State Focus WA 2024 - Western Australia’s junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 10 in draft order for WA?

From my readings and I know very little about this crop, it seems as though it is,
1- Allen
2- Gerreyn
3- Davis
4- Champion
5- Urqhart
6-?
Top 10 for me out of WA.

1-Allan
2-Davis
3-Gerreyn

Above 3 a fair way in front of rest of WA crop I think.

4-Dennis
5-Boxshall
6-Angove
7-Hayes
8-Champion
9-Urquhart
10-Artemis/Riddle

Top 10 for me out of WA.

1-Allan
2-Davis
3-Gerreyn

Above 3 a fair way in front of rest of WA crop I think.

4-Dennis
5-Boxshall
6-Angove
7-Hayes
8-Champion
9-Urquhart
10-Artemis/Riddle
Interesting, the very little that I have seen of Dennis I like this rating, he looked very promising.

All looks good to me those predictions.

I'd be quite disappointed if Urquhart didn't get drafted after how he performed in the national championships.

Also in an interview he did, he explained that he had to have operations on his hips when he was 16 or 17 and wasn't able to walk for quite some time.

So he had to regain the ability to walk, then run and then play sport. His kicking technique had to be redisgned also.

As each month goes by he's getting more compactness in movement and kicking - all be it with a slightly reinvented action much like a fast bowler coming back from a serious back injury.

I think his upside is tremendous. Surely he is at least worth a rookie spot?

Last edited:
All looks good to me those predictions.

I'd be quite disappointed if Urquhart didn't get drafted after how he performed in the national championships.

Also in an interview he did, he explained that he had to have operations on his hips when he was 16 or 20 and wasn't able to walk for quite some time.

So he had to regain the ability to walk, then run and then play sport. His kicking technique had to be redisgned also.

As each month goes by he's getting more compactness in movement and kicking - all be it with a slightly reinvented action much like a fast bowler coming back from a serious back injury.

I think his upside is tremendous. Surely he is at least worth a rookie spot?
He has done amazingly well to get where he is today. I’m just not sure he has demonstrated enough. He really only had one good game in the Nationals. His performances in the Colts and PSA weren’t overly impressive, his last game was in early August and he didn’t play at any senior level.

He has done amazingly well to get where he is today. I’m just not sure he has demonstrated enough. He really only had one good game in the Nationals. His performances in the Colts and PSA weren’t overly impressive, his last game was in early August and he didn’t play at any senior level.
Mate, be fair. He only played three
colts games and got votes in two.

I think Urquhart is well worth a look, kicking is the only standout weakness for mine. He still has a very long leg just an awkward action that lets him down similar to Josh Dunkley once upon a time, who has fixed it and become a great player. Yes he hasn't been out on the park much but has performed well in most chances, and clearly is held in some internal regard to skipper WA in Allan's absence. Taj Hotton hasn't played almost all year and will go in the first round on talent, while we've seen guys in the past like Jed Hagan dominate juniors and not get drafted because they lack "AFL attributes".

So with the Eagles trading down to pick 12 and freo a few spots behind, that's right in Bo Allan territory

Eagles list manager was on sen breakfast (I think) with goss and Scotty Cummings and spoke pretty glowingly of Bo. You'd think he's in the mix.

As an Eagles fan I feel he's pretty similar to Ginbey style wise and we really need pure mids as a priority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

State Focus WA 2024 - Western Australia’s junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back