VENT THREAD vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

1 quarter of promise, 3 quarters of scrappy, over possessive basketball like play. What the **** is wrong with our team. They show some glimpses of last year then the next thing ya know we are handballing team mates into trouble, not running hard, going backwards instead of backing the forwards and almost every player that marks, immediately turns around to look for someone passing by and gives it off, no matter how close their opponent is.

Renouf can play forward but he is not the player we are looking for to fill Rougheads void. Dowler would have been a better option as a forward target. Also our goal kicking was abysmal, how many times can we hit the post......

Re: Tuck, Taylor, Renouf,Morton

johnnyb should be banned from posting on game day, get's a bit too emotional and irrational and does this board no favors at all.
Do it mods, it's for his own good.

Now johnny, i'm neither a redneck nor a gronk, just calm down.

Walking home from the game. Can't say it was a lot of fun. Bad umpiring combined with stupid decision making and unaccountability is a BAD COCKTAIL. Sorry to Gary Shadforth who flew down for this game. Very f***ing frustrated

9 goals for the whole game :eek:
One hit wonders are the HFC.

We will be right again over the next 2/3 years. Just need another 2 or 3 skilled (kicking/decision making) players to compliment Bateman, Mitchell, Lewis, Hodge, Franklin (need to find a fwd line gameplan for him and Rough) , Rioli, Sewell & Roughead.

Kennedy is coming along as is McGlynn but we need another 3 on top of these guys.

Question marks are still on Morton (should have played down back- how many forwards do we need to prepare, everyone we think is going to be a key backman is playing forward at Box Hill too i believe), Dowler, Tuck, Murphy, Taylor, Renouf, Muston for mine. Time will tell I guess.

Hope we beat the Tigers.:eek:

I love my Hawks, but, we are, without doubt, the worst team in the league currently to watch.
Too many players look frustrated and disinterested.
Our game plan is apalling.

Murphy wasn't to blame.

Benny McGlynn did some great, tough work tonight, but geez he gets a bit of the butter fingers a little more than I'd like. A couple of times he single-handedly stopped forward momentum with a fumble and then dished off to a stationary target, setting them up.

Frustrating.

I love the bloke's effort, but damn...

Can't believe we won the free kicks 29-17!! It didn't seem that way watching the game.

It was a strange game. As poorly as we played, I thought we looked a chance to come back. Kennedy's pass to Renouf ruined our momentum late in the game, as did our propensity to continually hit the post with our shots at goal.

9 goals for the whole game :eek:
One hit wonders are the HFC.

Also wanted to add that apart from the Bulldogs game we have been right in every match only just going down between about 3-4 goals each time. So, in reality we are competitive without playing well at all.

10 minutes (and i mean 10 mins is all we have been good for per game this year) of excellent play each game has kept us competitive. Imagine if we can string 10 minutes of excellent play each quarter next season!!:thumbsu:

We need a new Forwards coach. Buddy was offering leads and everyone else was just standing around within 5-10 metres of him. Really making it hard to hit a target inside 50 when half the team has worked their way forward and just stand around.

McGlynn was good tonight though, had some terrible disposals but was hard at the ball and won the ball a few times. Rioli was brilliant with his tackling pressure, by the end of the night no one really wanted to take him on. Buddy was quite early but got a few goals late, he had his kicking boots on tonight so it would have been great if the ball was fed to him more often. Hodge was poor, i just feel he isn't right as he isn't running as hard as he was 2-3 weeks back when he was electrifying. Mitchell tried but alot of his possessions were ablett style (aka pointless handballs back and forth). Kennedy was decent, made a few errors, one cost us a goal and sealed the match but apart from that he was always trying and getting his hands on the ball.

The umpiring was terrible all night, extremely inconsistant and constantly changing their judgement on a rule. Lotsa holding the ball decisions and alot of missed in the back decisions. I still cant believe Shoenmakers wasn't given a free kick or 2 from being pushed in the back in two contests which resulted in goals. It's hard to justify how any umpire could miss those yet spot something like Simon Taylor taking a mark over the top of another player only to give away a free kick for in the back.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure the umpires are purposely inconsistent with us. They have the power and do not appreciate being questioned by Coaches & Clubs in the media & hold it against us.

You guys got r*ped by the umps in the first half. It's usually us getting r*ped. But they tried their best to even it up in the second. Very poor umpiring.

Mcglyn was tearing us a fresh one in the centre. Sewell is very underrated too I wish he was at the crows.

What the hell do these hacks offer the team

There all useless big time

Tuck - AFL Inside Midfielder
Taylor - AFL Ruckman
Renougf - AFL Ruckman
Morton - AFL Winger/Flank

Now can you tell me what the hell you offer to;

A - Society
B - BigFooty

Cheers in advance.

Taylor, Tuck, Morton, Renouf, Murphy, Dowler, Boyle, Thorp, Stokes.

All not good enough.

Big doubt on Muston and Bailey.

Dew and Croad maybe gone.

Thats 12 maybe 13 that are in doubt.

Thats 13 holes in the list.

Lowden, Lisle, Savage, unproven.

16 doubtfuls on the list.

As for the rest....

Young, Ellis, Guerra, Williams, Ladson, Roughead injured.

Osbourne, Bateman, Birchall, Brown, Campbell, Gilham, Hodge, Rioli all down on form through poor preparation and injury.

Mitchell, Sewell, Lewis solid but no where near as good as last year.

If Buddy was playing in last years team, he still would of given the ton a shake. Better than solid but down on last year.

Thats every Premiership player down on last year!!!!!

Thats 39.

That leaves one player who has lead the way all year and shown a big improvement..... Benny McGlynn

And guess what????? He cant kick for shit!!!!!:eek:

ONE SENIOR PLAYER PLAYING IN THE TEAM HAS IMPROVED SINCE LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!

And we are wondering why we are no good at the moment.......

Hey Hawks fans. Any reason that Clarko didnt send Hodge forward to try and get another option up there apart from Buddy?

Hodge has done the job before and I thought it was worth a try tonight.

I wondered who the knobs would blame now that Murphy is out.

These players may not be the best players in the world but unfortunately not everybody can be a gun. Who do you propose we play instead? Whitecross? Dowler? There have had there chances this year too without setting the world alight. And if your suggesting we delist them then we'll be getting a bunch a rookies who are just as likely to be duds. The fact of the matter is, they offer to the club a playing option.

We need a new Forwards coach. Buddy was offering leads and everyone else was just standing around within 5-10 metres of him. Really making it hard to hit a target inside 50 when half the team has worked their way forward and just stand around.

Our forward set up stinks. And has for much of the year.

It was personified in the second quarter when Kennedy took a shot for goal from 35/40 out and the ball fell short. We didn't have a tall player back, and we were out numbered 2 to 1, and the Adelaide defenders cleared the ball easily. Very frustrating.

You're right, out forwards stand around flat footed, there is no system, variety or spark.

It wasn't a great night.

Mitchell, Sewell, Lewis solid but no where near as good as last year.

I disagree. Especially Sewell who has really stepped up this year, no longer just a tagger.

Hey Hawks fans. Any reason that Clarko didnt send Hodge forward to try and get another option up there apart from Buddy?

Hodge has done the job before and I thought it was worth a try tonight.

Because Clarko is too inflexible.

I disagree. Especially Sewell who has really stepped up this year, no longer just a tagger.

Because Clarko is too inflexible.

That's fine. Earlier in the year maybe but lately no.

Noticed how he is not breaking tackles like he used to earlier in the season?

The other teams have worked him out I think. Nowhere near as effective.

Tuck - AFL Inside Midfielder
Taylor - AFL Ruckman
Renougf - AFL Ruckman
Morton - AFL Winger/Flank

Now can you tell me what the hell you offer to;

A - Society
B - BigFooty

Cheers in advance.

hahahh you reckon they are footballers??

your having yourself on big time

have you watched these blokes play at all

taylor, is not an AFL player and lets hope next year he is gone for good

FFS!!!! Renouf is what, 20, 21 years old. Ruck men take time. Give the boy a break! When we carve it up next year, I'll be taking special note of the posters on this forum. I don't often post, but some of you had better change your user names if you think of jumping on board next year after some of the disgraceful posts I've seen this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

VENT THREAD vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back