WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, my info must be bad.

I heard from a mate that works at SEN that they had been told Johnno was playing WAFL this weekend and they were on "WAFL Watch" to give a report if things went brilliant or shithouse dependant on his performance.
But if the Coach says no then I believe him.

Sounds like MJ is getting flogged on the track. This could be a real blessing in terms of getting the best out of him.
I'll probably go watch the Demons first half Saturday would be cool if he's out there. He is a Demon right?

Sounds like MJ is getting flogged on the track. This could be a real blessing in terms of getting the best out of him.
I'll probably go watch the Demons first half Saturday would be cool if he's out there. He is a Demon right?

He was recuited from Perth so I would say he is still is.

Hall named on a wing for East Freo, hopefully gets a run in the middle.

Bucovaz at CHF for the Sharks.

Johnson won't be playing WAFL this week because Perth have the bye.

Murphy in the negatives in WAFL DT points so far against the mighty Swans.:D

Just kicked a nice goal then.

I don't even really think of Murphy as a Freo player any more anyway. He's just playing out time till he gets the inevitable arse at the end of the season.

East Perth vs Subiaco (3 Quarter Time)
Clarke - 5 disposals, 2 tackles, 15 hitouts
Shepheard - 11 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles

East Fremantle vs Peel Thunder (6 minutes into 4th Quarter)
Bucovaz - 10 disposals, 2 marks, 3 goals
Dodd - 27 disposals, 9 marks, 2 tackles, 3 I50's
Crichton - 16 disposals, 3 I50's

South Fremantle vs Swans Districts (2 minutes into 4th Quarter)
Murphy - 7 disposals, 3 marks, 3 goals
Hinkley - 17 disposals, 3 tackles, 1 goal
Pearce - 8 disposals, 2 tackles, 1 goal (the same as half time, injury?)
Walters - 15 disposals, 6 tackles

West Perth vs Claremont (12 minutes into 4th Quarter)
Schammer - 26 disposals, 3 tackles, 1 goal

Yeah Pearce went off pretty early, copped a knock, not sure if he's concussed, didn't see any structural injury.
Hinkley has been busy ish, kicked a nice goal. Walters has sent some nice balls in to the forwards. You'd love him coming toward you as a leading forward.

Yeah Pearce went off pretty early, copped a knock, not sure if he's concussed, didn't see any structural injury.
Hinkley has been busy ish, kicked a nice goal. Walters has sent some nice balls in to the forwards. You'd love him coming toward you as a leading forward.

Just doesn't have a footy brain though E-Shed. That getting caught in the tackle in the middle of the ground, no awareness. Mind you, I did yell at Twomey for some of his stupid short kicks as well. They don't do my blood pressure any good!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just doesn't have a footy brain though E-Shed. That getting caught in the tackle in the middle of the ground, no awareness. Mind you, I did yell at Twomey for some of his stupid short kicks as well. They don't do my blood pressure any good!:D

Been fairly negative about Hinkley a few times Swannies. Do you think hes up to AFL standard or is he still developing.

We're going to have to make a few hard decisions end of the year. He might be a possible delisting --> rookie.

If Twomey didn't butcher some of those kicks so badly I thought he would've had a really good game, swannies. He definitely had some shockers but won some good contests.

Michael Walters is just... so... close. He's got so much obvious talent but needs a little bit extra to get to then next level. I was watching the game on tele today and I remember one point in the third quarter at about the fifteen minute mark which sums him up. He did wonderfully well to chase a loose ball alongside a Sowfs player, can't remember who, but it was on the wing in front of the members. He closed him down and dived on the ball to partially smother a soccer kick, but got up slowly and allowed his opponent to keep on running unaided, as Jako would say. His opponent made it to the next two contests, luckily not affecting them, but Sonny was still slacking it further down the ground as the opponent created an extra number and allowed Sowfs to win the next few contests. It was below par for an AFL player and I think these are the moments that the coaches are trying to work on and make him understand that you need to follow up on your efforts, no matter how exhausted you are.

Hinkley didn't appear to be terrible, but clearly lacked awareness at a few crucial moments. Got tackled for a holding the ball decision in the corridor at one stage where he never should've been caught, but he dawdled along indecisively and was easily run down in the end. I noticed on one or two other occasions when he picked up the footy and stood flat footed instead of using some of his pace and trying to find space. Found a bit of the footy and his disposal was good on a few occasions, less good at other times. On that performance, I have my doubts that the coaches will persevere with him next season.

Murphy was Murphy. Dropped one or two grabs that weren't easy, but you would expect a key forward at AFL level to take. He worked well at ground level on a few occasions, I was really impressed when he never gave up on three consecutive chases at one stage. He still needs to do more though. He needs to get the footy in his hands more, he needs to present more, he needs to do a bit better when he gets the footy.

Down an Medibank today watching the Royals and Lions and Clarke stood up big in the last quarter and really played pretty well today, his best game by far that I have seen this year and really went in hard and led well to the right spots, though he did drop a few...the stats don't do his game justice today. FIrst time i have seen him take a bit of control over a game

Not sure about Shepheard though, did a few decent things but not sure he has what it takes to get to the next level..

Cadwallader could be a prospect though with good skills and pace..

Has to be given a debut after the break, surely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

What a gun.

For who though?
Soon after the break we have Luke Mac, Mayne, Des and Broughton ready to go. Not sure there will be a spot for him.
Good to see him knocking on the door though.

Has to be given a debut after the break, surely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

What a gun.

Settle down, he kicked 7 goals against a bunch of witches hats, 5 of which came in the last quarter when the witches hats couldn't even be arsed coming out on the ground.

Be good to see him get a run in due course, but let's not talk him up too much.

Down an Medibank today watching the Royals and Lions and Clarke stood up big in the last quarter and really played pretty well today, his best game by far that I have seen this year and really went in hard and led well to the right spots, though he did drop a few...the stats don't do his game justice today. FIrst time i have seen him take a bit of control over a game

Not sure about Shepheard though, did a few decent things but not sure he has what it takes to get to the next level..

Good to hear my buddy did well. Hope is able to keep it going.

I don't think Shepheard is going to make it, thb. He works pretty hard but seems to have hard hands. He needs to start dominating for periods of games if he is going to take it up to the AFL level. I've seen a few Royals games this yet and am yet to see Shepheard take a game by the scruff of the neck.

Walters has sent some nice balls in to the forwards. You'd love him coming toward you as a leading forward.

Absolutely beautiful to watch when he spears the ball to the forwards isn't he? Probably the only player on our list that has a better action to watch than Hilly.

Loved that bit of commentary during the game where they said he almost put a hole in the chest of the forward leading at him.

Bucovaz! Great effort, even if it was only Peel he was playing.

Great to see him kick straight also after several 2 goal 4 behind or so performances.

But yeah, with Broughton, Johnson, Mayne and to a lesser extent Headland coming back from Injury in the next round/round after there will be a lot of competition for spots.

You would think he is competing directly with Mayne and Headland for a spot up forward should one free up. Johnson has to fit in up forward also.

Would love to see him come in over the next few weeks either against Port at Subi or Richmond at ES. He's got another week in the WAFL before we play again.

Been fairly negative about Hinkley a few times Swannies. Do you think hes up to AFL standard or is he still developing.

We're going to have to make a few hard decisions end of the year. He might be a possible delisting --> rookie.

I think he could be, definitely, although sometimes I think he should be playing WAFL reserves. Consistency is coming slowly to him, but he's gotten a lot better this year, however, when coralled he looks like a deer in the spotlights. In traffic, instinctively, he's not too bad.

But I'm a harsh marker, my 10 yo old son tells me.

If Twomey didn't butcher some of those kicks so badly I thought he would've had a really good game, swannies. He definitely had some shockers but won some good contests.

Michael Walters is just... so... close. He's got so much obvious talent but needs a little bit extra to get to then next level. I was watching the game on tele today and I remember one point in the third quarter at about the fifteen minute mark which sums him up. He did wonderfully well to chase a loose ball alongside a Sowfs player, can't remember who, but it was on the wing in front of the members. He closed him down and dived on the ball to partially smother a soccer kick, but got up slowly and allowed his opponent to keep on running unaided, as Jako would say. His opponent made it to the next two contests, luckily not affecting them, but Sonny was still slacking it further down the ground as the opponent created an extra number and allowed Sowfs to win the next few contests. It was below par for an AFL player and I think these are the moments that the coaches are trying to work on and make him understand that you need to follow up on your efforts, no matter how exhausted you are.

Hinkley didn't appear to be terrible, but clearly lacked awareness at a few crucial moments. Got tackled for a holding the ball decision in the corridor at one stage where he never should've been caught, but he dawdled along indecisively and was easily run down in the end. I noticed on one or two other occasions when he picked up the footy and stood flat footed instead of using some of his pace and trying to find space. Found a bit of the footy and his disposal was good on a few occasions, less good at other times. On that performance, I have my doubts that the coaches will persevere with him next season.

Murphy was Murphy. Dropped one or two grabs that weren't easy, but you would expect a key forward at AFL level to take. He worked well at ground level on a few occasions, I was really impressed when he never gave up on three consecutive chases at one stage. He still needs to do more though. He needs to get the footy in his hands more, he needs to present more, he needs to do a bit better when he gets the footy.

Twomey seems lost without his mate Robinson, just my take on what I see.

Hinkley, yes, you hit the nail on the head there when he seems indecisive. Needs to be told, if he doesn't already know, he needs more urgency and that would probably pick his game up to a decent level. Mind you, some guys (I'm thinking of Staker, Gehrig and Kep) never appear urgent, no matter what.

He's only 19 and for a KP that's young. How old is Jack Riweoldt now and how long has he taken to show the big wraps that were on him? Don't throw out a KP prospect, especially now when GC or GWS could benefit from the 2-3 years development that clubs have put into these type of players. Don't be too harsh yet.

I like the way he moves, particularly when forward.

Cheers Swannies. Btw speaking of Shepheard, do you see any other Key forwards, backs worth drafting.

Given the success of Barlow, Pods and obviously GC\GWS I think there will be more effort put into mature age picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back