Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a good thread for venting but you have to take account of people making mistakes.

Yesterday I was on a dual carriage road that I was unfamiliar with and heading towards a roundabout. As I got closer I was passing a static line of cars in the left lane and I'm thinking oh shit that's the lane I probably need to be in to take the first exit. But at that stage you're an arseh*le whatever you do. Stop as soon as you realise with your indicator on blocking the right lane?

I decided to keep going and go all the way round the roundabout. Except the first exit was blocked because of a train crossing, and that's why all the cars were backed up, duh! So now I'm blocking up the right lane at the roundabout with a **** off truck behind me. I decided to drive across the roundabout and squeeze into the first exit area. I'm guessing the first guy in the correct lane at the roundabout was annoyed with me because he drove up my jacksie for a couple of kilometres. But there are times when you screw up and it's impossible to apologise to everyone for your mistakes.

Traffic at Tullamarine Airport. Took 40 minutes of non-moving vehicles, and horns blaring, to get into the correct lane to return a hire car because if you don’t you end up going the wrong way and having to be redirected by randoms. No signs of course, until you’ve almost gone past 😡

Traffic at Tullamarine Airport. Took 40 minutes of non-moving vehicles, and horns blaring, to get into the correct lane to return a hire car because if you don’t you end up going the wrong way and having to be redirected by randoms. No signs of course, until you’ve almost gone past 😡

A couple of years ago I was returning a hire vehicle to Brisbane airport, put the info into maps and it started directing me to a random shed which may have been a former off site HQ for the car company

Thankfully I wasn't running late, as it was an unnecessary, out of the way the detour but finally got back towards the terminal and then crossed fingers I'd get in the right lane

I don't understand people who don't seem to adjust their driving at all in deplorable weather. Were they taught poorly, or are they just selfish pricks?

On days like today I feel like 90% of us are preventing the other 10% from causing absolute ****ing carnage.

This is a good thread for venting but you have to take account of people making mistakes.

Yesterday I was on a dual carriage road that I was unfamiliar with and heading towards a roundabout. As I got closer I was passing a static line of cars in the left lane and I'm thinking oh shit that's the lane I probably need to be in to take the first exit. But at that stage you're an arseh*le whatever you do. Stop as soon as you realise with your indicator on blocking the right lane?

I decided to keep going and go all the way round the roundabout. Except the first exit was blocked because of a train crossing, and that's why all the cars were backed up, duh! So now I'm blocking up the right lane at the roundabout with a **** off truck behind me. I decided to drive across the roundabout and squeeze into the first exit area. I'm guessing the first guy in the correct lane at the roundabout was annoyed with me because he drove up my jacksie for a couple of kilometres. But there are times when you screw up and it's impossible to apologise to everyone for your mistakes.

A good trick for this (without a train) Go up the right lane do a full loop in the round a bout and exit the the first exit. Cars in the train think youre coming from the opposite direction

I don't understand people who don't seem to adjust their driving at all in deplorable weather. Were they taught poorly, or are they just selfish pricks?

On days like today I feel like 90% of us are preventing the other 10% from causing absolute ****ing carnage.

I was glad I was nearly home this evening when I saw an idiot red p-plater turning left at the intersection I was stopped at, who was happily revving his car while waiting to turn and accelerated like an idiot to cut off a car - not sure how far he was traveling, but glad to not be sharing the road with him

But earlier on my drive there was a couple of patches of significant water over the road - one area we still had a partial lane we could get into, and the 4WD behind me couldn't wait to get past that and put his foot down

A couple of KMs down the road, there was no visible road with the bike lane, two straight ahead lanes & the turning lane all under water. I could see up ahead cars stopping and not exactly a clear lane of traffic so I slowed on my approach, but others were happily doing 80km until they had no option but essentially stop - we were going about 10km through that area and in a makeshift lane rather than the traditional two lanes

When it's wet, you're doing 80 in an 80 and some campaigner pulls out from a side street or whatever nearly causing you to die.

Bad enough in the dry

And if you don't have a dashcam.. "ohh you ran into the back of me "

They are just stupid sometimes.
You get behind them in the side street, there are no gaps as big as they want. Then they see a slightly bigger gap, they think about it , then pull out way too late.

Saw a person driving one of those big 4WDs that have a step to get in. They had a disabled sticker. Did genuinely confuse me.
Why?
Also we talking like a dodge ram?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back