Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they are damning stats no matter what way you look at it. I've always thought it was bent from the time the AFL refused to let goals from free kicks to be publicly shared. Really from the time they have their summit in 2000's no Vic clubs in the 8 boo hoo "we cannot let this happen again" and there is no doubt they haven't let it happen again

Might have some merit except Richmond have been on the bottom of the free kick differential ladder since the start of 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Given the Sporting Capital's enormous debt whereby they've had to embarrassingly ditch hosting the 2026 Commonwealth Games, maybe they've also overstretched in the buzzillions they pour into the AFL coffers? Could be a good time to renegotiate some of the backdoor dodgy dealings with other, more fiscally secure states?

Re the grand final location, at least the AFLW show integrity with this by placing the GF in the home state of the higest finisher.

Not so much a matter of integrity so much a most, if not all, potential venues being more than able to handle the expected attendance.

Might have some merit except Richmond have been on the bottom of the free kick differential ladder since the start of 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think Richmond were an anomaly though because the way they play they were always going to give away a lot of free kicks. Chances are the differential should have been larger. Players were much more likely to get a serious injury against Richmond than other clubs,

Butters v Edwards 2021 - ankle out for about 4-5 if I remember correctly. I'll need to do some research.
Making a broad generalisation about how a club played based on a one legal tackle that may or may not have been caused by Edwards rough actions is a bit of a stretch Donk.

Making a broad generalisation about how a club played based on a one legal tackle that may or may not have been caused by Edwards rough actions is a bit of a stretch Donk.
What about the brand new, we just invented a new way to suspend people on the spot rule for nic nat

Lets just say then my perception is that you tend to get more injuries than normal when you're tackled by Richmond players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the Sporting Capital's enormous debt whereby they've had to embarrassingly ditch hosting the 2026 Commonwealth Games, maybe they've also overstretched in the buzzillions they pour into the AFL coffers? Could be a good time to renegotiate some of the backdoor dodgy dealings with other, more fiscally secure states?

You mean those states that are subsidised by NSW and Victoria?

Now I almost think what I'm about to post deserves to be a thread on it's own and addressed separately, but I'll leave it in here.
Did a bit of research. 116-66 frees for/frees against at the MCG for Collingwood against interstate sides this season. No matter which way you look at it, that is farcical, corrupt and frankly a stain on the credibility of the competition. What do you guys reckon the reason for it is? I think it's a lot to do with umpires being too scared to pay free kicks against Collingwood because of the hostile reception they receive from Collingwood fans more than anything, and potentially feel unsafe making the 'right' decisions. Something needs to be done about it though because it's beyond a joke.
Do the same for Richmond.

Whoops. Your myth busted.
That was easy.

I think Richmond were an anomaly though because the way they play they were always going to give away a lot of free kicks. Chances are the differential should have been larger. Players were much more likely to get a serious injury against Richmond than other clubs,

Whilst every opposition team, as if by magic, suddenly becomes much more disciplined when they play Richmond. Not only getting more free kicks that usual but somehow managing to give away many less :think:

2 myths busted in one post :thumbsu:

This thread would be far less delusional if it were named 'Anti Richmond bias - Genuine discussion.

Other myths busted or confirmed in this thread:

Myth: Non Melbourne based clubs are disadvantaged by travel in the home and away season.
Myth Busted: The reality is that Non Melbourne based clubs have been over 250% more likely to make the top 2 since 2000.

Myth: Melbourne based clubs do much better in finals.
Myth Confirmed: No matter where finals are played or who is the travelling teams. Melbourne based clubs outperform non-Melbourne based clubs because they need to be so much better than non-Melbourne based clubs to make the finals in the first place.

Myth: Melbourne based clubs are benefited by the Grand Final being played at the MCG.
Myth Busted: Success in grand finals played between Melbourne and non-Melbourne based clubs is very close to equal. Comparison of finals played in the same finals series between the same clubs (eg Eagles and Pies in 2018) indicate the advantage to the MCG tenant over the club geographically located furthest from the MCG is less than a goal.

Myth: No matter how many unsporting advantages their clubs get, supporters of non-Melbourne based clubs will whinge at supporters of Melbourne based clubs, infernally, in the hope that by wearing them down, their clubs will receive even more outrageous advantages than they already get (Think Veruca Salts in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).
Myth confirmed: This and many other threads leave no doubt whatsoever that many supporters on non-Melbourne based clubs are a pack of whinging, wining, entitled spoilt children and will never change no matter how much they are gifted and no matter hard others work to carry them.

So Rampe copped a suspension for a behind the play bump.

Dusty with a blatant elbow behind play that dropped his opponent. Discounted.

Even Slobo couldnt understand wtf the AFL were doing.

VAFL alive and well.
I would not listen to a thing Robbo said, I don't believe Rampe or Martin should have been suspended. Either way the system as usual is a failure

Spent so much on pinching the Grand Prix. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back