Votes vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

3. Lonergan - not only for the goal assists but just the way he threw his body on the line for the 50/50 ball, most times against blokes that were bigger than him. Like that time he jumped on the ground and just tapped on for us to score a goal (can't remember who?). That was worth more than 5-10 useless stats.

Outstanding game today!!

3.Stanton
2.Lovett
1.Lucas!

Very disappionted we fell away like that, not good. Geez lloydy needed to stay forward today which would have helped out Neagle. Ahwell, need a big few weeks and a big win over Melbourne if we are gonna make a crack at the 8.

These threads always make me think what a sham the Brownlow is, especially when the top few players are separated by very little (which is often the case).

It could go so many ways.

Lovett, Stanton, Watson, Pears, McVeigh, Lucas.... I just can't put a 3-2-1 on it. Doesn't mean Essendon played particularly well/poorly - just the nature of the team game.

I'm certainly not knocking these threads - I understand their purpose and I enjoy them - but I am knocking the Brownlow. The top 10 in that should all get a set of golf clubs, their names printed in the paper, and free alcohol for the rest of the night. In fact, I'll organise it. Don't you worry. Demetriou et al will be at Crown but I'll have all the players and their better halves 'round my place. Ablett Jr will certainly have the recognition he deserves. And there'll be no cameras at my place so everyone can get wasted and fight and worship the freakin Devil and not have to worry about the Minister for High and Mightiness setting the hounds of hypocrisy on them. They can even take drugs. The Brownhigh we'll call it. 10 winners every year. But the real winner will be football. And "getting toasted. Nicely toasted."

Stanton BOG? :eek: Just coz he had 30+ possesions doesnt mean he was any good.

Lovett
Watson
Lucas

Have to say i agree. I think i was watching a different football game today. An overwhelming majority of people have him in the best 3 players but i thought he was quite poor. Can think of 7 or 8 names before even bringing him into consideration.

3. Lovett
2. Pears
1. Watson

Pears was good wasn't he. He is growing as a player every single week.

I won't do a 3-2-1 but i will name the best players.

Best: Lonergan, Lovett, Pears, Watson, Lucas, McVeigh, Ryder.

Have to say i agree. I think i was watching a different football game today. An overwhelming majority of people have him in the best 3 players but i thought he was quite poor. Can think of 7 or 8 names before even bringing him into consideration.

Pears was good wasn't he. He is growing as a player every single week.

I won't do a 3-2-1 but i will name the best players.

Best: Lonergan, Lovett, Pears, Watson, Lucas, McVeigh, Ryder.

I must have been at the same game as you SirJimi I totally agree with your comments :thumbsu:

yeah i forgot Ryder, he put in another phenomenal effort. love his tackling and second efforts for a big man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Votes vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back