Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do we get to the point that each club gets one priority pick each from their own state before the draft every year.
this way the WA clubs get the two highest rated footballers in WA each year, the Vic clubs get the best 10 players in Victoria and so on.
this keeps players where they want to be and also creates a genuine real national feel to the clubs and who they play for. It then eliminates this crap with players leaving after a year.

When do we get to the point that each club gets one priority pick each from their own state before the draft every year.
this way the WA clubs get the two highest rated footballers in WA each year, the Vic clubs get the best 10 players in Victoria and so on.
this keeps players where they want to be and also creates a genuine real national feel to the clubs and who they play for. It then eliminates this crap with players leaving after a year.
When we have a truly national comp.

Which wont happen for a long long time.

You know that would greatly benefit the Vic clubs right?

I saw a report from the SA media a few months ago about how South Aussie clubs should now go all out and poach SA players from non SA Clubs, following Dawson, Rankine, JH-F etc

I don't have an issue/problem with it myself.but naturally it's no different to people in Vic media encouraging Harley Reid to refuse to go to West Coast (which imo is most likely cause the Eagles will spend at least the next 5 Years in the bottom 4, nothing to do with living in WA).

Very few WA talents have gone at the top end of the draft recently. You would be fine finishing last and ending up with the 7th best player?

Look you are probably right but we also can’t have any draft tampering. Players that are drafted should have to serve a minimum of 4 years at the club they are drafted to unless an agreement can be made to trade them out and get very too compensation.
I get that maybe Reid might not want to come to West Coast but I think it should be illegal for the media to discuss it and Reid even if he wants to stay in Victoria should be told in no uncertain terms you will go where you are drafted and if you say another word you will be removed from the draft and have your career put on hold fir a year while you come to terms with the fact you don’t decide where you get drafted.

How often does this actually happen? Extenuating circumstances with everyone I can think of.

Look you are probably right but we also can’t have any draft tampering. Players that are drafted should have to serve a minimum of 4 years at the club they are drafted to unless an agreement can be made to trade them out and get very too compensation.
I get that maybe Reid might not want to come to West Coast but I think it should be illegal for the media to discuss it and Reid even if he wants to stay in Victoria should be told in no uncertain terms you will go where you are drafted and if you say another word you will be removed from the draft and have your career put on hold fir a year while you come to terms with the fact you don’t decide where you get drafted.
I 100% agree, but sadly I think in this day and age, it is never going to happen.

Clubs should get together and just not take any player who "wants to come home"

They can't sue anyone if they don't want them at their club.

And do what for 3 years? It would kill AFL - teens will go into soccer instead.
From what I can see online, the average pay is about double in the AFL compared to the A League. I don't think it's that alluring.

How often does this actually happen? Extenuating circumstances with everyone I can think of.

JHF is the only example I can think of where he just wanted to get somewhere else.

You know that would greatly benefit the Vic clubs right?
I don't see how. It would be an issue for NSW/Qld. Maybe all clubs should have Academies and then have rules that allow you to use your picks on your Academy players. In my opinion some players develop better in their home state around family/friends others it doesn't make a difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see how. It would be an issue for NSW/Qld. Maybe all clubs should have Academies and then have rules that allow you to use your picks on your Academy players. In my opinion some players develop better in their home state around family/friends others it doesn't make a difference.
If Adelaide and Port Adelaide finished last and 2nd last, would you be happy with getting Phillipou (pick 10) and Port Adelaide Harry Barnett (24)?

All clubs do have academies with different limitations. Traditional states (mostly) can't just pull from the existing pathways, and the Northern states have had to set up the elite pathways for their academies.

I saw a report from the SA media a few months ago about how South Aussie clubs should now go all out and poach SA players from non SA Clubs, following Dawson, Rankine, JH-F etc

I don't have an issue/problem with it myself.but naturally it's no different to people in Vic media encouraging Harley Reid to refuse to go to West Coast (which imo is most likely cause the Eagles will spend at least the next 5 Years in the bottom 4, nothing to do with living in WA).
What? Vic clubs have been poaching their players playing in non Vic States home for years!
How can you possibly say that now we are doing it that draft tampering should be allowed?
It’s hilarious that when a non Vic club can get any sort of advantage, even though that advantage has been there for the Bjc clubs for years, the Vic clubs should get compensated! Unbelievable!!!

AFL investigation into Port concussion issue is #VICBIAS
The investigation isn't VicBias but the commentators reaction to it on the night is. How many other players go down and get hit and get back and there is no hysterical reaction from the commentators. And make no mistake there is only an investigation because of the commentators that night. Same with Rioli bitch slapping Flopperboy. Gets 2 games due to commentators reaction nothing more. They consistently bring out the pitchforks and go after non-Vic players.

The investigation isn't VicBias but the commentators reaction to it on the night is. How many other players go down and get hit and get back and there is no hysterical reaction from the commentators. And make no mistake there is only an investigation because of the commentators that night. Same with Rioli bitch slapping Flopperboy. Gets 2 games due to commentators reaction nothing more. They consistently bring out the pitchforks and go after non-Vic players.
This is a really bad take on the argument regarding bias. Given the context of everything this has happened with head injuries and suspensions this year etc everything that was/is being said is completely justified.

The hit looks brutal…absolute joke that he came back onto the ground. Makes a Mockery for those 20+ players that have been suspended for sling tackles etc when you allow that sort of stuff to happen.

This is a really bad take on the argument regarding bias. Given the context of everything this has happened with head injuries and suspensions this year etc everything that was/is being said is completely justified.

The hit looks brutal…absolute joke that he came back onto the ground. Makes a Mockery for those 20+ players that have been suspended for sling tackles etc when you allow that sort of stuff to happen.
We will see the next time it happens if a player is allowed to get up and continue playing after taking a hit. I've seen it before and I'm sure will see it again and we'll see if it comes with the associated hysteria. BTW its the hysteria I don't like Aliir should obviously been taken off the ground and given a test.

Hysterical reaction?

Both blokes were out cold and your sorry excuse for a doctor sent one of them back out there. The players for Adelaide reportedly said Aliir's actions were strange and he didn't look right at all.

Your doctor also has form for this.

How you could accuse this of being #VICBIAS is beyond me. Surely your players' welfare takes precedence over trying to win a game of footy?

Hysterical reaction?

Both blokes were out cold and your sorry excuse for a doctor sent one of them back out there. The players for Adelaide reportedly said Aliir's actions were strange and he didn't look right at all.

Your doctor also has form for this.

How you could accuse this of being #VICBIAS is beyond me. Surely your players' welfare takes precedence over trying to win a game of footy?
Hysterical Reaction -
1690854909624.png
Found guilty and pre-empting a massive penalty even before there is a discussion.

You still don't get it. Its about the reaction not what happened. You're not reading my post.

And you are doing the same thing presumed guilty before an inquiry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back