2nds VFL Round 16 - Geelong v Coburg, Skilled Stadium, 1:10PM Saturday 16 July (live ABC1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, I normally hate to single out players, but is Gillies actually awake out there?

Maybe he looks more laconic than he is, but I'd take a player like Simpkin and his 110 % effort every day of the week.

We just seem to struggle to kick to leading players.

Byrnes is playing ok. There abouts.

Mooney has been good, albeit slow.

Schroder looks impressive.

And today just affirms that Bathie should be elevated.

This. Still a ways off AFL level but you can see the ability.

Simpson should play too, has been good.

Simpkin, Selwood and Raidme have had a real go and Cowan and Schroder have shown a bit in patches.

Love Moons hardness at the packs but he is slow, Shagga's had his moments.

81-70
Cowan goal from outside 50. Bathie been very impressive, first time i've seen him and i had to keep asking myself who he is, he got that much of it. Cowan and Troy been good aswell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Moons has kicked 4, after what? 3,4 and 5 the last few weeks?

And seeing he's playing every week he must be pulling up ok, is it time to bring him back to the seniors next week?

goal to monty 99 to 84 that the final score go cats. god you would'nt get very good sc scores from that game:p.

You'd actually get about 3300 points

Great win after trailing most of the match.

Impressed with Schroeder, he's one of those blokes that just sees the ball and goes at the ball, simple and tough

Think so. Byrnes also got 3.

Schroder was good with only about 10 possessions. Cowan was very good. Used it well.
Raidme got some really good disposals, that goal near the end was a beauty.

Moons presented well, that's what was so good about his play today. Got away with a push in the back in the last, but hey, those umps where terrible both ways anyway.

I was really impressed with 54 (I think), can't remember his name. Took a lot of contested marks in the third quarter in the backline, he also was very good in the press and often outmarked his opposition.

Good team win today.

I was really impressed with 54 (I think), can't remember his name. Took a lot of contested marks in the third quarter in the backline, he also was very good in the press and often outmarked his opposition.

McLean

#64 for Coburg [Richmond player] had a ripper brain fade which may cost him a holiday.First he gives away a free.Then he flips the bird at the ump,thinking the ump wouldn't see it,but he did - 50m and goal to Geelong.Then the costly mistake was a minute or so later was when he ran up to take the mark and delibrately bumped into the umps chest.That's a no-no.

I didn't know the VFL had their own 'Razor' Ray Chamberlain.The umpire #15 was just an overzealous umpire.No wonder the ABC commentators called him the "Officious one"

Think so. Byrnes also got 3.

Schroder was good with only about 10 possessions. Cowan was very good. Used it well.
Raidme got some really good disposals, that goal near the end was a beauty.

Moons presented well, that's what was so good about his play today. Got away with a push in the back in the last, but hey, those umps where terrible both ways anyway.

Good team win today.

Andrew Mclean number54

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds VFL Round 16 - Geelong v Coburg, Skilled Stadium, 1:10PM Saturday 16 July (live ABC1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back