Votes Vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Newman. Great game and enormous last quarter. He has become an inspirational captain. Doing everything we want from him - body on the line, winning contests, using it beautifully and even getting forward and kicking goals. As have others, I've been critical of him over the past couple of seasons but as Mario said he's back playing as well as we knew he could. Well done Skip.
4. Deledio. What I love about Lids is that if we're in with a sniff he goes up a cog or six. He is a complete footballer: wins the hard ones, uses it sublimely, marks as well as anyone. To come back after what looked like a nasty injury shows there is a quiet leader in this one. The better we get the better he'll be. Can't wait to see him take a high-stakes game by the scruff of the neck so the wider world realises how good this kid is.
3. Riewoldt. Deadset superstar this bloke. The best hands in the biz, bar none. His mark and centering kick for Collins was stuff only the best forwards can do. His subtle soccer skills and peerless body work shows he's just about the smartest footballer going around too.
2. Moore. Solid as a rock, did not make a mistake, and attacked when required.
1. Connors. Pure class. I think the penny has well and truly dropped, at long last. Credit to him, he has turned himself around. Just stay off the piss, for chrissakes, Dan, and you will be a 200-game player in a very good side.

Mentions: Cousins was fantastic, Collins brave and brilliant, Farmer a real leader, Gus (I don't think I could sum it up any better than Mario did), Thursty back to his best, Astbury is a beauty; Martin, Cotch, Tuck & Jacko took on the warriors and proved they are made of stuff just as stern. Tambling had a poor game but proved right the adage that you can always do something with some very important plays in the last quarter. I'll mention Biggie Griffiths as well, not just because he's yet to play in a losing team but he looks like he's starting to find his feet.

Great win, a little lucky perhaps to be close enough to snatch it thanks to some poor Swans finishing, but a win like that against a bogey team is massive. My man-love for Dimma grows by the week, but I bet it's nothing compared to how these kids feel about him.

We're no chance of pick 4 or the PP but winning beats losing every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Go you mighty Tigers, there's pride back in the beast!

5. Deledio - great courage to come back after suffering an injury led from the front.
4. Newman - when the team needed in the last the captain stood up.
3. Jack - 5 goals in the end and kept us in the game early on. Turned the match with that grab in the 3rd.
2. Moore - had the better of Goodes and although Goodes looked like he could be the difference Moore was smart enough to tighten up on him.
1. Connors - sets up play across the backline so well. Starting to understand that he doesn't have to take on everyone.

Mentions: Martin Collins Astbury Thursfield Jackson

I knew that if i scrolled this thread long enough that someone would save me the trouble of typing out my votes Well done RT :thumbsu::thumbsu:
I could'nt have written it better myself.

5.Deledio(hes a gun and courageous/tough cant speak highly enough of him)
4.Newman(Wasn't a fan but now I'm sold, real captain, doesnt cheat now, plays hard)
3.Reiwoldt(that mark was carey-esque, standard day out for Jack)
2.Collins(didnt get it much but was the matchwinner)
1.Moore(best game he's played for a long long time, showed he has talent)

unlucky: Farmer, Martin, Thursfield, Graham, Jackson, Tuck, Connors, Cuz and Astbury ie not many passengers! Loved White's 2nd half, even bloody King is playing a role well:D

5) Newman
4) Riewoldt
3) Deledio
2) Thursfield
1) Cotchin

Bit different from most - I know Cotch didn't have as much as a midfielder would be expected to have, but his touches were sheer class and set up a few goals for us. And Thursty finally showed some attacking prowess.

On Tambling - completely agree with Mario: About half way through the third he stepped into gear and was quite good thereafter, including taking two courageous marks :thumbsu:

Na Mario his long kicking was great, it's his short kicking that's the problem. It's a tough hard game, especially against the Swans, and Jacko is as tough as they come.
Fair point, probably a knee-jerk reply on my behalf...and I've never questioned his toughness....but I stand by comments on his disposal and decision making, and if he was as the other poster asserted instructed to just kick it long...well that says it all really, as coaches rarely instruct players with good skills to do "just kick it long"...would be a far more valuable player if he knew his limitations when he had the ball (like just taking the tackle or going over going over the boundary line instead of always trying to get rid of it f.e.)

...and for those who think I'm biased, well maybe I do react to the -IMO- baffling man love Jackson receives from some here by singling him out , but bare in mind.....I just gave BOG to a player I've mercilessly criticised and at times even shown utter contempt towards, for the best part of the last decade...

5. Newman
4. Deledio
3. Collins
2. Reiwoldt
1. Farmer

Also top games from Martin, Nason, Cotch (especially early on i think), Graham and almost everyone. Im very impressed with King lately too. He used to be a bloke you would watch just to have a bit of a chuckle at his antics around the ground but i am really finding it exciting actually watching him play football.

Yeah kicking long ...to the Swans....:eek:

Or not.

Votes:
5: Moore (in partnership with the entire backline).
4: Martin (Apart from his attack on the ball, his goal allowed us the chance to dream again).
3: Reiwoldt (five goals plus assists)
2: Jackson (13 tackles and about 560 metres gained)
1: Newman (1 shocking kick, 17 that were creative including two captain's goals)

Great games from Deledio (28 disposals), Connors (26 disposals), Collins (3 goals and one perfect pass to Reiwoldt) and Graham (19 hit outs).

Jackson's strength in the packs should not be underestimated. 13 tackles, two superb bumps in close, no one escapes alive when he is involved. Kicking long and without hesitation (probably under instruction). Replay on at 7.30pm perhaps you should watch again without your obvious bias. Wonderful player in a team such as the mighties.
Well you can add me to those who weren't impressed with Jacksons effort today, I thought he was poor and unfortunately showed glimpses of his past, pre the last month or so, of over committment and lack of accountability.
Over committment, or attack on the footy, fine line which I think Jacko has stayed on the right side of lately, but jumped onto the wrong side of that line again today unfortunately.

Well you can add me to those who weren't impressed with Jacksons effort today, I thought he was poor and unfortunately showed glimpses of his past, pre the last month or so, of over committment and lack of accountability.
Over committment, or attack on the footy, fine line which I think Jacko has stayed on the right side of lately, but jumped onto the wrong side of that line again today unfortunately.

Just dont know what gets into his head 9 times out of 10 when he goes back for his kick, runs in and like clockwork second guesses himself, stuttering and turning back etc etc. Tipping its more about him still suffering Terry Wallaceitis.
;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can anyone tell me how jakey king went? seemed a bit quiet on the tv...definately had some unfair calls made againest him by the umps...then again i agree with one of the other posters on here when they said he is a marked man lol.
also, no mcguane=no stress? from what i watched moore did a fantastic job as did will and it didnt look as though we missed mcguane too much? I may be wrong so thats why I'm asking...for clarification ;)

Jackson's strength in the packs should not be underestimated. 13 tackles, two superb bumps in close, no one escapes alive when he is involved. Kicking long and without hesitation (probably under instruction). Replay on at 7.30pm perhaps you should watch again without your obvious bias. Wonderful player in a team such as the mighties.
I thought his toughness and stamina was really important. Without the aid of a replay seemed to me he was going harder than anyone else very late in the game and willing his teammates to do same ie Cuz, Cotch, Tuck

5. Newman – Was very solid all day (except that one kick in), but just stepped it up to a match winning level in the last quarter, 2 goals and a pinpoint pass to Riewoldt for goal number 5. His composure to assess all the options, then run to 55 and kick that goal was what you expect from your captain.

4. Deledio – It took me a long time to realise just how good this guy is, even longer to realise how tough he is. Showed both attributes in spades today.

3. Moore – Beat Adam Goodes, that was just about the most important job a Richmond player had today. His attack out of defence was also first rate.

2. Riewoldt – Don’t know the last time that a Tiger who kicked 5 wouldn’t have been number 1 or 2 on the ground for me, but I’m glad it’s the case. Made the most of his opportunities, and set up goals was well as kicking them.

1. Cousins – I just thought that when we were looking like falling away his work ethic and key touches helped keep us alive. Worked his arse off.

Cotchin & Connors are probably the unlucky ones.

5. Newman - Captains game, and two great captains goals
4. Deledio - fantastic run and carry off half back, sets up play time and time again
3. Cotchin - watch that last quarter agin and see they way he threw himself into every content, and was the reason why the ball was pumped into the forward 50 in that last term
2. Cousins - was in and under feeding out the hadball and constantly setting up attacks
1. Astbury - thought his composure with the football was amazing for a first year player, and had a cool head when it counted

Remove this Banner Ad

Votes Vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back