4 how do I drive this .... hehehehehe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 days in a row the cars behind me were on their phones the bloke almost went up my arse a few times .
Is the world about to end and they going to miss out on something...
Legitimately today merging onto the freeway was leaning on his steering wheel on his phone typing away like wtf

For some reason when they were building the roads in my suburb they wanted to make them so narrow and tight. Im going the limit (50) and I’ve legit had 2 cars overtake me!!! It’s one lane each way and it’s not illegal (except for the speeding) but be fking for real

For some reason when they were building the roads in my suburb they wanted to make them so narrow and tight. Im going the limit (50) and I’ve legit had 2 cars overtake me!!! It’s one lane each way and it’s not illegal (except for the speeding) but be fking for real
Lots of suburbs are like that.
I wonder if a fire 🔥 truck will fit down those streets .

Lots of suburbs are like that.
I wonder if a fire 🔥 truck will fit down those streets .
Just recently there was a head on collision, it was the first one I had seen!!

A very non specific gripe but broadly people just arent paying attention on the roads. Missed lights, missed gaps, driving 40kmh under the limit because of missed signs.

I assume peoples attention spans coupled with roadwork fatigue are a factor but it is truly ****ed
Too busy ****ing around on their phones more like it

Remove this Banner Ad

Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back