Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

I may or may not occasionally put the Sharks game on Kayo on in the car whilst driving home…

No radio coverage down here so seems the best option!

I've done similar with cricket matches - open Foxtel on my phone, start the live stream and plug my phone in to listen to it through my car speakers

I'd argue that it is car companies that are pushing this because it is cheaper/easier, and people that don't think about this actually being dangerous just follow along because they think its trendy.

Watch/read any car review of a modern car where real buttons for commonly used things like aircon have been replaced by a touch screen and you're almost certain to see it mentioned as a negative

I agree with that.
But i've also seen quite a few reviews online , ( as opposed to your traditional "Wheels magazine etc" where the reviewer seems sucked into it a bit. "Oh this car seems a bit old fashioned because it only has an 8 inch touchscreen and it has an analog speedo ". I guess online stuff leaves it more open to amateurs.

My son just bought his first car, an oldy with a radio cassette ( Hopefully get his license soon ).
It doesn't cost much to get a drop in replacement radio with bluetooth and spotify controls.

He's really easily distracted so i think i'll buy it for him just to keep him from the temptation of fiddling with his phone.

Jessica Alba in a bikini in my passenger seat can be very distracting, even if it is just my imagination.

They should ban Jessica Alba in cars.
If the backseat rocking.
Don't come knocking.
😀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back seat drivers can be distracting ...

According to the Vicroads website, passengers talking to the driver are less distracting than taking a call on a mobile phone
- because they are more aware of the ongoing traffic conditions and will adjust accordingly. That seems like a stretch considering that your passengers might be children, old family members who have never driven, or your drunk mates.

According to the Vicroads website, passengers talking to the driver are less distracting than taking a call on a mobile phone
- because they are more aware of the ongoing traffic conditions and will adjust accordingly. That seems like a stretch considering that your passengers might be children, old family members who have never driven, or your drunk mates.

Yeah I guess .

Can you take the next left..please
..oh it's this turn right here...

Is that in reference to taking a call on a handsfree device?

Had a classic "swinger" on the way to work this morning, 2 lane's of Lower Dandenong road coming up to a long turning lane on the right.
RHS blinker comes on well before the turning lane and slows down to around 50 ( 80km/h speed limit ).
Without exaggerating she drifted to the left so that the line was in the middle of her car, totally blocking both lanes of the main road , before slowly drifting across to the furthest right turning lane ( when she eventually got there ).

Train this morning so I have nothing to contribute thank ****, PT is good in small doses

I might have to pump the tyres up on my bike now its getting a bit lighter. I need a break from the loonies.
Trucks were playing "Convoy" on the road today too.

I might have to pump the tyres up on my bike now its getting a bit lighter. I need a break from the loonies.
Trucks were playing "Convoy" on the road today too.

Pros and cons for both forms of transport. Big fan of train on a Friday though so I can drink full strength in the office.

This car was going to back out right in front of me ..when I went to get lunch yesterday.
Looks like they were looking .....I beep them.......they beep back .....WTF.
I get out at the shop I was going to .
They drive past with arms out like what the fuuu.
You can't just reverse out in front of people .

On Tuesday 2 old people pull out front in front of me.
On my way to work ....

Train this morning so I have nothing to contribute thank ****, PT is good in small doses

People on PT e.g. trams are not very smart esp when busy.
They all want to hang around the doors .
They don't like pushing up to the back and let others in.
I had to ask the a few times can you guys push up to let others in .

Some interesting people on PT.

People on PT e.g. trams are not very smart esp when busy.
They all want to hang around the doors .
They don't like pushing up to the back and let others in.
I had to ask the a few times can you guys push up to let others in .

Some interesting people on PT.
I do sort of get hovering around the doors mostly because absolutely no one moves to let people off.

Im generally one of the last stations so it doesnt bother me getting wedged in the back but i think it needs work both ways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back