WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate you're kidding aren't you?

Serious miss match there if it happens, Pratt would be giving away about 4 inchs in height and 20kg in weight! Buca would outmuscle him every time and kill him in the air. Pratt would have the advantage on the ground but I'd just get that contest isolated and bomb the ball in long if I was Woewie!

Spencer is more likely but I based this on the fact that Pratt lined up on the "Murphinator" last week on ABC TV for most of the game.

Mate you're kidding aren't you?

Serious miss match there if it happens, Pratt would be giving away about 4 inchs in height and 20kg in weight! Buca would outmuscle him every time and kill him in the air. Pratt would have the advantage on the ground but I'd just get that contest isolated and bomb the ball in long if I was Woewie!

Pratt's exceptional in the air for his size Scham, so I'd be inclined to go with him, because Bucovaz will murder Spencer on the ground and in open play. The other guy I would've played on him is Simpson, but he's suspended!:eek: We could always play Wes Lammie on him, I suppose!:eek::p

Very encouraging WAFL report there on all our guys.

Ben looks promising, must be close to a game. Chris is developing nicely too.

Interesting comments for Doddy, be interesting to see if he can back it up today.

Impressive first halves from: Sibo (immaculate skills and is running off his man nicely, who has only had 1 kick which was from an iffy free), Broughton (as smooth as ever and should be back in purple next week), Houghton (working hard and leading well with 5 marks already). Johnno has looked good up forward as well and Ruffles has done a few good things although disposal hasnt been great.

What was that about Broughton? I came back to hear "not good news for Freo supporters"????????????????

:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greg Broughton - 15 disposals, 4 marks
Joel Houghton - 13 disposals, 7 marks, 2 tackles, 1 goal
Michael Johnson - 15 disposals, 9 marks, 2 tackles, 2 goals
Tim Ruffles - 13 disposals, 1 goal
Casey Sibosado - 21 disposals, 9 marks, 2 tackles
Byron Schammer - 15 disposals, 3 tackles, 5 I50's
Zac Clarke - 12 disposals, 10 hitouts, 4 I50's, 3 behinds
Hamish Shepheard - 6 disposals, 4 marks
Clayton Hinkley - 18 disposals, 3 tackles, 1 goal
Clancee Pearce - 24 disposals, 7 marks, 4 tackles
Michael Walters - 16 disposals, 6 tackles, 1 goal
Ben Bucovaz - 8 disposals, 2 tackles
Steven Dodd - 21 disposals, 9 marks, 2 goals
Chris Hall - 12 disposals, 3 I50's

Looks like Sibosado found a fair bit of the ball, and from early reports it sounds like he had a very good game. Pearce, Dodd and Hinkley keep racking up the touches too.

Sucks about Broughton.

Schammer looks to be going through the motions. When young guys like Neates come in and do much better than him, you know he isn't really switched on.

Great to see Sibbo get a bit more of the ball. Looks to be coming on in leaps and bounds.

The last bit of the season is make or break time for Hinkley, Hall, Shephard and maybe even Walters. Hinkley is the one most at risk of being cut. Hall has come on and shown some signs, but other youngsters in the Easts team just keep going past him. Shep has come on a lot this year and shown some signs, but is struggling to keep it going.

I started watching the Perth v Subiaco game just before quarter time but I'm sorry, I fell asleep early to midway through the third quarter (some of us had to work at stoopid o'clock this morning) before I woke up in time for the last five minutes. I recorded the game, so I'll probably watch it again, but from what I saw you can quite comfortably say that Greg Broughton is absolutely a cut above everyone else who was out there. It's a shame he got hurt because he was playing fantastic and you could really tell he was an AFL player amongst WAFL players.

I had previously accepted E Shed's comparisons between Sibo and Roger with a tad of nervously optimistic skepticism but I can see exactly where he's coming from now. Casey gets the footy and then just seems to mess with the blokes on the other side before he makes the right decision and executes it immaculately. Every single freakin' time. I'm talking 50m scud missiles that are flatter than a dressmaker's arse. If Steven Armstrong wasn't a complete f'king moron then Casey would've been the hero today. In the dying stages he rushed two behinds, the first one quite simple, the second one amazingly, awesomely, superbly, shoulda-been-match-winning. Came from nowhere with blistering pace to make a contest with a smaller player running onto a loose ball into open goal, knocked him off the line of the footy, kept his feet and gathered the ball before making the right decision to run the ball over the line. He also came up with some good spoils and made a good contest in the air every time. I like the boy, he's a keeper for sure. He'll be a crowd favourite, too.

Joel Houghton will make it as well, I feel. I think his best work will be done from centre half forward working up the ground, but he shows a good understanding of where to go, a FANTASTIC willingness to chase (even when he knows he's not going to catch the bloke or is going to cop a shepherd, he still gives it everything he's got), good strong hands and solid skills. He'll need time, don't expect him to debut for Freo until this time next year at least I would think, but he's a work in progress and a mighty fine work at that. The thought of Pav playing from the goalsquare in his twilight years with Joel playing from centre half forward is an exciting prospect indeed.

Tim Ruffles is not the same Tim Ruffles we saw at this time last year, I feel. He sprayed a few kicks and got a bit lost which was a shame. I feel like he will need another month or two to find better form because I think he might be struggling with the knee still. It's silly of me to draw such a long bow at this stage of the season, but don't be surprised if he plays out the season in the WAFL. He'll come back a much improved player next season when he's had some more time to get over his reconstruction.

Magic Johnson was good too, played full forward for the most part and took some nice grabs. I would've preferred to see some more influence from a talented AFL player in a WAFL game but what are you going to do. I wouldn't be too disappointed with leaving him in the WAFL for another week to put the wind up him. He definitely needed the run to get some touch I think. My soul would be destroyed if Kepler was dropped in favour of MJ on the back of that performance. I wish he could borrow some of Kep's workmanlike mongrel within sometimes, he'd be a much better player for it.

Anybody I missed? Tendai Mzungu looks a good player and I like Scott Siekerka. The Ransted boy did some handy things too. Mah bug K!W1 didn't quite live up to the expectations placed upon him by some posters on this board. I didn't notice too many of the other Sewerbiaco players, mainly because I hate them. Sorry.

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back