2nds VFL Round 9 - Collingwood vs Bendigo at Victoria Park @1pm on Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

Wood got 30 possessions?

Get him in the seniors. Jolly needs a rest big time. Guy is finished.

If Wood had 30 possessions I'll streak at the MCG against the Suns.:eek:

He had very little impact at all on the game, in fact if anything we played our best football when Witts was in the ruck.

Wood is not an AFL class ruckman, and never will be, while Jolly is still going well, as long as he is fit.

I'm sick of the Jolly bashers, we can not win the flag with Wood in the side, CAN NOT.:mad:

can we pls lay off Yagoor? the kid is 18, had an excellent NAB Cup.....so much so the club dropped him into the senior side and based on the 3 VFL games I have seen has been ok.

I watched the game vs Box Hill (i think it was) after I had read the player reviews which were pretty scathing of Yagmoor and there was no way he was as bad as was made out to be.

Lets give the kid a year or so and see how he goes. I just cannot recollect one of our kids who has been trashed like this kid 8 rounds into a season.

Jolly beat both of Geelong's rucks, for a guy that you say is finished, I wish all our players were that finished.
Yeah i really don't know what Jolly needs to do for some anymore.

Especially given wood is that much worse

I'd prefer Jolly over Cam Wood anyday.

It's laughable that people are having a go at him for not being able to jump late in the last quarter. He basically rucked the whole match by himself so he was probably stuffed.

We know his best is most likely behind him but it's still better then anything Wood can produce atm.

His first half today was the worst half of football I've seen an individual play... seriously.

In the second half he got moved from the wing to a back pocket and was ok but nothing flash.

Much the same as the preston game i went too.

Yagmoor is no defender, he may make it as a wingmen if he can grow a set, but he is absolutely no defender.

I want to lay off Yagmoor as a young kid, but then I watch him play and see someone who needs to be given a wake up call and not nursed.

You can't let blokes who blatantly will not run at the pill and avoid other physical aspects, slide.

Stubbs who is an outside winger/flanker type, showed great courage yesterday going when it was his turn.

I'm sick of the Jolly bashers, we can not win the flag with Wood in the side, CAN NOT.:mad:

Agree 100%. I don't know what game some people were watching but Jolly was good on Friday night and was the best ruckman on the ground. Not to mention ANZAC Day when he beat both Ryder and Bellchambers. He doesn't jump very high at the centre breaks because he can't jump as high as other ruckmen; his advantage is when it comes to jostling at all other stoppages.

Agree 100%. I don't know what game some people were watching but Jolly was good on Friday night and was the best ruckman on the ground. Not to mention ANZAC Day when he beat both Ryder and Bellchambers. He doesn't jump very high at the centre breaks because he can't jump as high as other ruckmen; his advantage is when it comes to jostling at all other stoppages.

jostling at all those stoppages where he gives away countless frees resulting in direct possession to the opposition.

jostling at all those stoppages where he gives away countless frees resulting in direct possession to the opposition.
For which half of them are either soft, or no one has any idea what they are for including the player receiving the free kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where most of the free kicks are a load of crap and when Jols gets held or scragged the ump just looks at him and calls play on...

A lot of them are there.

Anyway, regardless, Jolly gives away far too many free kicks trying to gain a slight advantage which doesn't really provide too much benefit for the team.

I would rather he backed off in the contest a little bit, and gave away far fewer frees. This would mean he would get fewer hitouts, but these are not direct benfits to a team anyway, whereas frees against are direct benefits for the opposition.

A lot of them are there.

Anyway, regardless, Jolly gives away far too many free kicks trying to gain a slight advantage which doesn't really provide too much benefit for the team.

I would rather he backed off in the contest a little bit, and gave away far fewer frees. This would mean he would get fewer hitouts, but these are not direct benfits to a team anyway, whereas frees against are direct benefits for the opposition.

This, but I am also firmly in the 'Jolly is way more useful than Wood unless injured' camp.

I too am not pleased with Yagmoor.

He is as timid as they come- which would be fine if his outside game was very good but his kicking is way overrated.

I actually do not see much in him at all. He cannot defend if his life depended on it. It is worse than Simon Buckley's defensive skill set.

Was laughable that he got given a game vs the Lions the week before.

The criticism of Yagmoor is a little harsh, for a number of reasons.

1. He's 18 and coming out of a very weak Queensland system
2. We got him for absolutely nothing, we swapped late draft picks with the Suns to get him
3. It's his first year, how good was Ben Sinclair in his first year? Or Alan Toovey?

We need to give him time, he was never going to be a player who would play many games in year one, and while he does have skill, he obviously has to improve plenty of areas of his game.

All I'd say about Yagmoor is to give him time, he may improve, he may not, but it's no use being too critical of him after 5-6 VFL games and 2 senior games.

He's soft Matty.

Look at any under 18 players that comes in soft, that only ever gets better slightly.

Sure he may become serviceable as a Simon Buckley type coming in and out of the side, but he won't ever be more then that

they might be soft but why does it keep happening, happened for the last season and a half.

its funny how he uses his hands to shove the opposition ruck over then he throws his arms out as if to say what was that for.......

i personally think it is very selfish.

i dont know if jolly is an idiot or not, but they say the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing yet expect a different result

He's soft Matty.

Look at any under 18 players that comes in soft, that only ever gets better slightly.

Sure he may become serviceable as a Simon Buckley type coming in and out of the side, but he won't ever be more then that

I would hope Yagmoor would be more a Lonie type

He's soft Matty.

ive seen bugger all of yagmoor but i find it amusing that you can make a definitive statement about a first year kid. To say he wont "ever" be something is ridiculous. Some of these kids go from terrible to handy in the space of a pre season.

On another note, has Stubbs started to show a little?

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds VFL Round 9 - Collingwood vs Bendigo at Victoria Park @1pm on Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back