Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horne Francis opened up the can of worms. We're going to get these stories for the next 10 years.

Been going on far longer than that. I read ages ago that Cyril Rioli deliberately tanked interviews with non-Victorian teams. Some Bulldogs player who I can't remember a few years ago said that his mental health would suffer if he was drafted by a non-Victorian team too.

Horne Francis opened up the can of worms. We're going to get these stories for the next 10 years.

This happened before JHF. I can't remember the name, but there was another draftee within the last 10 or so years that made it very clear he only wanted to be drafted to a Vic club.

This happened before JHF. I can't remember the name, but there was another draftee within the last 10 or so years that made it very clear he only wanted to be drafted to a Vic club.

Dunkley too. Told the Swans he did not want to be drafted outside of Victoria. He told the Swans we could nominate him but we could only match the bid if a non-Victorian team tried to draft him. If a Victorian team drafted him he did not want us to match.

Been going on far longer than that. I read ages ago that Cyril Rioli deliberately tanked interviews with non-Victorian teams. Some Bulldogs player who I can't remember a few years ago said that his mental health would suffer if he was drafted by a non-Victorian team too.
Rioli was (apparently) the Swans' first choice in that draft. Then there was also Dunkley's shenanigans in the 15 draft.

And Chad Wingard made it clear he was staying in SA. If you want to quote examples be even-handed.

Bailey Smith - subsequent events seem to have confirmed he said that in good faith.

Horne-Francis didn't open the can of worms. That can has been open a long time. It just went against a Victorian club this time so people are suddenly up in arms. The only reason people are making a fuss over Reid is he's been touted as a generational talent and Victorians don't want him playing for a non-Victorian side. If West Coast draft Reid, he'll be fine. In fact, he may even like it.

Horne-Francis didn't open the can of worms. That can has been open a long time. It just went against a Victorian club this time so people are suddenly up in arms. The only reason people are making a fuss over Reid is he's been touted as a generational talent and Victorians don't want him playing for a non-Victorian side. If West Coast draft Reid, he'll be fine. In fact, he may even like it.

Don't we now? Must have missed my update from the Victorian hive mind.

I agree, give him a year or two in WA and he might love it.

A lot of this problem would be fixed by raising draft age to 21. I moved interstate at 21, but wouldn't have liked to have done so at 18.

Yeah but this one is all spin when Harley Reid himself said that he was fine going to Eagles and anywhere for that matter just a week ago. 100% see through this BS. Sam Mclure is a joke of a journalist if this is how he wants to report stuff. Going down the Kane Cornes path of just making stuff up for an article and attention.

When do journalist this days say anything remotely true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but this one is all spin when Harley Reid himself said that he was fine going to Eagles and anywhere for that matter just a week ago. 100% see through this BS. Sam Mclure is a joke of a journalist if this is how he wants to report stuff. Going down the Kane Cornes path of just making stuff up for an article and attention.

When do journalist this days say anything remotely true.
This thread proves that basic facts don't get in the way of pathetic, pea hearted whingers and their fake news. There can be no doubt that they're not genuine and definitely not to be taken seriously.

What a pack of whinging, wining w**kers

Victorians … apart from supporters of bottom four sides…. don’t give a rats where he goes. Your theory that we’d prefer him to be at a Vic club outside of the team we.barrack for is absolute nonsense.

If these rumours turn out to be true about Harley Reid not wanting to move from Victoria, The AFL will be forced to step in. If not it sets a dangerous precedence going back the other way with players not wanting to leave SA or WA. It becomes a Draft Integrity issue, clubs over here will just groom young potential guns to say hey "Norths Don't Draft Me I won't be coming". It would benefit clubs like West Coast massively, actually I hope the AFL turn a blind eye to it like they did back when Cotchins mum cried about Trent potentially being drafted over here because we will become a finals powerhouse forever.

Harley Reid is from some Buttfuk town near Echuca, not some pampered little twat from Middle Park. West Coast should definitely draft him. Just feed him a constant stream of bronzed Perth groupies, shower him in all the trappings of that particular form of nouveau riche mining wealth and have a million of parochial WA West Coast weirdos adore him. He'll be fine.

Harley Reid is from some Buttfuk town near Echuca, not some pampered little twat from Middle Park. West Coast should definitely draft him. Just feed him a constant stream of bronzed Perth groupies, shower him in all the trappings of that particular form of nouveau riche mining wealth and have a million of parochial WA West Coast weirdos adore him. He'll be fine.

And a Hungry Jacks sponsorship.

If the eagles are smart they will trade pick one and get two or three top ten picks in return. One player who will leave after two years anyway won’t turn their fortunes around away. Reid’s honesty ( if true) should be applauded.

Which club pays 3 top 10 picks for someone willing to leave anywhere after 2 years?

Its the Melbourne media trying to dilute West Coast's trading power, if Harley doesn't want to go there then it cheapens his price. Same thing happened with Trents Mum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back