Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

OMFG .

I called up local MP.
To bring up an issue at a local intersection was told I had to talk to them.

They spending 100Mil on new traffic lights .
Fuuuuu me .....side ways .

Which intersection?

We're from a similar region so I know a few of the local roads

Hopefully they they include red light cameras as part of the build

There's another intersection a bit further along from the image I posted above and until a decade or so ago, the side road turning onto the main road was 2 lanes with 1 lane for left turn & straight ahead, the other purely a right turn lane - the number of cars that would take the turn wide & into the left lane on the main road was crazy but totally legal as per the road rules & line markings

That changed about a decade ago with both lanes now being right turn lanes, that was due to the volume of traffic turning from it & onto the main road and how far back the traffic would bank up - with the left of the 2 lanes is still a left turn & straight ahead lane

A decade on still see close calls with cars turning from the right lane but taking it wide and wanting to drive straight into the left lane on the main road - would think people would have learned after this length of time that there's 2 turning lanes, but some are so oblivious
It used to be a legal thing that when turning right into a multi lane road, you had to turn into the right hand lane ( or keep your lane in the case of multiple turning lanes ).
They dropped the law, and since then people are turning all over the place.

I also know an intersection, where if you are in the right lane , the island is positioned so you start the turn , then have to wind more lock on part way through. If you start with a lot of lock you'll clip the island.
Its a brand new recently upgraded intersection.

There was a lot of quality driving on display today
20 under for no reason

Speeding, tailgating and swerving in and out

Blocking a lane because they want to turn right (45 angle across 2 lanes) to get into a car park when they could go a block up and do a U-turn

There was a lot of quality driving on display today
20 under for no reason

Speeding, tailgating and swerving in and out

Blocking a lane because they want to turn right (45 angle across 2 lanes) to get into a car park when they could go a block up and do a U-turn

The swerving , tailgating and swerving was probably a reaction to the driving 20 under.

The swerving , tailgating and swerving was probably a reaction to the driving 20 under.
unrelated events

the swerving etc was on the freeway during peak hour, bog standard dickhead in a ute who is in a hurry you see it every day in peak hour

the 20 under was on the hwy in an 80 zone with stuff all traffic, they did for bonus points speed up when the lights changed and run a very late orange though

unrelated events

the swerving etc was on the freeway during peak hour, bog standard dickhead in a ute who is in a hurry you see it every day in peak hour

the 20 under was on the hwy in an 80 zone with stuff all traffic, they did for bonus points speed up when the lights changed and run a very late orange though

That's infuriating, if you're stuck behind them, knowing the lights will change soon, they chug through the late orange, and you get to stop.

That's infuriating, if you're stuck behind them, knowing the lights will change soon, they chug through the late orange, and you get to stop.
they had plenty of time to stop too

they just chose to speed up

What's the fine for being caught on ya phone?
It wanna be big..

Seen green PS on phone before.
Should be lose of license IMO.

You can use your phone in the car if it's mounted. You can touch it 'briefly' to make or receive a call, play audio, use a navigation function.

If it's not mounted you can have it in your pocket or somewhere in your car that is out of sight and reach. I've usually got my phone sitting loose in the centre console, but I don't touch it and the Big Brother cameras won't pick it up.

There is no limit on the number of family members or friends you can have in the car that will distract you as you drive.

You can use your phone in the car if it's mounted. You can touch it 'briefly' to make or receive a call, play audio, use a navigation function.

If it's not mounted you can have it in your pocket or somewhere in your car that is out of sight and reach. I've usually got my phone sitting loose in the centre console, but I don't touch it and the Big Brother cameras won't pick it up.

There is no limit on the number of family members or friends you can have in the car that will distract you as you drive.
And you can have a burger in one hand and a coffee in the other. Or a smoke or a vape.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People think that car controls mounted on a glorified Android tablet are "progressive" or "technologically advanced".
To me they are a cheap alternative to ergonomic tactile controls.
Thank god for voice activation i suppose.
Some of the car controls are as bad as using a touchscreen phone.
( Before touchscreens , people used phones in the car all the time , you could operate them without looking, and it really wasn't much of a big deal until text messages became common ).

People think that car controls mounted on a glorified Android tablet are "progressive" or "technologically advanced".
To me they are a cheap alternative to ergonomic tactile controls.
Thank god for voice activation i suppose.
Some of the car controls are as bad as using a touchscreen phone.
( Before touchscreens , people used phones in the car all the time , you could operate them without looking, and it really wasn't much of a big deal until text messages became common ).
I'd argue that it is car companies that are pushing this because it is cheaper/easier, and people that don't think about this actually being dangerous just follow along because they think its trendy.

Watch/read any car review of a modern car where real buttons for commonly used things like aircon have been replaced by a touch screen and you're almost certain to see it mentioned as a negative

Remove this Banner Ad

Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back