Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a shit idea. Rewards 'personal branding' rather than football skill. Theoretically this money could all end up being paid out to players at say 5 clubs. Free publicity for those clubs ahead of others, I don't like it.

It will end up being outside cap cash covering up for inside cap

An equal amount to every club or drop the whole idea.

This is the problem in the whole debate/thread. So much inherent bias is already considered normal. Every decision is, by default, taken from a stacked position. Not enough holistic and reflective thought, way too much tribal club thought.
AFLPA are a joke. They've negotiated a deal whereby mainly the highest paid players in the game who already earn a heap outside of their salary get another sizable cash injection.

Don't think it's necessarily bias, more just total incompetence. Why would the teams that travel the most through the season, be made to play down in Tasmania. Just to make them travel a bit more? Year after year. Bizarre, yet not surprising for this amateurishly run league.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
The idea of the Tassie games is to play the lower crowd drawing games which would otherwise struggle to make money at the more expensive Melbourne stadiums.

The flight from Perth to Launceston is about the same as Melbourne, with less chance of traffic delays, and as a bonus your opponent also has to travel!

Last edited:
Don't think it's necessarily bias, more just total incompetence. Why would the teams that travel the most through the season, be made to play down in Tasmania. Just to make them travel a bit more? Year after year. Bizarre, yet not surprising for this amateurishly run league.

It's a 3hr 40 minute flight for Fremantle to Melbourne and a 4hr 5m flight to Launceston. Are you seriously saying this makes a tangible difference? Your team would have travelled to play Hawthorn either way, so what difference does it make going there?

In some ways, the travel to Launceston is easier. Smaller airport that is closer to the city means less time on a bus afterwards, easier to get out after the match, etc.

In contrast, if Hawthorn play a Melbourne team in Launceston that means extra travel for a team, officials, etc, and the loss of gate receipts from a bigger match. That's quite a financial cost.

It's a 3hr 40 minute flight for Fremantle to Melbourne and a 4hr 5m flight to Launceston. Are you seriously saying this makes a tangible difference? Your team would have travelled to play Hawthorn either way, so what difference does it make going there?

In some ways, the travel to Launceston is easier. Smaller airport that is closer to the city means less time on a bus afterwards, easier to get out after the match, etc.

In contrast, if Hawthorn play a Melbourne team in Launceston that means extra travel for a team, officials, etc, and the loss of gate receipts from a bigger match. That's quite a financial cost.
Difference is obviously less opportunity to play at Marvel and the G. I get it, it's not a hardship for Freo yet the big Vic clubs would never travel there. Entitled much. Don't think many finals will be played in Launceston. It's a definite disadvantage.

Difference is obviously less opportunity to play at Marvel and the G. I get it, it's not a hardship for Freo yet the big Vic clubs would never travel there. Entitled much. Don't think many finals will be played in Launceston. It's a definite disadvantage.

You want more games at Marvel?

Playing in Tassie is an advantage for WA teams because the travel burden is similar to Melbourne but it means your opponent has also had to travel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course any team would want more games at finals venues. I don't think you're being serious.
You actually have to win enough games in H&A to even worry about finals.

Should be blatantly obvious that the home team that is actually travelling and not playing a home game at home in front of their home fans at their familiar ground is the team that gives up an advantage.

If the home team gives up home advantage
the away teams sees their away disadvantage reduce.

Of course any team would want more games at finals venues. I don't think you're being serious.

It's been 13 years since a final there. It's really only if there are 3 or 4 finals in Melbourne in week 1 that they would consider using it again, like there was 13 years ago. Vic teams don't get home finals like the WA teams do.

Hawks would be rapt to play WA teams somewhere like Albany or Geraldton even though they're not finals venues because it means our opponent has also had their normal routine disrupted.

Lots of players rubbed out this week. Not sure any are Victorians. Did Stewart get looked at? :)

I still cannot understand the complete media silence around the fact Stewart didn’t under go a concussion assessment following his own knock.

We rightfully got hammered for it but the Cats, complete silence on all fronts for a head clash with force.

This was Chris Scott’s response to if a HIA was undertaken

“It’s a question I can’t answer, and to be brutally honest, I just refuse to answer those questions,” Scott begun by saying.”

Absolutely pathetic that this hasn’t been addressed. But it’s Geelong so hey, all quiet on the western front.

Time to improve travel for interstate teams.

My solution is if two pre season games are played that in the first week Dockers play eagles, Swans play Gws, Suns play lions and crows play power.
Second week All victorian teams play interstate teams away. The two that don't play interstate teams can play under lights in alice springs.

As for the regular season.
If gold coast play in Darwin maybe a game to be played against Magpies in Darwin. Make the pies travel

This year was a ideal year for the Eagles to have stayed over in Adelaide after the gather round.
Had to play Power in round one and crows round 11. Just unnecessary travel.
i think eventually playing two melbourne games back to back at least once a year.
If next year either Eagles or dockers have to play either the brisbane teams or sydney teams away they stay over and cut out travel

My solution is if two pre season games are played that in the first week Dockers play eagles, Swans play Gws, Suns play lions and crows play power.
Second week All victorian teams play interstate teams away. The two that don't play interstate teams can play under lights in alice springs.

If gold coast play in Darwin maybe a game to be played against Magpies in Darwin. Make the pies travel

This year was a ideal year for the Eagles to have stayed over in Adelaide after the gather round.
i think eventually playing two melbourne games back to back at least once a year.
If next year either Eagles or dockers have to play either the brisbane teams or sydney teams away they stay over and cut out travel

and if they stayed over there would be whinging about what a disadvantage it was not being able to go back to their homes/families/training facilities.

To me, the starting point should simply be about ensuring decent breaks for WA teams after an away game.

Wouldn't be hard to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back