WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never been a fanny of anyone, but then again I've never been to prison.

LOL my bad! Didn't notice that. Still, glad it got a laugh. I guess it teaches me to check my posts more carefully in future.

Aside from that Bucca played really well he has really come on and should make his debut in the coming weeks you'd assume

So are we thinking Bucca will come in and play a forward role? Who would come out? Mayne, Ballas or de Boer?

Do it this week. DB back, Dodd and MacP out. Bucca and snos in. Hase another week of rest.

I know Dodd and MacP are hard bodies and I respect MacP's tackling. But Bucca's tackle stats are looking great. If he has the ability to step up at AFL level as some of our other young players have then it is worth finding out now.

I also think against the Saints defensive pressure Pav could be more a midfielder this week, and a long-kicking, strong forward like Bucca could be very useful. I would even consider Murphy, but I think his total defensive uselessness would hurt us.

Do it this week. DB back, Dodd and MacP out. Bucca and snos in.

In years past I would have been apprehensive about throwing a youngster into a crunch game like this, but the way these players have impressed this year makes me want to see more of our list!!

It's a pity we can't field two teams, I reckon our second 22 would still put on a great show. :thumbsu:

In years past I would have been apprehensive about throwing a youngster into a crunch game like this, but the way these players have impressed this year makes me want to see more of our list!!

It's a pity we can't field two teams, I reckon our second 22 would still put on a great show. :thumbsu:

Yeah, about the same standard as the Washington Generals playing the Harlem Globetrotters.

The latest WAFL News is up here.

One of the strongest summaries on a player I've read for a while in this statement;

"Ben Bucovaz
Ben played forward and often started up the ground at centre bounces. His forward pressure was excellent, and at one stage he made five strong efforts to pressure the South Freo defence, which resulted in a turnover. He was really strong around the footy and he ended up kicking 2.4 from 17 possessions in a really solid game."

Watch for his name tomorrow in the team lists after being named as an emergency for v Adelaide.

Thanks Equilax, I love those writeups.
Great signs from Houghton and Sibo.
Sibo is a superb aerialist and when he runs with the ball and delivers he looks fantastic. I'm really starting to believe he will play AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easts vs West Perth qtr time stats

Chris Hall - 2 kicks, 1 inside 50, 1 goal. - Good with ball in hand, just needs to get it more, his two possessions have resulted in two goals for Easts, the first from a nice entry to advantage of the sharks players, the other a very classy snap from a stoppage.

Just needs to find more of it.

Dodd's had a mark and a handball, hardly sighted. Doing an ok job on Tsalakis.

Buca has had three handballs, no marks, first handball was very good, resulted in a goal. Needs to have a bigger influence if he wants a game.

According to the boundary rider Buca is under instruction to drag his man back to the goal line. Still managed a nice opportunistic snap out of the air.
Stevens from WC dominating. Looks a ripper.

According to the boundary rider Buca is under instruction to drag his man back to the goal line. Still managed a nice opportunistic snap out of the air.

Also kicked an opportunisitc soccer early in the second.

Stevens from WC dominating. Looks a ripper.

Was outstanding last week as well, I really dont understand what their coach is thinking saying a kid like that is not ready and then playing hacks like Mcginnity.

Anyway back to our kids - Stats to half time.

Chris Hall - 7 possesions, 6 kicks 1 handball, made a few clangers early in the second, visibly lifted his workrate, still a work in progress, still needs some more conditioning from my perspective, enough to work with.

Dodd - 8 possesions, no real influence, found more of the footy that quarter but generally a kick behind the play, did win an important ball in the middle, took the hit and dished of a nice handball, best passage for him. Also got caught running out from d50, lack of awareness resulted in him being caught and a turnover goal resulted.

Bucavaz - Playing a team role by dragging Brent Lecras out of the game, positioning himself in the goalsquare, has been creative when the ball has been down there, fired a good handball to Monteath who duffed the kick 20 out directly in front, hand a snap at goal that barely missed and kicked a nice soccer goal early. Very team orientated match at them moment.

3qtr time

Hall - 11 possies, not really having an influence on the game, needs to find it more and get a little more involved.

Dodd - 14 possies, no influence, has now pushed forward.

Buca - Struggled in the third, still playing deep forward 11 possesions and a goal thus far.

What did you do IJM?

Get in a fight about McPhee not being a spud? :D

Some BS with my visa, they gave me wrong information a month or so back (come in and get your passport stamped, as opposed to fill out half a dozen applications, requiring shit like police clearances) so when i went the day before it expired (like i was told) to finish it all off, i didn't have enough time to get it all sorted and went over the time limit.

They put me in the cooler to talk to the judge about it all the next day, but couldn't get an appointment, so had to stay in a ****ing second night. Next morning rolls around, they come in and tell me they found the paperwork at the immigration office which confirmed my story, so i actually don't need to see the judge, they gave me my shit and sent me on my way. No charges, no meeting with the judge, nothing....

ffffuuuuu.jpg

The stupidity of the entire situation astounds me. I wasn't allowed to take my shoes into my cell because of maybe hanging myself with the laces, but i was wearing a pair of board shorts with laces on them, which was totally allright, as if noone would dare hang themselves in their underwear... :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Didn't know if i was going to be deported, sent to the big house or wtf was going on, and with nothing to do, your mind just does not stop. It's clear to see why that sort of punishment has been around for hundreds of years. Crazy experience.

WAFL Stats early in the 3rd quarter:

Peel vs East Perth

• Crichton - 15 poss, 2 goals (best for Peel)
  • Roberton - 13 poss, 2 tackles
  • Shepherd - 4 poss, 3 tackles
South Freo vs Perth

• Bollenhagen - 8 poss, 2 goals
  • Houghton - 9 poss, 3 marks, 2 goals 1 behind, 3 tackles
  • Ruffles - 9 poss, 1 goal
  • Sibosado - 8 poss
  • Murphy - 10 poss, 4 marks, 1 goal 2 behinds
Subiaco vs Swan Districts

• Hinkley - 13 poss, 4 tackles, 1 goal
  • Pearce - 14 poss, 3 tackles
  • Walters - 12 poss

Edit: beaten by Braeden!

Just watched Souths run away with it.

Joel Houghton is going to be a player, moves and marks like one K. Tippet, better kick on goal though, still got some work to do with his body but played well in a poor side.

Ruffles was ok, still looks like he needs some more Km's in the legs.

Murph was Murph.

Sibo was well beaten by Wilson for the second time in as many games, lead to the ball too often and really didnt offer much the other way.

Bollenhagen started brightly and faded badly, needs to work harder defensively. Alot of Souths attack were through himself and Ferguson, these two boys just wouldnt run the other way.

Just watched Souths run away with it.

Joel Houghton is going to be a player, moves and marks like one K. Tippet, better kick on goal though, still got some work to do with his body but played well in a poor side.

I played against Joel way back in Juniors. I must say, I'm surprised how well he has done because he never used to set the world on fire at all really.

Clayton Hinkley - 18 disposals, 6 tackles, 3 I50, 1 goal
Clancee Pearce - 24 disposals, 8 marks, 4 tackles
Michael Walters - 19 disposals, 10 marks, 5 tackles
Jesse Crichton - 23 disposals, 3 I50, 2 goals
Dylan Roberton - 21 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles
Hamish Shepheard - 10 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles
Justin Bollenhagen - 10 disposals, 2 goals
Joel Houghton - 12 disposals, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 3 goals
Tim Ruffles - 15 disposals, 5 I50, 1 goal
Casey Sibosado - 13 disposals, 5 marks, 2 tackles
Ryan Murphy - 14 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 3 goals
Ben Bucovaz - 14 disposals, 3 tackles, 1 goal
Steven Dodd - 17 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles
Chris Hall - 14 disposals, 4 tackles, 5 I50, 1 goal

Judging from those stats, there look to be a few guys pushing for selection this week. Hinkley, Pearce, Walters, Roberton and Murphy could all find themselves in the 25.

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back