WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

So Swannies, you're not one of those fathers who makes their kid walk home after a bad game are you? ;)

Ha Ha No. I actually don't keep scores during the games, there's no point, you're trying to teach them basic skills and decision making. I DO get angry when they copy their AFL heroes and kick across goals.....to the opposition! I do tell them if they've done something wrong though, which surprised a few of them and their parents early in the season! :eek:

Billings from Perth is worth a punt IMO.

As is Thompson from Claremont.

In regards to Sonson, he needs to vary his kicks. He spears every ball even when the situation calls for a well weighted kick.

When it comes off it looks a million dollars, when it doesnt it looks shit.

I've wondered this year if it wouldn't be worth someone giving Jones another go. Have watched Claremont 3 times this year and the bloke is in career best form imo. At worst he could be a handy Key Forward depth player.......

Fremantle offered Chad Jones and James Thomson the opportunity to train with the squad over summer. They declined.

I think they had both those players on the radar for a rookie spot. But given they refused to train with us they went down the pecking order. Obviously its a big commitment to train with the club and would result in you losing your usual fulltime job. Some people aren't prepared to take that risk on the outside chance they would get picked up.

Fremantle offered Chad Jones and James Thomson the opportunity to train with the squad over summer. They declined.

I think they had both those players on the radar for a rookie spot. But given they refused to train with us they went down the pecking order. Obviously its a big commitment to train with the club and would result in you losing your usual fulltime job. Some people aren't prepared to take that risk on the outside chance they would get picked up.

Yes this is correct,apparently he owns or manages one of the AFL shops and wasnt prepared to risk his job/business on the slim hope of being picked up and put on the rookie list....with no guarentee's,minimum payments and huge workload involved training for an AFL club.

He has really matured (physically) in the last 2 years though and will get seriously looked at,at the next draft

Not sure about Shepheard though, did a few decent things but not sure he has what it takes to get to the next level..

Cadwallader could be a prospect though with good skills and pace..

The Dockers see Shepheard as a "project player". Was never considered as a possibility to step straight in. Still skinny and young but has ability which means he could come good in his early 20's.

Agree wholeheartedly about Cadwallader. Could be anything.

With no Freo game next weekend it will be a great weekend to get down to a WAFL game.
Medibank Stadium will have Perth V Subiaco. With Broughton to make his return this week for Subi and Perth's team featuring the return of MJ plus Ruffles, Bolly, Houghton & Sibbo that's where I will be Saturday afternoon.
The other game for Freo fans would be Sharks V Swans at Basso which should see Buca, Hall, Dodd for Easts and Son Son, Hinkley and Pearce in Black & White.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd better go listen then. I'll feel so dirty. :eek:

I know what you mean, I love that Tofu posts them so I don't have to listen to all the other crap to hear Harves.

Mind you I'm tempted to ring in and say " Gidday Fellas, I'm a Dockers supporter but I want to talk about the Eagles" and launch into a spiel about how shit their recruiting is and if they want to get anywhere they need to get rid of Worsfold and his nepotistic bunch of yes men. But then there are probably plenty of Eagles fans doing that anyway.

Mind you I'm tempted to ring in and say " Gidday Fellas, I'm a Dockers supporter but I want to talk about the Eagles" and launch into a spiel about how shit their recruiting is and if they want to get anywhere they need to get rid of Worsfold and his nepotistic bunch of yes men. But then there are probably plenty of Eagles fans doing that anyway.

Hahaha, Hardie would love you to do that. It's music to his ears. Every time they interview Woosha, you can sense the tension. He must have said half a dozen times last night that Worsfold won't be the next premiership coach of the Eagles. :D

On the other hand, he absolutely loves Harvs. :thumbsu:

I didn't realise Shepheard was only 19. I'd guess the Dockers will be keen to keep him on the list for one more year as a rookie because he does show quite a bit. That will be this third and then the decision needs to be made, should he stay or should he go. Sibosadio is in the same boat. I'd be guessing both will get a third year as they both have the size and show enough potential.

I didn't realise Shepheard was only 19. I'd guess the Dockers will be keen to keep him on the list for one more year as a rookie because he does show quite a bit. That will be this third and then the decision needs to be made, should he stay or should he go. Sibosadio is in the same boat. I'd be guessing both will get a third year as they both have the size and show enough potential.

I reckon your quite right. We have a major lack of depth and quality in the young bigman stocks so as long as these 2 show something and are doing the right thing around the club both will probably be with us again next year

In this weeks games the following Dockers' are lining up.

Swans v Sharks
Hinkley (probably tagging Houlihan I reckon), Walters, Dodd, Bucovaz (to be towelled up by Ames or Pratt, please :eek:), Hall.

Tigers v Royals
Schammer, Shepheard, Clarke.

Lions v Demons - on ABC TV Sat.
Broughton, Ruffles, Bollenhagen, Houghton and Sibosado.
Also have a look at MayneMan's fave - Mzungu. Watch young Sneeuwajt - I like the look. Have a laugh at McDougall if you want as well!:thumbsu:

Thunder v Bulldogs - Sun, Anniversary Park - Rockingham
Crichton, Wilson.

As E-Shed said, get down to the WAFL and have a look at some of your future talent, and WA's future talent.:thumbsu:

In this weeks games the following Dockers' are lining up.

Swans v Sharks
Hinkley (probably tagging Houlihan I reckon), Walters, Dodd, Bucovaz (to be towelled up by Ames or Pratt, please :eek:), Hall.

Tigers v Royals
Schammer, Shepheard, Clarke.

Lions v Demons - on ABC TV Sat.
Broughton, Ruffles, Bollenhagen, Houghton and Sibosado.
Also have a look at MayneMan's fave - Mzungu. Watch young Sneeuwajt - I like the look. Have a laugh at McDougall if you want as well!:thumbsu:

Thunder v Bulldogs - Sun, Anniversary Park - Rockingham
Crichton, Wilson.

As E-Shed said, get down to the WAFL and have a look at some of your future talent, and WA's future talent.:thumbsu:

I reckon Ames will take Mitch Brown and Pratty will take Bouca.

I like your listings in the last game. If only Freo had Wilson and not Murphy :p. Will definitely be having a look at the ABC game - will rate well with Johno back.

I like your listings in the last game. If only Freo had Wilson and not Murphy :p. Will definitely be having a look at the ABC game - will rate well with Johno back.

Man I was in a hurry to watch the world cup game!:eek:

Hey Swannies you forgot MJ is playing for Perth this week too.

Yeah and also missed, although remembered at half time of the Italy v Slovakia game that Clancee is in for Swans too! :) Some good news for us!:thumbsu:

Just read this on the dockers website: http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7009/newsid/96855/default.aspx

West Perth 6.10 (46) lost to Claremont 17.9 (111)

Byron Schammer
Byron played forward and onball and finished with 30 possessions in a hard-working performance. He spread really well from stoppages and reacted to free kicks really quickly, which is something we keep an eye on. He won plenty of contested possessions and read the ruckman extremely well. It was an even four-quarter performance from Byron.

East Perth 16.15 (111) d Subiaco 15.13 (103)

Hamish Shepheard
Hamish played centre-half forward opposed to experienced defender Darren Rumble and didn’t have a great deal of impact. He covered the ground well and used the ball effectively with his 13 possessions; we just need him to get involved a little bit more often. He laid some strong tackles, one of which resulted in a goal for his team.

Zac Clarke
Zac rucked against Michael Rix, who got the better of him earlier in the season, and took the chocolates this time around. He looked lively from the start and his centre bounce work was good. One of his greatest assets is his athleticism and he ran hard to some very good spots. He was one of East Perth’s best players and took some good marks in the last quarter when the game was on the line.

South Fremantle 14.10 (94) lost to Swan Districts 17.13 (115)

Ryan Murphy
Ryan started full-forward and competed really well in the air, taking two strong contested marks early. He kicked 4.1 playing quite deep. We know he plays really well when he’s stationed deep in the forward line, now we’d like to see how he goes up the ground a bit more.

Clayton Hinkley
Clayton started in the middle and changed through half-forward and the wing in a solid game. His positioning was very good early at the centre bounces and he was able to push his opponent under the ball. He showed real purpose with his tackling and his clearances and kicked a 40m goal in the second quarter. He was running and making the play, which is what we want to see from Clayton.

Clancee Pearce
Clancee started at half-forward and mixed up starting positions between wing and high forward. We really wanted to see Clancee up forward and he started well, getting a couple of early inside 50s. He had eight possessions before colliding with a teammate and being concussed. He came back on but wasn’t seeing it as well as he should have been, so that ended his day. We’ll be watching to see how Clancee goes up forward.

Michael Walters
Michael started on the wing, occasionally went forward and was in the middle for a couple of centre bounces. He started with great intensity and played with real purpose off the wing, beating his opponent on most occasions. He had three inside 50s that all resulted in goals and had six tackles. His second half wasn’t as involved, but he had a really good game all round.

East Fremantle 26.17 (173) d Peel Thunder 5.11 (41)

Ben Bucovaz
Ben played half-forward, onball and deep forward kicking seven goals and giving a couple off as well. He was very smart with his positioning in attack and used his body really well. He booted four of his goals in the last quarter and benefited from getting front and square. He had it 18 times and took five grabs, so a lot of his goals were when he was on the move.

Chris Hall
We’ve been instructing Chris to break the lines and run and carry and he did that a number of times, showing that he is really coachable. He had six inside 50s and showed some real intent with the 50-50 balls. He played with a lot of confidence in the first half and took a number of running bounces.

Steven Dodd
Steven played onball, half-back and wing finishing with 32 possessions and a goal. When he did play onball, which was a different role we wanted to see him in, he had plenty of it, amassing 10 possessions in the second quarter and earning a tag from that point on. He looked dangerous when he went forward and really took his work rate to another level when he was tagged.

Jesse Crichton
Jesse played wing, half-forward and back and earned a lot of his own ball with Peel under the pump. He had a really good balance of winning his own footy and also receiving it on the outside. He’s always on the move, rarely walks and his defensive pressure is great. Jesse worked really hard in a team that lost by 132 points and didn’t drop his head at any stage.

Mate you're kidding aren't you?

Serious miss match there if it happens, Pratt would be giving away about 4 inchs in height and 20kg in weight! Buca would outmuscle him every time and kill him in the air. Pratt would have the advantage on the ground but I'd just get that contest isolated and bomb the ball in long if I was Woewie!

Mate you're kidding aren't you?

Serious miss match there if it happens, Pratt would be giving away about 4 inchs in height and 20kg in weight! Buca would outmuscle him every time and kill him in the air. Pratt would have the advantage on the ground but I'd just get that contest isolated and bomb the ball in long if I was Woewie!

Pratt does play tall but Matt Spencer is a more likely match up.

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back