Competitions WAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldnt mind seeing him play AFL because he looks like the type of playing who benefits from AFL as opposed to the poor kicking and ball movement in the WAFL. Probably wont get the change though.
Not sure we need another lazy frontrunner in the team but it might be the only way we get something of value back for him at the end of the year

Not his agent, but someone who knows him very well, has been with him through his journey at West Coast, and who I would consider a good friend. He's a good kid and he's learning massively, I just want him to get the chance.
Let him him know he needs to compete a bit better instead of sitting back and letting his man dominate. With his endurance he should be running guys off their feet

I still remember that pre-season game in his first year vs Port when we were down and Lamb stood up and kicked 2 (I think) in a quarter to get us back in the game - looked like he had serious potential.

Has he developed at all since then? I'm not making excuses for him because you have to be accountable for yourself but I don't think it's all his fault if he hasn't. There's plenty of guys in the AFL with bad attitudes (think Jack Reiwoldt in his early years) that have become good footballers.

I still remember that pre-season game in his first year vs Port when we were down and Lamb stood up and kicked 2 (I think) in a quarter to get us back in the game - looked like he had serious potential.

Has he developed at all since then? I'm not making excuses for him because you have to be accountable for yourself but I don't think it's all his fault if he hasn't. There's plenty of guys in the AFL with bad attitudes (think Jack Reiwoldt in his early years) that have become good footballers.
Remember Brown's first game against Sydney? We thought he was going to be a superstar :(

Lamb needs to be trialed defense FFS.

Try something different to unlock his potential, not put up with the same old shit for the same old result.

Squeeze every ounce out of young talent before the club throws them to the curb.
Yeah because we need more defenders on our list

Lamb needs to be trialed defense FFS.

Try something different to unlock his potential, not put up with the same old shit for the same old result.

Squeeze every ounce out of young talent before the club throws them to the curb.

Most of unlocking has to do with him. It's not the ability. All players drafted have the ability. If he don't wanna work, he don't wanna work.

Not his agent, but someone who knows him very well, has been with him through his journey at West Coast, and who I would consider a good friend. He's a good kid and he's learning massively, I just want him to get the chance.
He seems laconic not even bothering to put his arms up standing on the mark . Lecras got a goal by this 1% which really is the easiest thing to do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game Lamb! Kid has turned a corner, used to drop his head and wouldn't have had those late game plays like he did today. His attitude has changed so much since he first got to the club, getting on much better with teammates and realizing he needs to do his role for the team. Playing full forward in a team that has been losing, and moreso that has had a number of players stat padding to look good (EP dominate possession first 4 weeks but lose every game, all of a sudden go more direct and win - no surprises), but he has kept his head held high and I believe still has a bright future.

Lamb has had a prettyconsistent season in a horrible football side, playing as the main forward target most weeks and i'm not exactly sure what the fuss has been about. Keys doesn't like him because he's not always at the ball and likes to crumb the ball a lot and get out back, not a horrible thing given he's not a clutch mark and isn't and won't be a body player. The people that accuse him of being a bit of a front runner ignore his endurance and the immense territory he covers in search of possessions in the first place. Lamb is for mine is a tall half forward and can easily clock up ten touches a quarter when played up the ground.

I'd hold onto him for as long as he wants to stay.

Lamb has had a prettyconsistent season in a horrible football side, playing as the main forward target most weeks and i'm not exactly sure what the fuss has been about. Keys doesn't like him because he's not always at the ball and likes to crumb the ball a lot and get out back, not a horrible thing given he's not a clutch mark and isn't and won't be a body player. The people that accuse him of being a bit of a front runner ignore his endurance and the immense territory he covers in search of possessions in the first place. Lamb is for mine is a tall half forward and can easily clock up ten touches a quarter when played up the ground.

I'd hold onto him for as long as he wants to stay.

My issue with him is too often he doesn't put in the effort or at least looks that way. He has the ability and he is capable of taking pack marks because I've seen him do it

Agree that a lot of his over the back goals are the result of hard running where he has pushed to get himself there. Other times it's because he hasn't chased his man upfield and has benefited from being in the right place after a turnover as a result

He's played more good games than bad this year and even in a couple of his poorer games his effort has still been there. Yesterday was pleasing because rather than drop his head he persevered and influenced the game after lowering his colours up until 3/4 time

I genuinely hope he comes good because the talent is there and he doesn't seem like a bad kid - his post game interview was especially pleasing

I think the trouble with Lamb is that he doesn't have any way of winning the ball for himself. He doesn't take strong marks in packs or even with guys just putting a bit of pressure on him and he's not going to go in hard and win a ground ball. He ends up needing silver service to touch the ball when he's in a dangerous location and that just doesn't happen at East Perth.

I've said this before but I think the 3 main reasons players fail are injuries, bad attitudes and lack of intensity. Lamb lacks intensity. He's basically the second coming of Andrew McDougall.

My issue with him is too often he doesn't put in the effort or at least looks that way. He has the ability and he is capable of taking pack marks because I've seen him do it

Agree that a lot of his over the back goals are the result of hard running where he has pushed to get himself there. Other times it's because he hasn't chased his man upfield and has benefited from being in the right place after a turnover as a result

He's played more good games than bad this year and even in a couple of his poorer games his effort has still been there. Yesterday was pleasing because rather than drop his head he persevered and influenced the game after lowering his colours up until 3/4 time

I genuinely hope he comes good because the talent is there and he doesn't seem like a bad kid - his post game interview was especially pleasing

Keys I am not in such a hurry as most here to get rid of him. I actually think he has come on quite well this year.

The highlighted bit could well be said for both the Frenchman and JHill , thats part and parcel of the position that they play.

I have seen Lamb get more involved when the ball is in dispute when there is "a stacks on the mill situation ".
He has an intense side to his game, that if it could just be harnessed and channeled more regularly, would make so much difference to his value to the team.

There are others on our list that need to be given the tap on the shoulder IMO before Lamb.
Whilst I don't, for one minute, want any more injuries to the Eagles, I am encouraged with Lambs progression so far this season, to feel OK with him getting another run in the seniors if needed.

I reckon he has grown slightly in height ever season he has been at the Club.
Now I have seen enough of junior to colts level football , too both know and appreciate ,that you won't get the best out of ANY kid until they have stopped growing. Looking at him again yesterday as he was walking off the ground next to McInnes there didn't seem to be that much difference in their height.
Lamb is listed at 193 and McInnes at 197 on the Eagles site but there didn't look like 4 cms difference to me.

As I have said on here before I think he has been badly coached and developed and I would love for us to be a bit more expansive in the range of assignments we give him to play.

Just my two cents worth.

Didn't see the game, in Melbourne this weekend. Lamb had 4 goals in the last quarter? Were 3 of them from the goal square or all 4 of them?

Didn't see the game, in Melbourne this weekend. Lamb had 4 goals in the last quarter? Were 3 of them from the goal square or all 4 of them?
I think 3 were in the square.His 4 goals reminded me of Darling's last week which made him look better on the stats sheets then if you saw it.Lamb was nearly invisible for the first three quarters and when finally we got on top in the middle and got the ball forward he benefited from others good work.Jetta tapped a ball forward to him as he was running into the square.He did actually pick somebody's pocket whilst in the square to kick one and I think he might have crumbed one very close to the square.Mcinnes gave him a nice pass which he converted from 20 out.It was a bit like the game against Perth last year when he kicked 3 of his 5 goals in the last 15 minutes when East perth had started putting Perth to the sword.Definitely a lucky 4 goals.Wouldn't warrant a afl game.On the other hand if Vardy doesn't come up i would say Mcinnes deserves a game on the last two games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions WAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back