State Focus WA 2024 - Western Australia’s junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just thinking the other day that Boxshall reminds me a little of Brandon Starcevich when he was drafted.
I could see him moving into the backline and playing a role at AFL level.

Just for fun, something to reflect on in years to come.
  1. Hamish Davis
  2. Luke Urquhart
  3. Boxshall
  4. Allan
  5. Gerreyn
  6. Dennis
  7. Angove
  8. Hayes
  9. Champion
  10. Artemis
  11. Burke
  12. Van Der Struyf
I think your top 12 is more likely to be the real draft contenders from WA.

Mine has a few personal favourites and wildcards and isn't meant to be a predictor. Just trying to get some names out there. Although, guys like Cotellessa have the numbers on the board.

I'll be disappointed if we all can't get a big bunch of WA names out there for the 2025 group. That will cut deep.

Thus, I'm going to bust a gut to get at least 30 WA names on the radar in 2025 because the quality is there and those players deserve to be recognised.

Last edited:

Have high hopes for Pauline to push for League status in 2025 with EF. Won the JC this year despite playing a 1/3 or the season in the reserves.... where he held his own and was rewarded with a reserves Premiership medal.Still colts eligible for 2025 as well

Hopefully others in Sanchez, Austin, Campbell, Vladich and Dean can push their claims for some League exposure at EF next year too. All bar Vladich, were colts eligible this year, but held their own in when promoted up a level and played in EF reserves Premiership side. Plus Zac Petersen who unfortunately missed out on the day, when Jamie Meade came back from injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

State Focus WA 2024 - Western Australia’s junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back